• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I'm having this uncontrollable urge to see Ash capturing an Aegislash ever since I saw this-

tumblr_mzqj364ugv1r1alb2o3_1280.jpg

Man , Pokespe sure know how to make any Pokemon Badass & Awesome ! And they doesn't use the MC as a sacrificial tool for that.
May be , Ash can visit a palace and accidentally awaken an Aegislash who start following Ash due to his leadership skill Or him reassembling its former King.
Plus , Ash can have both Steel and Ghost type in one shot if he capture an Aegislash . Plus he doesn't own any Form changing Pokemon ether .
But Does Aegislash has any potential to be An Anime Mascot and selling billion of Toys & Merchandise ????

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
I'm having this uncontrollable urge to see Ash capturing an Aegislash ever since I saw this-

tumblr_mzqj364ugv1r1alb2o3_1280.jpg

Man , Pokespe sure know how to make any Pokemon Badass & Awesome ! And they doesn't use the MC as a sacrificial tool for that.
May be , Ash can visit a palace and accidentally awaken an Aegislash who start following Ash due to his leadership skill Or him reassembling its former King.
Plus , Ash can have both Steel and Ghost type in one shot if he capture an Aegislash . Plus he doesn't own any Form changing Pokemon ether .
But Does Aegislash has any potential to be An Anime Mascot and selling billion of Toys & Merchandise ????

According to my friend how watches the XY in Japan she has told me compared to other series the mascot vibe has kinda been dropped this time and went back to it's early form. Not sure if this is due to the director being new or not. But I mean OS and AG had like no mascots compared to let's say and BW. At least the way I look at it did not. In DP we had Piplup in our face and BW had Axew,Oshawott and Emolga. Really I hope XY stays away from being a show only for selling toys or at least is not all up in your face about about it like DP and BW (Well DP wasn't even bad as much as BW) A lot say the cute factors sells toys but really Ash evolved a good chunk of his team in DP and would rather they give him Pokemon that fit for the sake of the region/show over selling toys myself. Granted the anime is to advertise the games but isn't that what any anime does? Yugioh advertise the cards and really shonen jump shows advertise the manga. OMG! Everything we love is one big commercial!

Off topic is Shauna evil in that pic?

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Considering how Ash was treated like crap in Unova League for the sake of advertising ''Lucario'' (Megevolution Promotion) and Eevee (Sylveon Promotion) , I believe me & all Ash-fan has all the right to demand the Director/writer to give Ash a Lucario & Sylveon (Or any other Eeveelution )

Railgun

Years
Considering how Ash was treated like crap in Unova League for the sake of advertising ''Lucario'' (Megevolution Promotion) and Eevee (Sylveon Promotion) , I believe me & all Ash-fan has all the right to demand the Director/writer to give Ash a Lucario & Sylveon (Or any other Eeveelution )

Was it really good adverting? Lucario never even went Mega. Granted Cameron should of used a Zoarark and wish Riley gave Ashh a Riolu egg in DP so we could of had a Lucario vs Zoroark fight which would of been amazing. I did thing Virgil's Eevee would evolve to Sylveon in the league and when it did not happen I got pretty sad. Really the league would of been so much more fun if Ash beat Cameron and faced Virgil's Sylveon and got like second place. :( But seeing Ash with Sylveon would be pretty nice. Shocked he doesn't have a single Eeveelution after all this time

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Ash should defiantly catch a ghost & Psychic type !
He lost he chance of having a Psychic type when Froakie become his sole starter and there are 2 Grass/Ghost Pokemon that gives Ash a chance for having his first ghost .
Bottom line is , Ash currently has 4 spot left in his roster and he yet to catch 4 type of Pokemon So those 4 empty spot should go to 4 type of Pokemon he haven't caught .
Which are Ghost , Steel , Psychic , Fairy !!!

Was it really good adverting? Lucario never even went Mega. Granted Cameron should of used a Zoarark and wish Riley gave Ashh a Riolu egg in DP so we could of had a Lucario vs Zoroark fight which would of been amazing. I did thing Virgil's Eevee would evolve to Sylveon in the league and when it did not happen I got pretty sad. Really the league would of been so much more fun if Ash beat Cameron and faced Virgil's Sylveon and got like second place. :( But seeing Ash with Sylveon would be pretty nice. Shocked he doesn't have a single Eeveelution after all this time

It because it was a Bad Advertising Where Ash was a '''Sacrificial Goat'' , I believe Ash-fan has a right to demand Lucario & A Eeveelution for Ash .

Last edited:

Railgun

Years
Ash should defiantly catch a ghost & Psychic type !
He lost he chance of having a Psychic type when Froakie become his sole starter and there are 2 Grass/Ghost Pokemon that gives Ash a chance for having his first ghost .
Bottom line is , Ash currently has 4 spot left in his roster and he yet to catch 4 type of Pokemon So those 4 empty spot should go to 4 type of Pokemon he haven't caught .
Which are Ghost , Steel , Psychic , Fairy !!!

It because it was a Bad Advertising Where Ash was a '''Sacrificial Goat'' , I believe Ash-fan has a right to demand Lucario & A Eeveelution for Ash .

If we only get one I'd like Lucario since it has been teased for him since movie 8 lol

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I don't feel like that was very good advertising lol. And I mean, it didn't quite seem like a failed attempt at the time- I don't think we knew about Megas or Sylveon yet. So we were all just like "oh, popular Pokémon, okay." What was actually a failed advert was Charizard showing up for a while and then just leaving. Like what was the point even. He barely mattered in the overall outcome of anything and honestly could have been replaced with one of Ash's underdeveloped Unova members for everything but the Charizard-specific episode. Which needn't have happened.

I don't know if I'd like Ash to have a Lucario. On one hand, there's the Korrina storyline and Ash's near-forgotten business with Aura and the potential Mega. On the other- Lucario's a Pokémon that's featured in a movie and multiple episodes, Aura hasn't been touched on for a long time, and Ash has Charizard (who he shares a complex and strong bond with already). Who knows man.

Railgun

Years
I don't feel like that was very good advertising lol. And I mean, it didn't quite seem like a failed attempt at the time- I don't think we knew about Megas or Sylveon yet. So we were all just like "oh, popular Pokémon, okay." What was actually a failed advert was Charizard showing up for a while and then just leaving. Like what was the point even. He barely mattered in the overall outcome of anything and honestly could have been replaced with one of Ash's underdeveloped Unova members for everything but the Charizard-specific episode. Which needn't have happened.

I don't know if I'd like Ash to have a Lucario. On one hand, there's the Korrina storyline and Ash's near-forgotten business with Aura and the potential Mega. On the other- Lucario's a Pokémon that's featured in a movie and multiple episodes, Aura hasn't been touched on for a long time, and Ash has Charizard (who he shares a complex and strong bond with already). Who knows man.

Really I would of rather he brought back Gible or Glalie and not Charizard. While I was fine with him ditching Torkoal for BF I felt Glaie should of stayed a bit longer

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The Mega Evolution seems to be handled by Clemont's father who apparently is a reoccuring figure right now, so I don't think we'll see Ash with any Megas.

Sylveon got her silver screening in the anime so I can't see Ash getting an Eevee just for Sylveon now.

He missed his chance at getting Pancham as he did meet some. I don't see him getting Pumpkaboo since Jessie owns one. The Fairy type cute Mascot has kinda been taken by Dedenne. So I can't expect them to add more Fairy types into the party roster. If another Fairy is caught I'm half expecting it to be Flabebe, Swilrix or Spritzee and caught by Serena.

