• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Headset/Headphones?

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I'm looking to buy a pair of good quality gaming headphones right now for my computer. I checked out ebay for a second, but there were so many results for many different kinds of headphones. I was wondering if anyone here knew of a good, not too expensive brand/type of headset. I guess the main things I'm looking for are good sound quality (obviously), good mic so people can here me clearly, and durability. So...yeah. Any suggestions?

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Astro A40. I suspect there are better headsets that come cheaper, and these might be out of your price range anyway (if so, see the A30 model perhaps), but I've taken to using them and I don't regret my purchase... yet — their long-term durability remains in question. Their construction seems better than in the generic design I usually observe, at least. Best sound quality I've had, but I've never used any other high-end phones. I'm not sure how the mic compares. Still, as the first and most obvious recommendation sent your way, I hope this helps.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I heard the A40 is spectacular, but I personally use the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 and they've been some of the better 'value' headphones I've ever owned.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Thanks for the suggestions. I've looked at them, but so far I haven't found on in my price range, which is $40-$60. I could go a little higher, but I prefer to stay in this range. I guess I should of included in the first post, but oh well.

Zet

Years
Thanks for the suggestions. I've looked at them, but so far I haven't found on in my price range, which is $40-$60. I could go a little higher, but I prefer to stay in this range. I guess I should of included in the first post, but oh well.
Well if you live in the US, I recommend this: headphones with this mic.
The headphones will make your ears feel warm after long hours of using them, but still sound amazing.

I used to use that setup and was perfectly content with it, but now I've moved on to the higher range priced stuff(DT880 with a mic from modmic)

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
Years
A friend of mine recommended turtle beaches. I don't know how much you're willing to spend but, if you're looking to buy something good and that would last long .. definitely look into the higher quality range.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Thanks so much you guys! You've been very helpful. I think I found the pair that I'm going to get. Again thanks a lot for your help :)

Back