• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Garnet

Allow Silver to Chose between the Starter he steals, or just Totodile?

• Just Totodile.

Votes: 249 29.3%
  • Allow him to chose.

Votes: 602 70.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
HoTW #71: Pokemon Garnet

silvercopy.png

Hack Info
FireRed
Started May 1st 2009
Alpha/Beta: Beta 3.0

Plot
Silver, Giovanni's son, has been held captive by a man known as the Mask of Ice for 9 years. Along with his new best friend Blue, they plot their escape. After they escape, Silver and Blue split up, with Blue going to Kanto and Silver going to Johto. Silver's new objective is to seek revenge, and with the help of his new rivals and Lance, he will complete the missions he is given.

There will be some ties into the Anime and a huge follow of the manga's story. After the main story, Silver will get the Coliseum ticket which takes him to the region of Orre where you can participate in ALOT of different Coliseum battles and fight somebody special at the end ;)

Awards
Spoiler:

Features

• New Hero, Silver
  • New Story
  • New Sprites
  • Punk Rocker Rombase
  • Kyledove Tiles
  • Johto and Orre Region
  • Silver's side of the story
  • Johto Gym Leaders
  • Over 5 New Rivals aswell as the option to have your own character put into the game
  • New scripts
  • New maps
  • New Gym system where you have to battle through the preliminaries.
  • Coliseums.
  • Sometimes towns will host small arena's which hold prizes for the winner.
  • All starters attainable except for Cyndaquil and Chikorita.
  • Headbutt Trees
  • Player Can "Camp Out" In chosen areas
  • Alot more Double Battles
ScreenShots
Spoiler:

Videos
Spoiler:

Hacking Team
Click HERE To go to the Garnet Hacker's Thread.

Banners
Spoiler:

Status
Beta 2.0:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/aeqgyf

Accepted Trainers (StoryMode)
Spoiler:

Accepted Trainers (Colloseum)

If you want to be a participant, please use the following Application Form(Note, You can post a sprite of your character if you want but NO EDITS!) Only post if you have 15+ Posts;

HTML:
Name of Trainer:
Hair Style/Colour:
Clothing:
Attitude:
Which Colosseum You Want to Partake in:
Pokemon #1:
Pokemon #2:
Pokemon #3:
Pokemon #4:
Pokemon #5:
Pokemon #6:

Phe
nac Colloseum
Spoiler:

Pyrite Colloseum
Spoiler:

Under Colloseum
Spoiler:

Orre Colloseum
Spoiler:

Tower Colloseum
Spoiler:

Credits

Me - Spriting,Mapping,Scripting,Graphic Inserting, Story Writer
Sleepwalker - Mapping & Ideas, Music Insertion
Worldslayer - Teaching me how to edit Intro sprites
Diegoisawesome - Everything about scripts + help when I need it,Graphics Inserter
Raikou-san - Everything about scripts, + help when I need it
Neti - Teaching me to block edit
Zel 2.0 - Inspiration
Punk Rocker - Rombase
Kyledove - Tiles and some OWs
Hackmew - Tools,tools, and more tools
Coronis - Intro Sprites
CodeNameArtist - ALOT of Sprites
Anyone else who thinks they helped, tell me your name and I'll add you to the list :D

Beta 3.0
http://www.sendspace.com/file/r3yd2z

Bugs

-WorldMap is yet to be changed.
-Option to be Girl is yet to be removed.

</div>

Last edited:

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
The screen shots look great and the story is interesting good luck

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
Years
Gee. Xatoku.. Your Plot is Nice.. and Good Scripting :D Atlist you learned rightie?
Well goodluck on this... and by the way? Why are all of the doors are PokeCenter's Door?
XD..

-Yasumin

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Gee. Xatoku.. Your Plot is Nice.. and Good Scripting :D Atlist you learned rightie?
Well goodluck on this... and by the way? Why are all of the doors are PokeCenter's Door?
XD..

-Yasumin

It's temporary until I can get somebody who can edit the door animation cuz sadly, I cannot XD And thanks :D

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
Years
Well it's okies :D.... I know the problem.. I also have the problem with Punk Rocker's Rombase.. But i hope that someone will fix it for you.. Sorry i cannot that's why i wont use that Rombase >3

-Yasumin

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
nice hack, playing the story of sliver
only will there be a choice of starter

Name:
John
Place First Met (In Johto/Orre):

Johto
Pokemon Team: Posion

Ganger Crobat Ninoking Rosila Weezing MukIs your Character Against of for what Silver is doing?
I'm Koga's Son

travel to Johto to obtain a parcel form Lance
Know's who Sliver is working for
ask Sliver for questions (he does not Know the answers)
during the Story I find Lance
and then I defect him in battle (not pokemon battle)
Sliver comes and defects me again!