Skiddo is possible in my opinion, though I can't see it evolving since Alexa is a reoccurring character and it may cause character conflict.

Espurr's episode is coming up and I think that unless Serena catches it, its either going to go to TR or left alone.

I would like to see Ash with a Panthump to rival Jessie's Pumpkaboo, though since its a Trade by evolution Pokemon I can't see Ash getting Trevanent...I don't see Froakie evolving either. Ash passed up the Regional bug this go round which was a huge surprise to me. I kinda want to see Ash catch a Furfrou, since its debute episode it was owned, though I don't see him getting one to trim. I'd also like to see him with Bergmite.

With those possibles, his team hits 6 and only other Pokemon I can see him getting are Clauncher (He has two other crustaceans already) or Binacle, he could use that kinda powerhouse.

I kinda don't see many of his evolving much outside of Fletchling.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
When Iris got a free Dragonite in BW , I got so angry that I demand that Ash should get Free fully evolved Psuedo Legendary of Kalo .
However I changed my mind after seeing Goodra because I HATE SLIME & SLIMY THING !!!
However , Ash always catch a Bipedal lizard Dinosaur-like Pokemon !!!
Like Charmender , Totodile , Gible etc !!!
And there are 2 Pokemon like that-
Spoiler:

I wonder if Ash going to break that pattern alone with Grass starter Pattern !!!

The Mega Evolution seems to be handled by Clemont's father who apparently is a reoccuring figure right now, so I don't think we'll see Ash with any Megas.
I kinda don't see many of his evolving much outside of Fletchling.

If this happen then it would mean that XY series didn't improve the Anime at all , It still following that trash BW root just for some Minority.
Kids here doesn't watch Pokemon to see some Middle-age guy playing Superhero with a Megamon , They are more interested in seeing The MC with a Megamon !!!
So Only an idiot of a Director/Writer will pass the chance to give Ash a Megamon .
Also Froakie is the less popular kalo starter while Greninja is the most Popular Kalo stater So its the right choice to evolve the frog rather then making An oshawott out of him .
PS : I'm not being offensive Toward You , I simply expressing my opinion!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
When Iris got a free Dragonite in BW , I got so angry that I demand that Ash should get Free fully evolved Psuedo Legendary of Kalo .
However I changed my mind after seeing Goodra because I HATE SLIME & SLIMY THING !!!
However , Ash always catch a Bipedal lizard Dinosaur-like Pokemon !!!
Like Charmender , Totodile , Gible etc !!!
And there are 2 Pokemon like that-
Spoiler:

I wonder if Ash going to break that pattern alone with Grass starter Pattern !!!

If this happen then it would mean that XY series didn't improve the Anime at all , It still following that trash BW root just for some Minority.
Kids here doesn't watch Pokemon to see some Middle-age guy playing Superhero with a Megamon , They are more interested in seeing The MC with a Megamon !!!
So Only an idiot of a Director/Writer will pass the chance to give Ash a Megamon .
Also Froakie is the less popular kalo starter while Greninja is the most Popular Kalo stater So its the right choice to evolve the frog rather then making An oshawott out of him .
PS : I'm not being offensive Toward You , I simply expressing my opinion!!!

I completely disagree with everything you are trying to say here. You can't honestly speak for kids you don't know. The marketing for Mega was the main thing for the Pokemon Origin in which the main character got it at the end, but the Mega Evolution is an extremely powerful tool in the anime, a little too powerful for Ash to get IMO. The middle aged man playing superhero as a child would is a reoccurring feature in some animes to show that even adults still have childish dreams.

I don't see Froakie evolve because of its general attitude. Its going to have a battle against its evolution and when these episodes tend to happen it always keeps the non-evolved one from evolving for wanting to prove that they can do just as well without evolving.

Squirtle vs Wartortle and Pikachu vs Raichu in Kanto, Meowth in boots vs Persian in Hoenn, Piplup in Sinnoh, Both Oshawott and Snivy in Unova. I can't really say I recall many pokemon facing off against their evolutions and then evolving later down the line. Froakie staying Froakie won't do anything to change how Froakie is or how Ash would use him.

There also was nothing wrong with B/W. It was as good as all the other seasons. XY will be the same regardless of what they plan to do. I don't see Ash getting any of his older Pokemon back in XY at all so Charizard most likely won't be making an appearance to Mega, leaving him with only those in Kalos. He's not going to get a Lucario due to the Aura relationship and Ash previously turning it down. Right now there's no say that Team Flare is making an appearance so I don't think that XY is going to follow the game's flow either just like Unova didn't follow the game's flow.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I completely disagree with everything you are trying to say here. You can't honestly speak for kids you don't know. The marketing for Mega was the main thing for the Pokemon Origin in which the main character got it at the end, but the Mega Evolution is an extremely powerful tool in the anime, a little too powerful for Ash to get IMO. The middle aged man playing superhero as a child would is a reoccurring feature in some animes to show that even adults still have childish dreams.

I don't see Froakie evolve because of its general attitude. Its going to have a battle against its evolution and when these episodes tend to happen it always keeps the non-evolved one from evolving for wanting to prove that they can do just as well without evolving.

Squirtle vs Wartortle and Pikachu vs Raichu in Kanto, Meowth in boots vs Persian in Hoenn, Piplup in Sinnoh, Both Oshawott and Snivy in Unova. I can't really say I recall many pokemon facing off against their evolutions and then evolving later down the line. Froakie staying Froakie won't do anything to change how Froakie is or how Ash would use him.

There also was nothing wrong with B/W. It was as good as all the other seasons. XY will be the same regardless of what they plan to do. I don't see Ash getting any of his older Pokemon back in XY at all so Charizard most likely won't be making an appearance to Mega, leaving him with only those in Kalos. He's not going to get a Lucario due to the Aura relationship and Ash previously turning it down. Right now there's no say that Team Flare is making an appearance so I don't think that XY is going to follow the game's flow either just like Unova didn't follow the game's flow.

Actually I do , I test my theory with Kids first before shouting about it !
And Megevolution is not that overpowered in Anime considering a nobody like Clemont's father process it .
He's probably is member of ''Tower of Mastery'' where people goes to master Megevolution.
And Pokemon is a KIDS SHOW , Not Adult show ! Kids has no interest in seeing some middle-man's childish dream. There already too many adult pretending to be a super hero.
When a Kid watch a show , Their main focus will always be toward the Central Protagonist , not other character! Its the older fan like Us who cries for other character .
Thats Why Original Kento Series was popular even though Writer/Director didn't do a thing for Brock & Misty because Kids that time was focusing on Ash !!!
Megevolution is main attention of this Gen ! Ignoring it because some idiot writer/Director think its too overpowered is stupidity.
Pokemon is an Anime , Not a ''Reality Show'' where the writer/Director would think ''wooooo , Megevolution is too Dangerous for a kid like Ash and we can't have a little kids wielding such power''!
Pokemon is An Anime that suppose to do business , Its not suppose to gave people life-lesson !!!

