• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2009
help with trainer card sprite

how can i change the colors of the character on the trainer card of pokemon fire red because im new at this...and thankz

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
how can i change the colors of the character on the trainer card of pokemon fire red because im new at this...and thankz
i personaly have a pet pev on this I get so mad when I see a good hack but the sprites are just collared changes I want to see new custume sprites or origanl I hate seing an odling collared character

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
I recently tried to insert a new pokemon sprite into my rom using torferno's pokemon insertion tut, but when I tried it out in the game by going into a pokemon battle, the screen tuned birhgt purple after the beggining battle music, so what im asking is why did this happen and how do I fix this

Years
Okay... I'm confused about this.
The new maps I made won't allow me to get on the bicycle at all.
(I'm using Advance map 1.92)
I can run however, so that's good but wondering if this is possible to fix at all.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Is there any way to change trainer music, Gym leaders more then anything.

Just use one of the trainer editing tools. I recommend A-Trainer, but you could use Battle-Ed or (God forbid) PET. You have the option to change their battle music. Inserting new music... Just follow what narutoactor said.

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
Now, in my hack, I have added in a character and labled him as a trainer in Advanced Map. How do I set in his text, pokemon, their moves, and that sort of stuff in?
Also, I also added in a Pokeball in the overworld also using Advanced Map. How do I make it give an item (I know giveitem codes, but I don't know how to apply them)?
Sorry, but I just started my hack like two days ago. Can anyone help?

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Now, in my hack, I have added in a character and labled him as a trainer in Advanced Map. How do I set in his text, pokemon, their moves, and that sort of stuff in?
Also, I also added in a Pokeball in the overworld also using Advanced Map. How do I make it give an item (I know giveitem codes, but I don't know how to apply them)?
Sorry, but I just started my hack like two days ago. Can anyone help?

well to give a trainer pokemon etc. you need to get the program Atrainer, or PET, but A trainer is recommended. You get both from Hackmews factory in the toolbox forum here in Emulation

and the second one as you said is a give item script, but you need to know how to put it on A-map, right?, So after you write your script in XSE, open your rom and press the compile button, then take the first offset marked as New offset and paste that in the event offset for the event in A map

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
well to give a trainer pokemon etc. you need to get the program Atrainer, or PET, but A trainer is recommended. You get both from Hackmews factory in the toolbox forum here in Emulation

and the second one as you said is a give item script, but you need to know how to put it on A-map, right?, So after you write your script in XSE, open your rom and press the compile button, then take the first offset marked as New offset and paste that in the event offset for the event in A map
Thanks for the info on ATrainer, but about adding in items, well, I couldn't find the codes for the items themselves. Does any place mention the code for items so I can use them in the script? You know like Hex Values?

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
Hey.

I was just wondering why my Fire Red ROM is 250-something MB? I've made 2 quite large maps on it and changed a couple of images, and its increased from around 5MB to 250MB. Why is this?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2010
In a Ruby Hack, what script do I have to write to give the player a standard pokedex?

I have searched but cannot find anything... It is driving me crazy :/

School days again...
Years
Question, when changing the intro sprites, why does mine when answering the yes and no question in the intro, the palette of the intro sprite is different. Please answer for those who know.

Pictures:
1636pokemonfireredversin.png
1636pokemonfireredversi.png

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I have the same tilemap being used for two of my world maps. For some reason, on the fourth world map (which is #3 in the programming), nine tiles near the bottom-right corner keep getting replaced with tile #3, while on the other, it works just fine.

Can anyone help?
What, is everyone ignoring me? Repost #5.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I am gessing that when yes and no appear it use a diferent platlet offset in vishual boy there should be a platelet viewer it will also say the offset paste the offset in ape and change it to what you want . hoped I help

School days again...
Years
I am gessing that when yes and no appear it use a diferent platlet offset in vishual boy there should be a platelet viewer it will also say the offset paste the offset in ape and change it to what you want . hoped I help

How will I know the offset in the palette viewer?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2010
Does anyone know if there's a program for Ruby/Sapphire to change the TMs that you get from Gym Leaders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back