• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
I'm having a problem with all of Darthatron's tools. Whenever I try to use one, it says COM-something-deficiency, a file is missing or invalid.
What's wrong?

Oh, and is there a tutorial on how to use RMXP?

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I'm having a problem with all of Darthatron's tools. Whenever I try to use one, it says COM-something-deficiency, a file is missing or invalid.
What's wrong?

Download the file from Google and place it in your computer's system32 folder.
Then run a command prompt and type:

regsvr32 xxxx

(xxxx = file name)

and press enter and you should get a window pooping up sayin that it sucessfully registered. Then it'll work.

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
I have a problem; whenever I warp into a building the inside is pitch black and the game freezes

riotobv

kieranXD!
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
um hey anyone reading,
i have a slight problem with my self-made "hack."

It's a ruby hack, so you're starting off in the truck, but every time i try to leave the truck; the ROM restarts.
Is there anyway I can cancel out the truck start to avoid this problem, or is there a way to fix it? :3

Thanks people :} xx

(eek typo-ed!)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
um hey anyone reading,
i have a slight problem with my self-made "hack."

It's a ruby hack, so you're starting off in the truck, but every time i try to leave the truck; the ROM restarts.
Is there anyway I can cancel out the truck start to avoid this problem, or is there a way to fix it? :3

Thanks people :} xx

(eek typo-ed!)

You could have done 2 things wrong with this...
1: Edited the Trucks Level Script. (This is a bad thing, you are better off restarting or fixing it somehow.)
2: You changed something important OUTSIDE the truck... did you mess up a map oustide?

Check these things, and report back.

riotobv

kieranXD!
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
You could have done 2 things wrong with this...
1: Edited the Trucks Level Script. (This is a bad thing, you are better off restarting or fixing it somehow.)
2: You changed something important OUTSIDE the truck... did you mess up a map oustide?

Check these things, and report back.

Oh thank you for the quick reply ^_^!

I edited the map outside the truck, but the script is still there and untouched (hopefully).

:}x

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2013
Now, I have gone through several of the pages, mainly 1 - 50, and still could not find what I am looking for, so let me ask it.

Note - I am hacking Pokemon Emerald

Alright, here is my problem. I have been hacking Pokemon Emerald, and noticed there is no Legendary Birds/Dogs Over World Sprite. I thought this would be a easy fix just by Exporting the sprite from Fire Red over to Emerald, but the fact that none of the Emerald palettes match any of the Pokemon makes it hard to put them in the game. So there is two questions I need to ask,

1.) Is there a way where I can Export a Palette, and Import to another Rom.

2.) Is there a way where I can insert a whole new sprite, with out getting rid of anything else?

Please help I would really appreciate it, and Thank you in advance.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Now, I have gone through several of the pages, mainly 1 - 50, and still could not find what I am looking for, so let me ask it.

Alright, here is my problem. I have been hacking Pokemon Emerald, and noticed there is no Legendary Birds/Dogs Over World Sprite. I thought this would be a easy fix just by Exporting the sprite from Fire Red over to Emerald, but the fact that none of the Emerald palettes match any of the Pokemon makes it hard to put them in the game. So there is two questions I need to ask,

2.) Is there a way where I can insert a whole new sprite, with out getting rid of anything else?

1) Find it's offset and go to it in APE. Save the palette. Then go to your new ROM, find what you want to replace and load your palette.

2) There is some way with severe hex editing, I'm sure not many people know this. I think I get what your trying to ask anyways.

0d'

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2014
Hello, guys.. Actually, I need some help with scripting...
I'm getting started with ROM Hacking. I started trying to script today, btw.. I'm here, cuz I'm having few problems.
Well, it's a kind hard to explain (cuz of my english which is far from good)

Here I go:

With AM, I selected the fat guy in pallet town and oppenned his script and changed some stuff...
For starting the basical script to a message...
"0x16582F" is the offset of the fatguy...
Spoiler:

Till now, I guess everything is right, isn't it ? So... When I try to compile my script I receive a message "Too less parameters on line 4. The correct number is 2"

I also tried with other methods from many others tutorials... The error is always the same...
Spoiler:

the same error... (but with the line's value different) "Too less parameters on line 5. The correct number is 2"

Spoiler:

AND! same error...

Could someone help me ?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hello, guys.. Actually, I need some help with scripting...
I'm getting started with ROM Hacking. I started trying to script today, btw.. I'm here, cuz I'm having few problems.
Well, it's a kind hard to explain (cuz of my english which is far from good)

Here I go:

With AM, I selected the fat guy in pallet town and oppenned his script and changed some stuff...
For starting the basical script to a message...
"0x16582F" is the offset of the fatguy...
Spoiler:

Till now, I guess everything is right, isn't it ? So... When I try to compile my script I receive a message "Too less parameters on line 4. The correct number is 2"

I also tried with other methods from many others tutorials... The error is always the same...
Spoiler:

the same error... (but with the line's value different) "Too less parameters on line 5. The correct number is 2"

Spoiler:

AND! same error...

Could someone help me ?

Please post your question in the script help thread next time, I'll help you THIS time, but next time, I'll simply report, mkay?

I fixed your script in the quote.
(You see, you have the NEWEST XSE, which means that the 'boxset' command no longer exists, and instead, is added onto msgbox.)
Changes are in BOLD RED.

Also, the script in the first spoiler, is written in PokeScript... I don't suggest using it... XSE, the one you currently script with, is the way to go.
(Please read the guide that comes with XSE. (To read it, press the F2 button when you have XSE open.) Read it, and it will explain many things about XSE, and how to script.)

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years

1)with overworld editor you can import a pallete. pay attention when importing and you'll see the option.

2) yeah you can buy re-pointing . Or you can expand the sprite bank.
I'm to lazy to explain how...

Last edited:

0d'

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2014
Thanks Omega, and sorry for posting in the wrong thread. It won't happen again :]
I compiled it succesfully... launched the game BUT... when I go talk to the fat box, the message box doesn't open.

EDIT:

Actually the debug menu gave me some values to change... I did it.. And it's working with perfection.

Thank you anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back