There will be trainer with Megevolution in Movie (Corocoro ) and Plus Korrina process power of megevolution .
So , It completely possible to Ash & his rivals to perform megevolution unless writer/Director are a complete idiot .
Also ,You forgot that Treeko battled Grovyle and Gligar battled Gilscor !!!
Not to mention Froakie attitude is more like Treeko ! And Treeko fully evolved into sceptile.
And Everything was wrong with BW !
If You create a pole now then BW series will get the lowest vote ! It pissed majority & please bunch of minority .
You know , Some people complain about how Ash hogged all the spotlight in DP series while Poor Dawn & Brock didn't got any spotlight !!!
Its like Dawn didn't won any Wallace cup or she didn't won any contest riddon Or she didn't took the second place in Grand-Festival ! It like there wasn't any episode that showcased Brock's potential as Doctor .
Its like they didn't watch the DP Series .
So to me , Those guys are same as those who think there wasn't any problem in BW !
PS : I'm not being offensive toward you ! Its all my opinion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Actually I do , I test my theory with Kids first before shouting about it !
And Megevolution is not that overpowered in Anime considering a nobody like Clemont's father process it .
He's probably is member of ''Tower of Mastery'' where people goes to master Megevolution.
And Pokemon is a KIDS SHOW , Not Adult show ! Kids has no interest in seeing some middle-man's childish dream. There already too many adult pretending to be a super hero.
When a Kid watch a show , Their main focus will always be toward the Central Protagonist , not other character! Its the older fan like Us who cries for other character .
Thats Why Original Kento Series was popular even though Writer/Director didn't do a thing for Brock & Misty because Kids that time was focusing on Ash !!!
Megevolution is main attention of this Gen ! Ignoring it because some idiot writer/Director think its too overpowered is stupidity.
Pokemon is an Anime , Not a ''Reality Show'' where the writer/Director would think ''wooooo , Megevolution is too Dangerous for a kid like Ash and we can't have a little kids wielding such power''!
Pokemon is An Anime that suppose to do business , Its not suppose to gave people life-lesson !!!

There will be trainer with Megevolution in Movie (Corocoro ) and Plus Korrina process power of megevolution .
So , It completely possible to Ash & his rivals to perform megevolution unless writer/Director are a complete idiot .
Also ,You forgot that Treeko battled Grovyle and Gligar battled Gilscor !!!
Not to mention Froakie attitude is more like Treeko ! And Treeko fully evolved into sceptile.
And Everything was wrong with BW !
If You create a pole now then BW series will get the lowest vote ! It pissed majority & please bunch of minority .
You know , Some people complain about how Ash hogged all the spotlight in DP series while Poor Dawn & Brock didn't got any spotlight !!!
Its like Dawn didn't won any Wallace cup or she didn't won any contest riddon Or she didn't took the second place in Grand-Festival ! It like there wasn't any episode that showcased Brock's potential as Doctor .
Its like they didn't watch the DP Series .
So to me , Those guys are same as those who think there wasn't any problem in BW !
PS : I'm not being offensive toward you ! Its all my opinion.

Again you cannot speak for everyone. Kids in my area hate the idea of Ash having a Mega Evolution. They are apparently overpowered as they kept it to side character so far even after introducing it.

Froakie isn't like Treecko. Froakie is more like Bulbasaur attitude wise, even had the same stubborn streak until accepted Ash and allowed Ash to own him.

Pokemon is an Anime where the directors will do what ever they want. Its directed at kids, and yes DOES have life lessons in it. A lot of Kanto has life lessons in it. Episodes were canceled because of questionable events and were replaced with life lessons. The entire premise of Pokemon is a Life lesson to strive for your dreams no matter what difficulties you face.

Korrina may not be related to Mega Evolution in the anime, keep that in mind. The Anime has completely changed game info before and can easily do so again. Movie content is something existing in a completely different universe and cannot be used in with the main streamed Anime, so just because there will be a main character for a movie that uses Mega Evolutions that doesn't mean jack squat in allowing more Mega Evolutions in the anime.

So far Clemonts dad own 2 Pokemon capable of Mega Evolving. Kinda a pretty good assumption that he's going to be the main Mega guy. So far his entire schtick is to protect the region from evil. He's an adult which is playing a childish role of hero which IS appealing to children. Its a common Anime occurrence. If it were not popular it wouldn't be reoccuring, even when mocked as a joke. Its not just teen and adult anime, over all idea of it, spiderman, superman, batman, the flash, comic book heroes, masked heroes. These appeal to children.

And lets not turn this into a generation war, but you are only stating your personal opinions. Do not pass any of that off as facts because its not. The fan base around me has D/P as the worse of everything, horrible rival, bad companion choices, poor Pokemon, retired story. To a large amount of the the local fanbase D/P was something they wish never existed. That is their opinions.

All the anime was the same, all use the same tired character, same tired ideal for a story. They can't get rid of either without getting rid of the anime.

I disagree with your ideas and opinions. I'm entitled to do so because I don't share your opinion on the anime.

I'd like for Ash to not to have a Mega Evolution. Why? Because if he has to face off against someone with it, he could be given some huge character development by beating the power that exceeds evolution. Its not a likely thing though, same as Ash developing his Aura powers. Same as Ash catching a legendary Pokemon, its not going to happen because it puts too much focus on him in a way that differentiates him too much.

I simply do not agree with what you say and there really isn't anything you can present to me to change my mind since this entire thread is opinion based. You either agree or you don't.

Also. if the anime didn't put focus on the side characters then there wouldn't be any point to traveling companions or main villans. Its not all about Ash, its about his travels and the people he meets as well as the lessons he learns.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Again you cannot speak for everyone. Kids in my area hate the idea of Ash having a Mega Evolution. They are apparently overpowered as they kept it to side character so far even after introducing it.

Ya ,Next time you tell me that Kids hate to see the villain losing and I'm going to abmit it ! Atleast say something believable.
Because there are still a lot of Kids who want Ash to have a legendary Pokemon and doesn't understand the meaning of ''Overpowering'' .

Froakie isn't like Treecko. Froakie is more like Bulbasaur attitude wise, even had the same stubborn streak until accepted Ash and allowed Ash to own him.
Froakie nothing like Bulbasaur !! Bulbasaur didn't chose to follow Ash , he was given to Ash by a girl who treat sick wild Pokemon . Furthermore , Bulbasaur took he's time to fully accept & Trust Ash as he seem convince that Ash & gang abandon them in the ''Giant Pokemon Island !

Pokemon is an Anime where the directors will do what ever they want. Its directed at kids, and yes DOES have life lessons in it. A lot of Kanto has life lessons in it. Episodes were canceled because of questionable events and were replaced with life lessons. The entire premise of Pokemon is a Life lesson to strive for your dreams no matter what difficulties you face.
Please , Some episode didn't got cancel because of the lack of life lesson ! If You make episode with James having Boobs then off course it will get canceled !!!
Plus , The BW series taught that Experience & Hard Work has no meaning ! Loser like Ash can't achieve his Dream , Only People with born with Talent & Luck can get anything without any hardwork & experience !
Pokemon is an entertainment anime , not a educational anime ! Kids watch this for fun , not to learn anything .

Korrina may not be related to Mega Evolution in the anime, keep that in mind. The Anime has completely changed game info before and can easily do so again. Movie content is something existing in a completely different universe and cannot be used in with the main streamed Anime, so just because there will be a main character for a movie that uses Mega Evolutions that doesn't mean jack squat in allowing more Mega Evolutions in the anime.
Anime might not follow the Game properly but they deosn't dare change something important about a Game character !
Korrina & her Grandfather play important role in Megevolution So The Anime doesn't have the gut to take their part and gave it an Anime exclusive character like Clemont's father.
Korrian role with Megevolution is just big for the Anime to change it !!! The Anime isn't allowed to change something that important like making Viola & Alexa unrelated by Blood .

