• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
I would suggest adding the "give pokedex/ nationaldex" to the script generator or putting it into the give item section unless you think it's too minor to be made into a whole new section in which case can you tell me how to do it for the national dex right here?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I would suggest adding the "give pokedex/ nationaldex" to the script generator or putting it into the give item section unless you think it's too minor to be made into a whole new section in which case can you tell me how to do it for the national dex right here?
If Pokedex / National dex can't be selected with "give item" command, it's not recognized as an item in the game.

To make the game give you a National dex, check how the script, in which you receive the "item", works in the original rom file.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
If Pokedex / National dex can't be selected with "give item" command, it's not recognized as an item in the game.

To make the game give you a National dex, check how the script, in which you receive the "item", works in the original rom file.
Well that's another thing. I've selected PKSV as my scrpit editor in Advance- Map but everytime I try to open scrpit to see what I need to edit, it gives me the error "No ROM open!" and then it opens a blank PKSV page...
*EDIT* nvm fixed

Last edited:

Roboto-kun

is an Ace Trainer.
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2012
Help me please!

So today, I tried starting PKSV up. Then this error pops up: "Could not lo ad Scintilla.dll! Make sure you extracted PKSV-UI correctly!".

I am aware someone already posted this question, but the solution didn't seem to work for me. It used to work before, but it won't work today. Strange. So I deleted it and re-downloaded and re-extracted it, but when I opened it, it still does the same thing! I don't know what to do now... I'm supposed to release the beta version of my game one month from now, but it seems it would be delayed.

Edit: It's fixed now. ^0^

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
How do I put the scripts in A-Map? I press on the character and it just freezes my game. :I

Did you compile to the wrong offset? That could be a problem.

For me, the first time I scripted I didn't compile correctly, and a garbled text box appeared. So double check whatever you did.

So today, I tried starting PKSV up. Then this error pops up: "Could not lo ad Scintilla.dll! Make sure you extracted PKSV-UI correctly!".

I am aware someone already posted this question, but the solution didn't seem to work for me. It used to work before, but it won't work today. Strange. So I deleted it and re-downloaded and re-extracted it, but when I opened it, it still does the same thing! I don't know what to do now... I'm supposed to release the beta version of my game one month from now, but it seems it would be delayed.

Try running the AssociateShell (or whatever) file, and if all else fails, just download it again, I guess.

And wow, good luck to you, and I hope you finish your hack! Two gyms is a very long process for me...*sad*

onelifeleft

McLovin Waffles
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2014
Hello! I have a problem with PKSV and Pokemon Gold. I've set PKSV as my script editor in JohtoMap, but when I try to decompile scripts I just get an error message. See attachements for a print screen of the error. Thanks for reading and I hope to solve this soon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2021
Help Please!

Every time I try making a give pokemon script nothing happens and that goes for anything other than give item Image attached

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
Hi everybody!
I'm sorry but I'm a noob here and I don't know where to post this question:

I'm using Advancemap and pksv as script editor.
I've made so far 3 talking scripts (using script generator of pksv) on the same map, and they work perfectly.
But when I create a 4th talking script on the same map, the person with that script only says the 2nd or 3rd script.
What it's happening and how should I correct this?
Thank you so much in advance for your answer.
Best regards,
Pokemaniaco :P

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Try not to open a dead blog anymore. OK, but I think the problem is the program. You have to open it up again and restart because the program just goes over the older thing that you have made. This has happened to me to. I have to redo a whole city because of it. It says as you try to make a new script that you should try to save your work, but I didn't so now I have to redo it. Hope this helped. :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Help me put kyogre in!

Can someone tell me step by step how to put Kyogre in my game? I'm remaking fire red right now and i want to put Kyogre in a mountain, I found a sprite for him now i just need to know how to make it a battle with him at lvl 40 when you hit a on it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2012
i have a question i just made a Pokemon trainer script and i don't know how to check the offset. If any one can help i will give them a cookie.

Trainer771

In your basic tutorial, you say to go to 'Settings' in Advance Map, and choose the script porgram from there. Well, I don't know what version of Advance Map you used, but my version doesn't have that button! Is there any other way to do it that you know of?

Years
I have one complaint the play game function doesn't seem to work which makes testing a bit of a pain

What "play game" function are you talking about ?

If you meant "VBA-Link" it isn't PGE, you need to set it up, and if you don't know how to do that, ANY search engine can become your friend ;-)

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
does anyone have the real version of this tool? when i use this and make simple edits the npcs just break. its really getting annoying now.

Beebeeson

A wild Beebeeson appeared!
Years
I got this working on Linux using Wine, just opened the .BAT file in Wine before starting the program and it all seems to be functioning as normal. I originally tried using Poketext because I'm changing NPC speech but none of the text was showing properly, so this has helped an awful lot :3

Oh, also, I just wanna say this works really nicely with Advancemap, selected as the script editor, you don't even need to copy-paste the offset from Advancemap.

Anyone else who is using Linux and is having trouble installing it with Wine, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
All right now Im kinda sad.. I read that this tool will no Longer be worked on=( How sad is that. Well I guess my first question is Will anyone take it over and keep up with updating it? or will this tool become frozen in time=(? I Honestly think this tool has Potential to be the best scripting editor for pokemon gb and gba games? the script generator is one of the most fasinating things I have seen and know hands down their are others out there who think the same.. I know others love XSE but to be Honest XSE is not really beginner friendly, as so This tool really is and I know it shouldnt be easy but why not make it less stressful and more productive. XSE could be the best if it had a script generator and the free space finder already build in just like PKSV with the #dyn 0x740000 command.... And ONE more thing why is it when I hit the only download link that I can see do I only get the PKSV-UI and not the pksv.exe file??? can anyone answer that for me please?

Kiato

The Original Fairy
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2012
All right now Im kinda sad.. I read that this tool will no Longer be worked on=( How sad is that. Well I guess my first question is Will anyone take it over and keep up with updating it? or will this tool become frozen in time=(? I Honestly think this tool has Potential to be the best scripting editor for pokemon gb and gba games? the script generator is one of the most fasinating things I have seen and know hands down their are others out there who think the same.. I know others love XSE but to be Honest XSE is not really beginner friendly, as so This tool really is and I know it shouldnt be easy but why not make it less stressful and more productive. XSE could be the best if it had a script generator and the free space finder already build in just like PKSV with the #dyn 0x740000 command.... And ONE more thing why is it when I hit the only download link that I can see do I only get the PKSV-UI and not the pksv.exe file??? can anyone answer that for me please?

in place of pksv.exe, run the AssociateShell.bat file. make sure to run as administrator if you're on windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back