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Cool. A Manga Hack.
About Blue's OW, I thought that the original FR Rom has Blue's OW. (Why
not use that one?)

Since the Protagonist is male, what would happen to the Female one?

If acceptable, I'll like to be a Rival as well.

Name: Prince
Outfit/Look/RPG Sprite: With robe but doesn't have have a crown
Pokemon: Any (Except for Poison, Normal and Bug Types.)

I'm just going to appear behind the Protagonist and freak him/her out
before the battle.

Who I am: Like Carlos from SG

Edit: First Found: Route 29

Last edited:

jps101

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Name:Jordan
Place First Met (In Johto/Orre):Johto Blackthorn
Pokemon Team: Shown in Signature.
RPG Sprites: Don't mind. Aslong as I am a boy and look cool.
Is your Character Against of for what Silver is doing? I'm for. I would like to be a helper where I battle him, and then give him something cool.

Last edited:

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
64088963.png

This is quite an average map: the icy rock formations look really unatural plus what will the border block of this map be? Another thing, you should avoid mixing the high-tech 3-d D/P/Pt tiles with FR/LG tiles. Just de-vamp the D/P/Pt tiles, it will suit the game more and it will rock!
Anyway, once you've made your hacking team, I wish you luck on that.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
64088963.png

This is quite an average map: the icy rock formations look really unatural plus what will the border block of this map be? Another thing, you should avoid mixing the high-tech 3-d D/P/Pt tiles with FR/LG tiles. Just de-vamp the D/P/Pt tiles, it will suit the game more and it will rock!
Anyway, once you've made your hacking team, I wish you luck on that.

Thanks for the advice, the map has a fog effect which ebelishes it's feel but I know what you mean by unnatural, I'm not sure of the border for as of now it's just black. I may switch it to elite 4 tiles instead.

EDIT: I've added a poll to straight out this starter issue.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2021
Name:
Axel

Place First Met (In Johto/Orre Which City?):
Olivine

Pokemon Team:
Heracross
Dragonite
Tauros
Tyranitar
Sceptile (Jolteon)
Gardevoir (Snorlax)
The pokemon in parentheses are in case you don't want any non-johto pokemon by the time you get to Olivine. If levels are lowered to pre-evolution, then you can de-evolve them no problem.

RPG Sprites:
You can take care of these :D

Is your Character Against of for what Silver is doing?:
Takes offense to something innocuously done by Silver and tries to get in his way whenever they meet up.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
Name:Jamie

Place First Met (In Johto/Orre Which City?):Johto
Pokemon Team:
charmander/charmeleon/charizard
cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion
flareon
any other fire types you feel like.

as he runs into silver over and over again his pokemon get stronger and he keeps getting more untill he has 6. Then they continue getting stronger. (i'm not sure if you want pokemon past kanto and johto)

RPG Sprites:could you make it the cool trainer male sprite.
Is your Character Against of for what Silver is doing?: i'm just a person trying to become the strongest fire pokemon trainer and just continueslly fight silver because he keeps beating me. So he's basically a sparring partner for Silver.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Alright I'm spriting some characters right now, question:

Could you guys embelish on your characters looks and where he will be found? Thanks.

And I've accepted Jamie and Axel for the game. 8 More.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Name: Min (if you're using all caps for the name please make the name "MIN" but if you're using proper grammar for the names, make it "Min". thanks)
(when she has dialog, I'd like her to seem tough, but somewhat girly. like: "So you think you're good enough to beat me? let's find out!" at the beginning of a battle and something like: "Kyahh! my poor Quilava..." after losing. That sort of thing.
Place First Met (In Johto/Orre Which City?): Goldenrod City, after beating Whitney. (no battle until Ecruteak)
Pokemon Team: Quilava (female), Fearow (male), Flaaffy (female), Vaporeon (male), Phanpy (female), Heracross (male)
Level should be anything that fits the point in which Silver fights her. However, I prefer Quilava to never evolve. Also, Quilava should be the highest level of the six - even if only one level higher. First sent out should be Phanpy or Flaaffy - whichever you choose.
By the first battle with Silver, Min's Pokemon will be too high for Quilava to be Cyndaquil. It's the same situation for Flaaffy and Fearow, since Whitney's Pokemon are levels 18 and 20 (unless you're changing them). Phanpy can evolve into Donphan after the first fight - regardless of level. I'd like for Vaporeon to already be a Vaporeon in the first fight.
RPG Sprites:
Mintrainersprite-2.png

URL: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k165/Namikaze/Mintrainersprite-2.png
Is your Character Against of for what Silver is doing?: Neutral - she wants to test his abilities, but couldn't care less what Silver actually does.
I will provide the trainer sprite in battle and in OW aslong as you provide details, or provide your own trainer sprites

I can make an overworld sprite if you want, or
you can make one based on the trainer sprite design I posted.
By the way, my trainer is a recolored and edited splice of Anabel (body), Winona (legs and hair; minor edits), and Lucy (feet; major edits).