So far Clemonts dad own 2 Pokemon capable of Mega Evolving. Kinda a pretty good assumption that he's going to be the main Mega guy. So far his entire schtick is to protect the region from evil. He's an adult which is playing a childish role of hero which IS appealing to children. Its a common Anime occurrence. If it were not popular it wouldn't be reoccuring, even when mocked as a joke. Its not just teen and adult anime, over all idea of it, spiderman, superman, batman, the flash, comic book heroes, masked heroes. These appeal to children.
Just Because Clemont father has 2 pokemon capable of megevolving does not mean that he will hogged all the megevolution !!!
Just like I say , Pokemon is a Kids anime and Kids rather prefer to see the Main character with megevolution then some middle-aged man !!! Its Commonsense .
Megevolution is the main attraction of this gen , And Audience will be more focus on seeing the main character with Megevolution because that how an Anime Work's !
Plus , A Middle-age man playing superhero is not appealing for Kids ! They would rather prefer a Younger-man masked himself to help Ash against Team flare because Ash has something that can foil their plan .
If I know correctly , Most of Superhero cartoon aren't even suitable for Kids.
Ya , Kids loves a Hero but only when a Main character plays them .

And lets not turn this into a generation war, but you are only stating your personal opinions. Do not pass any of that off as facts because its not. The fan base around me has D/P as the worse of everything, horrible rival, bad companion choices, poor Pokemon, retired story. To a large amount of the the local fanbase D/P was something they wish never existed. That is their opinions.
So basically rivals like Paul , Berry and nando are the worst while trash like Trip , cameron is awesome .
How you argue with someone who keep on saying The Sun rise form North !!!

I'd like for Ash to not to have a Mega Evolution. Why? Because if he has to face off against someone with it, he could be given some huge character development by beating the power that exceeds evolution. Its not a likely thing though, same as Ash developing his Aura powers. Same as Ash catching a legendary Pokemon, its not going to happen because it puts too much focus on him in a way that differentiates him too much.
Legendary Pokemon are natural thing so using them feel like Hax .
But Megevolution is Power born from the relationship between Trainer & Pokemon !! Prof sycamore say that himself in anime !!!
Ash wouldn't be haxed if he get a megmon !
And its not overpowered ! Specially if there other people who also master it .
Instate Writer can create new rival who also process the power of megevolution themself therefore evening the playing field .
Iris getting a free Dragonite could be considered Overpowering Her ! But Writer/Director did it anyway .
And since You believe there nothing wrong with BW series then that would mean that you believe there nothing wrong with Iris getting a free fully evolved Psuedo Legendary.
Megevolution is mainly a technique for Trainer & Pokemon to develop !
It time for Ash to step into a new development rather then remain in the same stage he was since Orange League.

Also. if the anime didn't put focus on the side characters then there wouldn't be any point to traveling companions or main villans. Its not all about Ash, its about his travels and the people he meets as well as the lessons he learns.
That doesn't mean they have to get the same treatment Ash Gets ! Its stupidity to demand the protagonist to be treated like everyone else !
Because The Anime Protagonist has to be special even if he start as an Underdog like Naruto ! That how an anime work .
Specially simple Kids Anime ! Seine anime & drama show may be different but Pokemon isn't ether one of them .
We already seen what happen when writer/director tried to put too much attention on Side-character during BW series ! Original Kento series did 10 time better then the trash BW series despite no putting much attention on side-character at all .

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ya ,Next time you tell me that Kids hate to see the villain losing and I'm going to abmit it ! Atleast say something believable.
I'd love for you or someone to tell me how that is not believable. Nothing you say is believable either if you want to enter this route because all you do is throw your opinion around like its a fact of life. Kids do not like the same thing everywhere in the world. I find it incredibly hard to believe any of your claim that you make and I'm pretty sure you make half of your statistics up on the spot to please your own views. Mega Evolution already is a love/hate thing. You either love it or you hate it. Its in the fandom too. There are barely that many people that are in between with it. Kids tend to be more extreme with these kind of scenarios.

Its harder to believe your story about why Ash should have Megas than it is to believe in known psychological status of kids.

Froakie nothing like Bulbasaur !! Bulbasaur didn't chose to follow Ash , he was given to Ash by a girl who treat sick wild Pokemon . Furthermore , Bulbasaur took he's time to fully accept & Trust Ash as he seem convince that Ash & gang abandon them in the ''Giant Pokemon Island !

You must not have seen that episode then. The entire episode Bulbasaur was antagonistic to Ash due to his abandonment issues. After watching Ash battle for the sake of the Pokemon against Team Rocket, it accepted Ash and at the end of the episode, battled Ash because it wanted to join his team. Froakie was antagonistic to every trainer who has ever owned it. It did not listen to any orders it was given. It assisted Ash on a whim and after Ash saved its life and after watching how much Ash cared for Pokemon it decided to join Ash because it felt he'd be different. They had a rough start with Froakie not listening but right now Froakie is on board with Ash's orders.

Both joined because they grew to respect Ash for saving them, both had to be won over by Ash's resolve. Both remained antagonistic until Ash proved his worth until which neither responded positively to Ash's orders. While Bulbasaur's was before ownership and Froakie's was after, they have a similar set up.

Please , Some episode didn't got cancel because of the lack of life lesson ! If You make episode with James having Boobs then off course it will get canceled !!!
Plus , The BW series taught that Experience & Hard Work has no meaning ! Loser like Ash can't achieve his Dream , Only People with born with Talent & Luck can get anything without any hardwork & experience !
Pokemon is an entertainment anime , not a educational anime ! Kids watch this for fun , not to learn anything .

Please show me WHERE I said one was canceled because of life lessons. WHERE? Please stop deluding yourself in your own selfish fantasy world where only your opinion matters. I said they had QUESTIONABLE MERIT episodes canceled and replaced by some with better moral standings. THERE IS ALWAYS A LIFE LESSON in Pokemon. Its for kids, that by itself means that it teaches some lessons. No they don't watch it to learn something. They never incorperate life lessons in the stories and expect them to watch it for those reasons. Its called subliminal messaging. It exists in all children's cartoons. Kids don't watch Team Umi Zoomi because they want to learn, they watch it because they enjoy it. It teaches them basics. Same with Barney, Dora the explora, Go Diego Go, Power Rangers...and yes Power Rangers is Life Lesson HEAVY, they used to have recaps of lessons learned. Futurama does it a few times just to make fun of the subliminal messaging by adding in stupid recaps. Family Guy did it with its Christmas Special. They appear all the time, young or old, and in child, teen or adult shows. The main one is always, through team work, perseverance, and dedication you can overcome your obstacles and achieve your goal.

Natural Talent vs Hard Work: I guess Ash never beat Gary. I guess Ash never beat Paul. I guess Ash didn't KO Darkrai who was completely dominating the tournament by itself. I guess Ash never really worked that hard to achieve any of his titles. I guess Ash didn't win the Battle Frontier or Orange Island. All of his hard earned winnings mean nothing apparently. The constant reiteration of team work and friendship apparently isn't something the TV series is teaching kids. Are you serious? I can't take you seriously. You seem to not know anything your talking about.

