• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☼ The Fortress of Flames ☼ (Fire type fanclub)

If Ho-oh and Reshiram got into a fight, who'd win?

• Ho-oh.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Reshiram.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • It could be either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Mmmm... Yeah, rainbow turkey does look tasty awesome interesting. I'd say Moltres is better looking only because of the flames. But I wouldn't like to have either one as a pet... Burn the house down...

As my siggy suggests, I'd prefer fiery hot wings to rainbow turkey anyday. But that's just me.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

As my siggy suggests, I'd prefer fiery hot wings to rainbow turkey anyday. But that's just me.
Mm...I like Ho-Oh because of its Sacred Fire attack. But looks/Sprites?

250.gif
VS
146.gif

I just really do not like Ho-Oh's Sprite here...trying to hustle somewhere? Mhm.

Moltres does have my favorite sprite among everyone else also. Definite winner.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
☼ Which Fire Pokemon would make the best real-world pet?

Arcanine or Growlithe can be good pets as they are very loyal. Arcanine if you prefer a big and strong pet, Growlithe if you want a small and cute one. Chimchar can also be a good pet I think. It's so cute and you can probably have a lot of fun with him.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
☼ Which Fire Pokemon would make the best real-world pet?

Arcanine or Growlithe can be good pets as they are very loyal. Arcanine if you prefer a big and strong pet, Growlithe if you want a small and cute one. Chimchar can also be a good pet I think. It's so cute and you can probably have a lot of fun with him.
You've said it, but let's not rule out Ponyta/Rapidash.

Them country gals and boys would like to do some horseback riding too! ;)

I personally would love to have a pet Fox, if it's legal, so Ninetales/Vulpix to the rescue!

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Yeah, riding a Rapidash would be great, as long as it promises not to set my, uh, *sensitive parts* on fire ^^'. That fiery mane sure seems scary now!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I say Growlithe. It is like normal dog but it's Pokémon! It's small and fiery, it's powerful and fast. What else you want from pet?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Yeah, riding a Rapidash would be great, as long as it promises not to set my, uh, *sensitive parts* on fire ^^'. That fiery mane sure seems scary now!

In the anime when Rapidash first showed in, didn't Ash had to gain its trust for him to be able to sit on its fiery back? Guess you have to make it trust you to keep your...*sensitive parts*...from getting burnt haha

I say Growlithe. It is like normal dog but it's Pokémon! It's small and fiery, it's powerful and fast. What else you want from pet?
Well if you want a very cuddly animal, I'd say Flareon is best for that!
136.png

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
In the anime when Rapidash first showed in, didn't Ash had to gain its trust for him to be able to sit on its fiery back? Guess you have to make it trust you to keep your...*sensitive parts*...from getting burnt haha

I rather catch a bus.

I don't know why, but I find both fire monkeys Chimchar and Pansear irresistably cute. So I'd definitely prefer to cuddle one of them, preferably Chimchar as the other one wouldn't hear my calls and commands.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Mm...I like Ho-Oh because of its Sacred Fire attack. But looks/Sprites?

250.gif
VS
146.gif

I just really do not like Ho-Oh's Sprite here...trying to hustle somewhere? Mhm.

Moltres does have my favorite sprite among everyone else also. Definite winner.

I love Ho-oh as it is quite nostalgic to me as it was the first ever legendary pokemon I obtained, however, I wish the sprite was more elegant as it represented in the games and anime. Like you mentioned, Ho-oh looks like its rushing somewhere, and to me, it seems as though its trying really hard to stay airborne, which for me doesn't represetn grace, elegance.

So based of this, Moltres, I do prefer in this case based on their sprites.' Not as them as Pokemon however.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Which Fire Pokemon would make the best real-world pet?
Arcanine,he looks so brave and strong, yet cuddly, and fierce and it can run with extreme speed :P
37.png

arcanine.png

Last edited:
Years
Charizard, simply because of the fact that it can fly! If you're running late for school Charizard will get you there fast as and it's also a babe magnet i mean how many other kids have a Charizard? Also if someone were to rob your house they'll turn around once they see that beast of a Pokemon

One problem is you wouldn't have much area to keep it in a standard neighbourhood house, so you may need to move up to the mountains and keep it in a cave :/

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
Name- Evanlyn
Starter- Bob the Charmander
Reason for joining- Cause fire pokemon are just awesome. I dunno, I always seem to think that fire pokemon just look better and are stronger and stuff :)

☼ Which Fire type starter is the best? Charmander all the way
☼ Which is your favourite Fire type move? I like flamethrower, it doesn't miss!

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Name- Evanlyn
Reason for joining- Cause fire pokemon are just awesome. I dunno, I always seem to think that fire pokemon just look better and are stronger and stuff :)

Welcome to the club, Evanlyn! You're the 1st one to choose a starter that hasn't reached it's final stage of evolution.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name- Evanlyn

Welcome!!

So you are a Charmander lover huh? Is there a special reason why? xD

Seemed back in the Generation 1 days that Charizard was to beast to not choose.

Evanlyn

Years
Welcome!!

So you are a Charmander lover huh? Is there a special reason why? xD

Seemed back in the Generation 1 days that Charizard was to beast to not choose.

Thanks!

Well, back in the 'old' days of Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (when I was heaps younger) I mainly thought of the 'cuteness' of the pokemon - of course, all three were rather cute.
I was never a squirtle fan really (dunno why)
Bulbasaur was my favourite for a while, but then, I gave charmander a go...
and it turned out to be just the most awesomest pokemon I could've picked!
Cause I had to train it up heaps to be able to defeat Brock, it made it so it was pretty strong early in the game, and that helped a bit later on.
So yeah, my Charmander obsession has just sort of 'stuck' ever since the beginnings of my pokemon journey. XD

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Thanks!

Well, back in the 'old' days of Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (when I was heaps younger) I mainly thought of the 'cuteness' of the pokemon - of course, all three were rather cute.
I was never a squirtle fan really (dunno why)
Bulbasaur was my favourite for a while, but then, I gave charmander a go...
and it turned out to be just the most awesomest pokemon I could've picked!
Cause I had to train it up heaps to be able to defeat Brock, it made it so it was pretty strong early in the game, and that helped a bit later on.
So yeah, my Charmander obsession has just sort of 'stuck' ever since the beginnings of my pokemon journey. XD
Nice!! I do choose Fire starters for all my Pokemon games however. But Charizard was my favorite until Blaziken came along. And now my all-time favorite starter?

Venusaur

Never thought he'd be beast in a Sunny Day team

As a fan favorite Pokemon, I am disappointed on how the Charizard family ended up for 5th Generation. I think it's joke now....

Evanlyn

Years
Nice!! I do choose Fire starters for all my Pokemon games however. But Charizard was my favorite until Blaziken came along. And now my all-time favorite starter?

Venusaur

Never thought he'd be beast in a Sunny Day team

As a fan favorite Pokemon, I am disappointed on how the Charizard family ended up for 5th Generation. I think it's joke now....

I usually pick fires for starters too.. occasionally grass... even rarer water...

Ah well I haven't gotten into the 5th generation (as of yet) - I've mainly stuck to the first 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back