EDIT: Here is the trainer overworld sprite. If you accept my character (which hopefully you will) I will make the walking sprites etc.
I'll make any changes you want as long as my concept is intact. Just so you know, I'm no spriter - I usually only do recolors and occasional revamps. I did maybe... 4 splices... ever? Not sure. But anyway, there are a few variations on the overworlds. Choose which you like best...

EDIT:%20Here%20is%20the%20trainer%20overworld%20sprite.%20If%20you%20accept%20my%20character%20%28which%20hopefully%20you%20will%29%20I%20will%20make%20the%20walking%20sprites%20etc.%20I%27ll%20make%20any%20changes%20you%20want%20as%20long%20as%20my%20concept%20is%20intact.%20Just%20so%20you%20know,%20I%27m%20no%20spriter%20-%20I%20usually%20only%20do%20recolors%20and%20occasional%20revamps.%20I%20did%20maybe...%204%20splices...%20ever
Minoverworldvariationsandsprite.png

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k165/Namikaze/Minoverworldvariationsandsprite.png

I have the regular sprite in there since I was using it for colors... Couldn't be bothered to take it out. ^^

Last edited:

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
Well, it looks nice, but my biggest concern would have to be the tiles. They are overused (Yes, I know I'm using them, but they are being changed soon) I would recommend changing to something less common, or get some completely custom ones. The story is nice, could be elaborated a little, but nice nonetheless. The sprites also look pretty good ^^ I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this, so good luck ^^

Sleepwalker

Some Kind Of Monster
Years
Name: Cal

Story: Cal was born in Agate Village. Has two sisters. Younger one became a professor, older one became a trainer. The older one, Azura, goes on an adventure, without telling Cal. One month later, Cal catches a Bulbasaur in Agate Forest. Leaves to find Azura. Travels to Gateon Port with his Bulbasaur and Sentret (caught on the way to Gateon). Someone tells him that his sister went to Johto, so takes a boat ride there. A tital wave crashes into the boat and Cal falls into the water. He wakes up in Cherrygrove City's shore. Then his Johto adventure begins...

He's for Silver's cause. Silver bumps into him in Union Cave and they fight. They then become accomplices. Silver sees him in Ilex Forest observing the forest (It reminds him of Agate Village). Then Silver sees him at Olivine City's beach, trying to find a way across without swimming (he's afraid of water after his boat ride). They battle there. If Silver enters Mt. Mortar, they can battle. Later, in Victory Road, Silver and Cal fight before the league. After Cal loses, he says "I'm not gonna enter the league. I have more important matters to attend. If you're ever in Agate Village, come find me." If Silver sees him there, Cal tells him about Citadark Isle. Then he goes missing, and is found by Silver in Citadark Isle. Can be seen training there afterwards.

Team:
Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur - Agate Forest - his fist Pokémon, playful when young
Sentret/Furret - Between Agate and Gateon - his Pokémon he walks around with out, very energetic
Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot - Route 30 - Uses to fly from place to place.
Houndour/Houndoom - Gift from Azura - Rides on top of because he can't afford a bicycle.
Nidoran/Nidorino/Nidoking - Route 35 - His powerhouse of his team. He uses it to surf.
Duskull/Dusclops/Dusknoir* - Gift from Morty for giving information - His last resort, likes to use on tough trainers.
*In case you decide on some 4th generation Pokémon.

Fight Locations*:
Union Cave (Ivysaur, Furret, Pidgeotto)
Olivine Shore (Ivysaur, Furret, Pidgeotto, Houndoom, Nidorino)
Mt. Mortar (Venusaur, Furret, Pidgeotto, Houndoom, Nidorino, Duskull)
Victory Road (Venusaur, Furret, Houndoom, Nidoking, Dusclops, Pidgeot)
Citadark Isle (Venusaur, Furret, Houndoom, Nidoking, Dusknoir, Pidgeot)
*Listed in case the story was a little unclear. Plus, it shows his team during that battle.

Appearance:
He has brown hair, and blue eyes. Wears jeans, a black shirt and a red jacket. (Not seen, but he has a necklace with a picture of him with his Bulbasaur.) He has a scar on his chest from the boat incident.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back