[/B]Anime might not follow the Game properly but they deosn't dare change something important about a Game character !
Korrina & her Grandfather play important role in Megevolution So The Anime doesn't have the gut to take their part and gave it an Anime exclusive character like Clemont's father.
Korrian role with Megevolution is just big for the Anime to change it !!! The Anime isn't allowed to change something that important like making Viola & Alexa unrelated by Blood .

Not dare change something important. I guess Iris was a Gym Leader in B/W series then...oh wait, no she wasn't. She wasn't the Champion either. Bianca wasn't Professor Juniper's assistant either and apparently Cheren didn't start at the same time as Bianca despite them being childhood friend.

Brock didn't have a career shift in the games. Misty didn't leave the gym for her sisters to run. They make drastic changes to core characters all the time.

Just Because Clemont father has 2 pokemon capable of megevolving does not mean that he will hogged all the megevolution !!!
Just like I say , Pokemon is a Kids anime and Kids rather prefer to see the Main character with megevolution then some middle-aged man !!! Its Commonsense .
Megevolution is the main attraction of this gen , And Audience will be more focus on seeing the main character with Megevolution because that how an Anime Work's !
Plus , A Middle-age man playing superhero is not appealing for Kids ! They would rather prefer a Younger-man masked himself to help Ash against Team flare because Ash has something that can foil their plan .
If I know correctly , Most of Superhero cartoon aren't even suitable for Kids.
Ya , Kids loves a Hero but only when a Main character plays them .

Again, no. Kids don't want what you seem to think they want. You don't speak for them so stop bringing it up. Its your opinion not a fact. They have heroes that play side roles, the kids love them just the same.

So basically rivals like Paul , Berry and nando are the worst while trash like Trip , cameron is awesome .
How you argue with someone who keep on saying The Sun rise form North !!!

Speaking personally, Paul was a crap trainer. He abused his Pokemon, didn't care for anything but winning, and had the attitude of a rabid dog. As a character he was horribly done and only made to focus that love and care were the proper ways to raise Pokemon (Oh look life lesson). Where Paul failed, Ash succeeded and made Chimchar into something worth using.

Berry, was spastic and erratic. He is not a character people could relate to. Bianca who has a similar personality was easier to relate to because she wasn't as tempermental or as hyperactive. Even the little guy they had to rival Dawn was better than Barry. I wouldn't even count Nando as a rival. That's like saying Casey was a rival of Ash in Johto. Nando was a reoccuring character, but he didn't have that rival feel. He was just doing what ever he wanted just because he could (A fact that pissed of Zoey more than anyone else.)

Legendary Pokemon are natural thing so using them feel like Hax .
But Megevolution is Power born from the relationship between Trainer & Pokemon !! Prof sycamore say that himself in anime !!!
Ash wouldn't be haxed if he get a megmon !
And its not overpower ! Specially if there other people who also master it .
Instate Writer can create new rival who also process the power of megevolution themself therefore evening the playing field .

Its an unnatural power that gives them a super boost. How is that LESS Hax than a Naturally occurring phenomon? You seem to not know the meaning of hacked/hax. Ash has also beaten various legendary Pokemon in combat which was done for the sole purpose of giving him growth with his Pokemon.

Yes it IS Overpowered. Its an unnatural power that boosts the power of the Pokemon to near legendary levels. Its unmeasurable in the anime compared to the games, as shown Mega Blaziken jumped up half of the Prism Tower to save ash and landed without any damage. He had to change to Mega form to do so because it couldn't do it in its normal form. Mega Evolution stands to be a power, much like Ash's Aura ability, that would separate him too much and make him not mesh well with the viewers. Its basic marketing strategy.

That doesn't mean they have to get the same treatment Ash Gets ! Its stupidity to demand the protagonist to be treated like everyone else !
Because The Anime Protagonist has to be special even if he start as an Underdog like Naruto ! That how an anime work .
Special simple Kids Anime ! Seine anime & drama show may be different but Pokemon isn't ether one of them .
We already seen what happen when writer/director tried to put too much attention on Side-character during BW series ! Original Kento series did 10 time better then the trash BW series despite no putting much attention on side-character at all .
[/quote]

Opinion. Stop stating Opinion as fact. Kanto has the most complaints due to main story line and the time revolved around it. The Character focus in Kanto was also on all three traveling companions as well as all characters they interacted with. As time went on they started to focus more on other character because they were newer than Ash. Tracey got a little more focus in Orange Islands because he was the newer member. May got a lot of Focus because of the Contest and because she was a new character. They gave Max a few focus episodes to show his mental growth as a child. Brock got more focus as a breeder to make him different than his Gym Leader self.

D/P had a lot of focus not only on the main members but side characters as well. Zoey got a lot of focus as a reoccuring character, and even Jessie got a lot of focus as a Coordinator. Dawn got a lot of focus to separate her from May as a character with the same goals.

B/W showed the growth of all the "rivals" especially with the relationships of Georgia and Iris, and Cabernet and Cilan. Cameron and Virgil were like the Ritchie of this generation, introduced a character with barely any backstory who stands to be in Ash's way of victory. They weren't great characters, but they were based off the same principle as Ritchie, Harrison, and Tobias.

Also, learn to spell please. Take your time to proof read. I have never met a fan who can't spell Kanto.

Again, you are trying to convey a personal opinion off as a fact in a thread for personal opinions. There is little to nothing you can say to change my opinion on the matter. Ash is as he is made. He is made to be able to relate to children. Giving him anything that gives a boost in battle power makes him unrelateable to the viewer so the writers will do everything not to give him said advantage.

They will change characters around to fit the needs of the anime, even if those needs contradict the video games. Korrina may not have anything to do with Mega Evolution in this season. This would be to keep Ash from getting Mega Evolution. Then again she may keep her role as successor, but still Ash wouldn't get Mega Evolution. He currently doesn't own anything that can mega evolve on hand and isn't likely to catch a new one capable of Mega Evolution.

You don't have to agree with my opinions because they are mine and they are how I see the anime. I'm not even watching it now because I lost interest in it shortly before their return to Lumoise, mostly because its going the same route that I expected it to. I currently have no reason to believe that its going to go any direction other than where I see it going since its following exactly what I expected.

Pokemon from Kalos that I see Ash catching is a small list,

Skiddo as a possible, but has a chance not to evolve. While I can see it evolving, I don't think it would make a lot of sense seeing as Ash and them wouldn't use it the same way as its designed. Gogoat with Ash would be a lot like Tauros. A Power house that's kept away rather than Lapras who was both a battler and a mode of transportation.

Furfrou, while I can see Serena with one as well, I'd like Ash to have one more due to its battle ability. I don't see Ash doing the grooming part and Furfrou may not make another appearance since they did the barber episode, but as a combat Pokemon I'd like to see Ash with it.

Dedenne fills the side mascot role this Gen fairly well so I don't see Ash getting a Fairy Type. Serena on the other hand I expect her to capture at least a Flabebe or Spritzee.

Can't see Ash getting a Litleo, if so he'd probably end up with a female one. Assuming (since it hasn't been confirmed yet) that Ash's Froakie is a Male and Fletchling is Female, Ash could use another Female Pokemon. (Just assuming Fletchling is female, there is no proof to back it up. Froakie on the other had fell to Sylveon's attract so I think he's male.)

He missed his chance at Scatterbug and Pancham. Don't think they'l reoccur later for him to catch.

Jessie and James own Pumpkaboo and Inkay so I don't think anyone on Ash's side will catch them.

