• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Updating Essentials

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
Alright, I've been having a dillema with updating my version of Pokemon Essentials on a game that I've already started. I want to make sure I'm doing it right, so that I don't lose any progress on the game I've started.

The version of Essentials I've been using is an old version, one of the first that poccil had put out when he was still working on it years ago. I put the game on the shelf for a couple years, only to dust it off recently, and taking an interest in upgrading to the newest version recently released.

How would I do this, especially since a few of my map ID's are being used on test maps in the new version?

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
It doesn't matter, I would suggest you leave Scripts and Editor Scripts in the data folder alone...
And PBS has changed considerably, so leave that folder too.
Leave the Icons graphics alone and pictures (unless you don't have to overwrite of course)
Everything else can be overwritten I believe.

A vital step and probably one you will not like.

START A NEW GAME.

Your older save game will not work, it will cause an error and there are 2 fixes.

1) Start new game.
2) Revert to an older version.

Just reply here with problems you uncover.

Back