• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another New Game [T]

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
What? You two just confused me.

No, no. It's like this.

There's a bomb in a building, your character is in the building, but doesn't know there is a bomb.

You, the player, knows there is a bomb. Meta-gaming is using OoC knowledge, such that the character the player controls says that there's a bomb even though the character doesn't actually know there's a bomb.

I'm saying we can use meta-gaming, because the characters know about Pokemon in their world, and know something of it, like most Starters evolve at level 16. Meta-gaming, because the characters are sucked into a Pokemon game. They have meta-gaming knowledge.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I think this needs further elaboration.

We have IC Meta-gaming, which is our characters knowing about Pokemon games and using it in the Developer's Game.

We have OOC Meta-gaming, which is us knowing things, and using it to manipulate the actions of our characters.

To put it in a more confusing way for fun:

Our characters, IC, know about the Pokemon world OOC, which they can use to meta-game when IC in the IC world, but we can't use our OOC OOC knowledge because it would be meta-gaming OOC, instead of meta-gaming IC, which is fine.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Oh LAWWWD lol, I think I get what's being said.

If I use my knowledge about Pokemon to aid Sarah that's meta-gaming.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I think this needs further elaboration.

We have IC Meta-gaming, which is our characters knowing about Pokemon games and using it in the Developer's Game.

We have OOC Meta-gaming, which is us knowing things, and using it to manipulate the actions of our characters.

To put it in a more confusing way for fun:

Our characters, IC, know about the Pokemon world OOC, which they can use to meta-game when IC in the IC world, but we can't use our OOC OOC knowledge because it would be meta-gaming OOC, instead of meta-gaming IC, which is fine.
Took me a few seconds to wrap my head around this, but yes. Exactly.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
We are so good at explaining ourselves, you guise.

I foresee no issues with group cohesion at all. :P

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
We are so good at explaining ourselves, you guise.

I foresee no issues with group cohesion at all. :P

I could somehow understand what you are trying to say, I'm just making the explanation clearer.

I'm going to school now.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Well, my reservation time is up, but nobody has claimed Mudkip yet. So, I'll make my SU now then! :3

Name: Erik Andersen

History: Erik was born and raised in Denmark, and studied in a prestigious private school in Copenhagen during his younger years. He lived with his mother, his father and his two brothers. Erik was the youngest. His family was fairly rich, though Erik was sickly. Most of his good traits and talents are overshadowed by his sickliness. As a child, Erik often had to visit the doctor, and rarely went outside. As a result, Erik spent most of his time reading, and he has few to no friends as well. It has always been Erik's dream to go outside and see the wonders it has to offer, though his parents weren't so big of his idea and decided he should just do something else inside instead. Erik was disappointed, but he never lost hope.
He has an aquarium, with many fishes. He'd use that as inspiration or motivation. Though one time, a cat went in his house through an open window, the cat ate around two to four fishes. Erik was sad, yet mad at the same time.
During his teenage days, he spent most of his time indoors. He'd usually read, paint, and to a lesser extent, play musical instruments (though he was bad at it). Erik was still sickly, so he had to visit the hospital often. And it's starting to interfere with his studies. Erik's parents were worried, so they decided he'll be homeschooled. It kinda goes like this; a teacher from the school he studied would go to Erik's house. That's where he'd do his exams, activities and all, so that he could still be graded. Finally, he was fifteen, and maybe his parents had a change of heart. He asked his parents if he could go outside.

But they rejected.
( Sorry for the short history, it's late here. Tell me if you want to add/remove/be in-depth about something. :)) )

Personality: His most notable trait is his sickliness, though he is also creative and smart, thanks to books. He may act spoiled sometimes, and would probably throw a light tantrum if things go the way he didn't expect it. Rather easily annoyed as well, and is considered an emotionless person, though he is actually very emotional. He is just good at hiding those emotions. Optimistic, and rather lonely, since he was isolated from people. Often would probably use big words, well, because he read this dictionary he has a lot of times.

Though he may be smart, he is bad at making decisions. He'd often pick the choice that will benefit him more, not thinking of the consequences. As a result, he'd often regret it at the end. Speaking of regrets, he regretted a lot of things he did in his life, thanks to this "bad at making decision" attitude. He always dreams about the things he regretted often, but he considers them nightmares.