Espurr and Honedge just don't look like they'd belong to Ash. I can see a rival appearing with Honedge, and I don't think Ash and Co. will catch the Espurr in the next upcoming episode.

I can see Ash with a Binacle, Skrelp, and or Clauncher. I can see him with any of the three, but not really all three. Clauncher in my mind has the best chance due to it being a Crustacean. Though Ash may catch Binacle since he currently has a Water type and doesn't often double up on his types, even if he caught them, it would be a rotation scheme again.

Sylveon got its showcase so I don't see her coming into Ash's or Serena's hands.

Tyrunt and Amura, I don't see Ash getting. They've made a habit of introducing the fossils to Ash in some way, but he never catches them, I don't think this time will be an exception either.

Hawlucha, this one would be interesting. I can't honestly see Ash with it or Serena or Clemont, but I can see it finding its way into the Main team. If it doesn't appear as a side Pokemon on a new reoccuring rival, I hope it gets onto Ash's team in some way.

Carbink, Goomy, Klefki...These three I can see either Serena or Clemont catching. Goomy seems like something Serena would catch and Klefki as well. Carbink could go to either of them, though I'd side more with the man of science. While at the same time I can see Jessie with Klefki.

Panthump, if Ash does not get a Skiddo, I can see him with Panthump. The only issue would be that it has to be traded to evolve and I can't see Ash simply trading to evolve it. Trading seems to have a different attachment in the Anime than it does IRL. They keep trying to play trading off as a severe emotional trigger which has the trainer either regret the action (ash in Kanto) or love the action (Bianca and her Escavalier)

Bergmite would be interesting on Ash's team because he doesn't usually have strong Ice types. Glailie was his only Ice type if I recall. Bergmite evolving into the tank that is Avalugg, would be interesting choice for Ash. It be like Ash having Torterra again, the slow, but hard bodied tank.

Noibat, would love for Ash to get it, but highly doubtful in my mind.

Older Pokemon that re-appear:

Now there is a huge list. There aren't many I see Ash getting simply because they had been owned before or Ash already owned them at some point. Serena and Clemont on the other hand, I would like to see have some older ones.

Serena I'd like to see with her own Rhyhorn while Clemont I'd like to see with an Electabuzz.

I can see Ash possibly calling in his older Pokemon in the later portions of the Anime as is usually tradition, but we're way too early into the Anime for those kinda thoughts.

Years
I think Ashs team will be:
Pikachu, Froakie or Frogadier (he never evolved his Water-Pokemon except Krabby), Talonflame, Lucario (his Mega), Tyrantrumm (Tyrunt will be the new Gible and Tyrantrumm the new Charizard), and I'm not sure with the sixth one.

A thoery of mine is that Ash catches a Panthump and trades it with James Pumpkaboo. So Ash gets Gourgeits and James Trevenant. (This would be awesome I guess)

I think Clauncher and Litleo would be good choices for Ashs team, but he already has a Fire and Water type.

I think Skiddo, Honedge and Amaura would also be awesome Pokemon I could see in Ashs team, but I doubt he will get them.

I think Serenas team will be:
Braixen, Azumarill (or Spritzee or Floette), Skiddo, Goomy, Amaura and Skrelp (don't ask me why)

and Clemonts Team: (I don't think he will have a full team)
Bunnelby, Dedenne, Quilladin, Heliolisk (i think he will take his Heliolisk with him after the gym battle with Ash), Clauncher and Bergmite

I also think a good team for the rival of Ash would be:
Greninja or Chesnaught, Aegislash, Noivern, Talonflame/Dragagle/Clawitzer, Mega Manetric/Houndoom and Pangoro

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
It is kinda odd were 15 episodes in and serena hasn't caught a pokemon yet
i figured she have atleast a rhyhorn (That likes to race) with trust issues by now

as for ash's team its soo up in the air right now i cant really tell but i do see ash getting lucario maybe it struggles to turn mega and it takes the whole journey to finally achieve it

as for ash's grass type im going skiddle ( Doesnt evolve)
also see ash getting a tyrunt too

really hope serena does more than ryhorn racing

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It is kinda odd were 15 episodes in and serena hasn't caught a pokemon yet
i figured she have atleast a rhyhorn (That likes to race) with trust issues by now

as for ash's team its soo up in the air right now i cant really tell but i do see ash getting lucario maybe it struggles to turn mega and it takes the whole journey to finally achieve it

as for ash's grass type im going skiddle ( Doesnt evolve)
also see ash getting a tyrunt too

really hope serena does more than ryhorn racing

At this point, assume Serena is just a last minute tag on with no real purpose to the anime other than introducing a female role. I know it took Iris a while to catch something, but Serena doesn't seem to have any focus in the coming episodes other than when she was introduced up until she met up with Ash. Then she just exists there.

She may have got Fennekin as an excuse to meet Ash and may not actually do anything. She missed out on some pretty good potential so far as has Ash.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I can see both Skiddo/Litleo being caught by Ash since these pokemon seem better fitted for Ash's Kalos team, but as of right now there's noway to tell what kind of Pokemon will be on Ash's Kalos team as of right now.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
If Ash catch's An Aegislash & Gardevoir or Mr Mime then he will have all type of pokemon in his collection .
Me on the Other hand , Want to see Ash swing Aegislash and cut down a mecha using ''Sacred Blade'' .

I'd love for you or someone to tell me how that is not believable. Nothing you say is believable either if you want to enter this route because all you do is throw your opinion around like its a fact of life. Kids do not like the same thing everywhere in the world. I find it incredibly hard to believe any of your claim that you make and I'm pretty sure you make half of your statistics up on the spot to please your own views. Mega Evolution already is a love/hate thing. You either love it or you hate it. Its in the fandom too. There are barely that many people that are in between with it. Kids tend to be more extreme with these kind of scenarios.

Its harder to believe your story about why Ash should have Megas than it is to believe in known psychological status of kids.

You must not have seen that episode then. The entire episode Bulbasaur was antagonistic to Ash due to his abandonment issues. After watching Ash battle for the sake of the Pokemon against Team Rocket, it accepted Ash and at the end of the episode, battled Ash because it wanted to join his team. Froakie was antagonistic to every trainer who has ever owned it. It did not listen to any orders it was given. It assisted Ash on a whim and after Ash saved its life and after watching how much Ash cared for Pokemon it decided to join Ash because it felt he'd be different. They had a rough start with Froakie not listening but right now Froakie is on board with Ash's orders.

Both joined because they grew to respect Ash for saving them, both had to be won over by Ash's resolve. Both remained antagonistic until Ash proved his worth until which neither responded positively to Ash's orders. While Bulbasaur's was before ownership and Froakie's was after, they have a similar set up.

Please show me WHERE I said one was canceled because of life lessons. WHERE? Please stop deluding yourself in your own selfish fantasy world where only your opinion matters. I said they had QUESTIONABLE MERIT episodes canceled and replaced by some with better moral standings. THERE IS ALWAYS A LIFE LESSON in Pokemon. Its for kids, that by itself means that it teaches some lessons. No they don't watch it to learn something. They never incorperate life lessons in the stories and expect them to watch it for those reasons. Its called subliminal messaging. It exists in all children's cartoons. Kids don't watch Team Umi Zoomi because they want to learn, they watch it because they enjoy it. It teaches them basics. Same with Barney, Dora the explora, Go Diego Go, Power Rangers...and yes Power Rangers is Life Lesson HEAVY, they used to have recaps of lessons learned. Futurama does it a few times just to make fun of the subliminal messaging by adding in stupid recaps. Family Guy did it with its Christmas Special. They appear all the time, young or old, and in child, teen or adult shows. The main one is always, through team work, perseverance, and dedication you can overcome your obstacles and achieve your goal.

Natural Talent vs Hard Work: I guess Ash never beat Gary. I guess Ash never beat Paul. I guess Ash didn't KO Darkrai who was completely dominating the tournament by itself. I guess Ash never really worked that hard to achieve any of his titles. I guess Ash didn't win the Battle Frontier or Orange Island. All of his hard earned winnings mean nothing apparently. The constant reiteration of team work and friendship apparently isn't something the TV series is teaching kids. Are you serious? I can't take you seriously. You seem to not know anything your talking about.

Not dare change something important. I guess Iris was a Gym Leader in B/W series then...oh wait, no she wasn't. She wasn't the Champion either. Bianca wasn't Professor Juniper's assistant either and apparently Cheren didn't start at the same time as Bianca despite them being childhood friend.

Brock didn't have a career shift in the games. Misty didn't leave the gym for her sisters to run. They make drastic changes to core characters all the time.

Again, no. Kids don't want what you seem to think they want. You don't speak for them so stop bringing it up. Its your opinion not a fact. They have heroes that play side roles, the kids love them just the same.

Speaking personally, Paul was a crap trainer. He abused his Pokemon, didn't care for anything but winning, and had the attitude of a rabid dog. As a character he was horribly done and only made to focus that love and care were the proper ways to raise Pokemon (Oh look life lesson). Where Paul failed, Ash succeeded and made Chimchar into something worth using.

Berry, was spastic and erratic. He is not a character people could relate to. Bianca who has a similar personality was easier to relate to because she wasn't as tempermental or as hyperactive. Even the little guy they had to rival Dawn was better than Barry. I wouldn't even count Nando as a rival. That's like saying Casey was a rival of Ash in Johto. Nando was a reoccuring character, but he didn't have that rival feel. He was just doing what ever he wanted just because he could (A fact that pissed of Zoey more than anyone else.)

Its an unnatural power that gives them a super boost. How is that LESS Hax than a Naturally occurring phenomon? You seem to not know the meaning of hacked/hax. Ash has also beaten various legendary Pokemon in combat which was done for the sole purpose of giving him growth with his Pokemon.

Yes it IS Overpowered. Its an unnatural power that boosts the power of the Pokemon to near legendary levels. Its unmeasurable in the anime compared to the games, as shown Mega Blaziken jumped up half of the Prism Tower to save ash and landed without any damage. He had to change to Mega form to do so because it couldn't do it in its normal form. Mega Evolution stands to be a power, much like Ash's Aura ability, that would separate him too much and make him not mesh well with the viewers. Its basic marketing strategy.

Opinion. Stop stating Opinion as fact. Kanto has the most complaints due to main story line and the time revolved around it. The Character focus in Kanto was also on all three traveling companions as well as all characters they interacted with. As time went on they started to focus more on other character because they were newer than Ash. Tracey got a little more focus in Orange Islands because he was the newer member. May got a lot of Focus because of the Contest and because she was a new character. They gave Max a few focus episodes to show his mental growth as a child. Brock got more focus as a breeder to make him different than his Gym Leader self.

D/P had a lot of focus not only on the main members but side characters as well. Zoey got a lot of focus as a reoccuring character, and even Jessie got a lot of focus as a Coordinator. Dawn got a lot of focus to separate her from May as a character with the same goals.

B/W showed the growth of all the "rivals" especially with the relationships of Georgia and Iris, and Cabernet and Cilan. Cameron and Virgil were like the Ritchie of this generation, introduced a character with barely any backstory who stands to be in Ash's way of victory. They weren't great characters, but they were based off the same principle as Ritchie, Harrison, and Tobias.

Also, learn to spell please. Take your time to proof read. I have never met a fan who can't spell Kanto.

Again, you are trying to convey a personal opinion off as a fact in a thread for personal opinions. There is little to nothing you can say to change my opinion on the matter. Ash is as he is made. He is made to be able to relate to children. Giving him anything that gives a boost in battle power makes him unrelateable to the viewer so the writers will do everything not to give him said advantage.

They will change characters around to fit the needs of the anime, even if those needs contradict the video games. Korrina may not have anything to do with Mega Evolution in this season. This would be to keep Ash from getting Mega Evolution. Then again she may keep her role as successor, but still Ash wouldn't get Mega Evolution. He currently doesn't own anything that can mega evolve on hand and isn't likely to catch a new one capable of Mega Evolution.

You don't have to agree with my opinions because they are mine and they are how I see the anime. I'm not even watching it now because I lost interest in it shortly before their return to Lumoise, mostly because its going the same route that I expected it to. I currently have no reason to believe that its going to go any direction other than where I see it going since its following exactly what I expected.

Pokemon from Kalos that I see Ash catching is a small list,

Skiddo as a possible, but has a chance not to evolve. While I can see it evolving, I don't think it would make a lot of sense seeing as Ash and them wouldn't use it the same way as its designed. Gogoat with Ash would be a lot like Tauros. A Power house that's kept away rather than Lapras who was both a battler and a mode of transportation.

Furfrou, while I can see Serena with one as well, I'd like Ash to have one more due to its battle ability. I don't see Ash doing the grooming part and Furfrou may not make another appearance since they did the barber episode, but as a combat Pokemon I'd like to see Ash with it.

Dedenne fills the side mascot role this Gen fairly well so I don't see Ash getting a Fairy Type. Serena on the other hand I expect her to capture at least a Flabebe or Spritzee.

Can't see Ash getting a Litleo, if so he'd probably end up with a female one. Assuming (since it hasn't been confirmed yet) that Ash's Froakie is a Male and Fletchling is Female, Ash could use another Female Pokemon. (Just assuming Fletchling is female, there is no proof to back it up. Froakie on the other had fell to Sylveon's attract so I think he's male.)

He missed his chance at Scatterbug and Pancham. Don't think they'l reoccur later for him to catch.

Jessie and James own Pumpkaboo and Inkay so I don't think anyone on Ash's side will catch them.

Espurr and Honedge just don't look like they'd belong to Ash. I can see a rival appearing with Honedge, and I don't think Ash and Co. will catch the Espurr in the next upcoming episode.

I can see Ash with a Binacle, Skrelp, and or Clauncher. I can see him with any of the three, but not really all three. Clauncher in my mind has the best chance due to it being a Crustacean. Though Ash may catch Binacle since he currently has a Water type and doesn't often double up on his types, even if he caught them, it would be a rotation scheme again.

Sylveon got its showcase so I don't see her coming into Ash's or Serena's hands.

Tyrunt and Amura, I don't see Ash getting. They've made a habit of introducing the fossils to Ash in some way, but he never catches them, I don't think this time will be an exception either.

Hawlucha, this one would be interesting. I can't honestly see Ash with it or Serena or Clemont, but I can see it finding its way into the Main team. If it doesn't appear as a side Pokemon on a new reoccuring rival, I hope it gets onto Ash's team in some way.

Carbink, Goomy, Klefki...These three I can see either Serena or Clemont catching. Goomy seems like something Serena would catch and Klefki as well. Carbink could go to either of them, though I'd side more with the man of science. While at the same time I can see Jessie with Klefki.