He also has a green thumb, and would plant indoor plants. He fears that the environment would be destroyed before he even experienced it, so the least he can do is plant inside. He also has an aquarium, which he uses as inspiration.

Despite that, he has a rather large appetite when it comes to meat. He feels guilty about it sometimes.

Reading
Money
Nature
Planting
The Outdoors
Meat (it's like a guilty pleasure)

Dislikes:
Staying indoors
Being sick
Cats

Starter Pokémon: Mudkip

RP sample:
Spoiler:

( Sorry if this SU was bad overall, you see it was kind of rushed...)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
@ Lilizuki - The developer originally only wanted three players, but thought that wouldn't be very fun, so he added two wild cards for an additional two players. If he let those five people choose from the same list, it wouldn't be that interesting, so he made it so that after the first one to save Prof. Birch from the wild Pokemon picks his/her starter, that Pokeball disappears from the bag and so forth. Pretty much it >.<

@ Sarah - Alright, things seem to be good there :> Accepted I can't wait to see how Sarah will behave inside the game with all those monsters around :D

Wildcard Roulette:
Spoiler:

@ Rune Alchemist - D'aww, Ariel~ The way you described her makes me want to meet her in person ;w; She seems so...cuddly. Anyway, I liked how you RP'd Ariel there ^^ I'd love to see how her D.I.D affects her gameplay. Which, by the way, means you're accepted with Treecko!

So that leaves us with Mudkip and Torchic~ If Lilizuki wants Torchic, and since Chuuritsu's reservation has expired, she can have Torchic ^^ I'll PM Chuuritsu about his reservation. So, that leaves with only 1 more open spot. I'll make an OOC thread right away so we can officially get this party started ^^

EDIT: By the way guys, how do you feel about money in the RP? I plan to put it in to make it more game-like, but I'm afraid it would too much to handle.

Attention players!

So we don't waste too much time on the prologue, please ready a post (or several small ones) for the prologue. For a guide:

Prologue: Let's get this adventure started
Tasks needed to accomplish:
- Meet game "mom" and learn about "dad." Also, find out about Pokemon from her.
- Explore Littleroot Town. You can't travel outside town until you've met your rival. If you try, your body uncontrollably walk back. Game script >.>
- Go to neighbor's house. Meet rival.
- Go outside and see Prof. Birch, being attacked by a Pokemon. Get starter and battle Pokemon. Oh yeah, and if you try to back out from helping the Prof., you're body uncontrollably walks back to the Prof.
- After defeating, you follow the Prof. back to the Lab, where he gives you your Pokemon officially, a PokeDex and 5 Pokeballs.

You are free to do whatever you want as long as you accomplish these tasks. I want to see how your characters react to the fact that you are now in the game world. After doing so, you can proceed to Chapter 1 and really start your adventure. And don't worry~ You don't have to accomplish all of these in one bulky post. You can post several small posts. As long as you accomplish all of them before proceeding. You arrive here during different times, have different houses and moms, but eerily have the same dad. You also have different rivals. Unlike in the game, your rival is not Birch's daughter.

And about the whole "Sorry to keep you waiting," scene, your character has gone through that, but remembers it only as a dream or whatever. Long story short: time skip, yup.

Someone has already claimed Torchic. Sorry.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
You have the same name as your character, so I thought a way to differentiate between the two of you would be appropriate.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I figured that was the reason, just had to be sure. I never change the name of my rp character. (Not for Pokemon anyways) so even on the games it's Sarah or Sarah M.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Gotcha. Are all of them guilty of indecent exposure and carrying a gun? :P

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Just a little notice that I'm preparing my set/series of posts for the beginning of the roleplay. Can't wait for it to get underway. ;V;

Last edited:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Gotcha. Are all of them guilty of indecent exposure and carrying a gun? :P

Haha, just imagine.

By the way, she did all that and is just 17? Wow.

Hmm... -looks at clock-. That said, I've begun writing up my first post. I really need to refresh my memory. I've already been proven wrong in the first 15 minutes of the game.

Pokemon, ho!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Pokemon, ho!
...did you just make a Recettear reference?

I LOVE Recettear. :3

~

And I've not started on my prologue 'cause I don't know the decision regarding following the script, and we haven't been told who our rival is. *psyduck*

Back