Panthump, if Ash does not get a Skiddo, I can see him with Panthump. The only issue would be that it has to be traded to evolve and I can't see Ash simply trading to evolve it. Trading seems to have a different attachment in the Anime than it does IRL. They keep trying to play trading off as a severe emotional trigger which has the trainer either regret the action (ash in Kanto) or love the action (Bianca and her Escavalier)

Bergmite would be interesting on Ash's team because he doesn't usually have strong Ice types. Glailie was his only Ice type if I recall. Bergmite evolving into the tank that is Avalugg, would be interesting choice for Ash. It be like Ash having Torterra again, the slow, but hard bodied tank.

Noibat, would love for Ash to get it, but highly doubtful in my mind.

Older Pokemon that re-appear:

Now there is a huge list. There aren't many I see Ash getting simply because they had been owned before or Ash already owned them at some point. Serena and Clemont on the other hand, I would like to see have some older ones.

Serena I'd like to see with her own Rhyhorn while Clemont I'd like to see with an Electabuzz.

I can see Ash possibly calling in his older Pokemon in the later portions of the Anime as is usually tradition, but we're way too early into the Anime for those kinda thoughts.
[/QUOTE]
I honestly don't wanted to drag it out because I afraid I might get banned However..........................

- First of all , I'm talking about Common Interest ! Pokemon isn't trying to attract all the Kids because thats Impossible . Pokemon trying to attract majority of Kids by using ''Common Interest'' that majority of Kids has .
Plus , The Kids You talked about , Are they really Kids because even 14/15 year old person considered as Kids by 21 year old adult.
I'm talking about Kids who are at the same age as Us when we start watching Pokemon ! Back then , I wonder how many of us knew the meaning of Overpower ???
Back then we could expect Ash to achieve anything ! We could expect Ash to catch a Legendary Pokemon someday , Win Pokemon League someday , Beat E4 & champion someday .
MAY BE , THAT WHY KENTO SERIES WAS SO FREAKING POPULAR !!!
But now , We don't even know if that ''Someday'' will ever come .
Now Ash has so many restriction & limitation ! He's not allowed to win the League or any Individual Tournament that last longer then 2 episode , He's not allow to beat the 1st rival he met in series debut even if he's a rookie , He's not allow to counter ''Attract'' without using pokemon of same gender .
The Current writer put so many restriction on Ash that most fan now afraid to expect anything from Ash ! No wonder that the shows popularity decreasing !!!
You Yourself a prime example of it !
Now the last thing writer would do is put more restriction on Ash by banning him from processing Megevolution
May be , if the Anime stop restricting Ash then may be Pokemon might get its old popularity back .
After all , Pokemon is ''Shouene'' type Anime for Kids ! Its not at the same category as ''Doraemon'' Or ''Dora the explore'' !!!
Anime like Pokemon feed on fan's exception ! Anime like Pokemon need something that will drive fans to watch the whole series !

-Plus those Kids on your area
Did really said they doesn't like Megamon or you just misunderstood them .
May be They said that they doesn't want Ash to be a pokemon Master by only relying on Mega-evolution because it would feel like cheating .
If Mega evolution is Overpowered then Diantha would be the most Overpowered and strongest champion of world because she's the only one who has megevolution .
But that not true !
Sooner or later , other champion , E4 member and Gym-leader will process Megevolution in order to even thing up.
If might happen in ''Pokemon Z'' Or the Possible ''Ruby & sapphire'' remake .
Pokemon is an anime So if writer going to separate Trainer into 2 group where One group process megevolution while other group doesn't then The Protagonist has to be in the group who process Megevolution Because thats how an Anime work
If Kids had problem with Ash having Megevolution then Kids would also had problem with Tyson having a Bitbeast in Beyblade .
Because in Beyblade (first series) there also 2 type of blader ! One who had Bitbeast and other who didn't !
But Kids didn't had any problem because they were plenty of rival with Bitbeast !
So Kids wouldn't have any problem if Ash has plenty rival who also process Megaevolution .
And if a mare shopkeeper like Limone can have megevolution then I'm sure that there will be other character (referring & rival ) who will process Megevolution their own !!!
You might start to think Limone as some sort of Mysterious legendary trainer in your mind But to me he's just a Over-sensitive Middle-aged man playing superhero .
He just a overused Character stereotype of Pokemon and He's not deserve to be the Mega Evolution guy ! Megevolution process far too much potential to be owed by some superhero wanna be !
FYI : Spider-man , Superman & Ironman had their own Superpower , Thats why Kids loves them ! A Superhero who fight by himself is different then the Superhero who just stand there while his pokemon does the fighting .

-Also , Iris was a gym-leader in White and Future gym-leader in Black ! Also she become champion at the age of 12 ! In Anime . she's the future gym-leader (Black) and we has to wait until she become 12 in order to see her as a Champion .Same goes for Bianca.
As for Brock , he's still the former Gym-leader of Pewter city ! Its not like he's totally unrelated to it ! Also , If he sudden find Pokemon Breeding meaningless then his foster might someday find being Gym-leader meaningless and leave the gym Promoting Brock to take over again ! That could very well happen .
So You mean to tell me that When Ash get to Shalour city , he won't Visit ''Tower of Mastery'' ! If he does visit it then ether Korrina Or her grandfather won't have any relationship with it ! That Clemont father will be in charge of ''tower of mastery '' and there won't any people who trying to master megevolution in ''Tower of Mastery''.
Basically wasting a whole plot !
Whatever related to a Gym-leader in Game its also related to him/her in Anime !
Megevolution is the main attraction of Generation VI ! Considering the lack of ''Legendary Pokemon'' & ''New Pokemon !!!

-ya , Ash did a lot of thing with hard Word But It all crash down to BW series . Whoever in charge of that series obviously had issue with experienced Hard Working people ! So in BW series he show how meaningless Experience is against people like Trip & Cameron who ether born with Talent or Luck.
My guess , Whoever was in charge of BW series , He/she might got the job because of some family connection instate of having proper qualification ! That why He/She favor Trip & Cameron so much

-Megevolution is not same as legendary Pokemon because wild Pokemon can't undergo megevolution.
Megevolution require mega stone and strong bond with trainer . its confirm by Prof sycamore .
In other word , Only Pokemon with trainer can undergo megevolution .
As for Movie Mewtwo , You said yourself that the Movie is a non-cannon.

-Those who complained about Original series !
Let me guess , They are the same as those who complain about Ash hogging all spotlight in DP cause Dawn & Brock to neglected ! I guess I dream the whole Wallace cup even though there won't be Tournament like that for Ash to win 1
I admit that DP had long filler ! But BW series had a whole saga dedicate to filler , BW Series rushed everthing & ruin the League just for Bunch of filler . atleast DP Series didn't gone this far.

-Froakie wasn't antagonistic toward Ash like Bulbasaur ! He was friendly with him from the start ! Also I seen Pokemon jump as high as mega Blaziken in Pokemon including Harrison's Blaziken who jump like as it was flying.

Your main problem that You using real life theory in Anime ! Look at other popular fantasy Anime .
The Hero has special power or item that make him different then others and get him involve in various event .
Your idea of treating Ash like a normal person is stupid ! It can only work in drama show and adult Anime .
But In A fantasy Kids Anime about a world filled magical creature where people catch those animal and use them to fight other , The MC have to be special even if he start off as an underdog like Naruto !!

Last edited:
Back