• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I sacrifice two monsters and summon...the Yu-Gi-Oh club!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
gallery_pic_1134_1_11273_small.jpg

Oh, don't we all know of Yu-Gi-Oh? Fun game, isn't it?​
---> A little bit of info!

Yu-Gi-Oh all started out as manga by Kazuki Takahashi. It had begun to rise in popularity, and thus became an anime called Yu-Gi-Oh Season Zero. It began with Yugi solving the Millenium Puzzle, and then evolved into a card game we know as Dual Monsters. After the end of the original Yu-Gi-Oh, more soon followed after the epic adventures of Yugi. Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds, Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal, and the upcoming Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V. At some point during the original run of Yu-Gi-Oh, the cards became a reality, and they are still being made today.

---> Rules
I syncro summon the rules!

1. As usual, all PC rules apply.

2. If you have news, I need a source from where you received it. If credit is required, give credit.

3. No bashing of the characters or series allowed. If you don't like them, just state so.

4. Anything that has to do with recent episodes must go in a spoiler tag to prevent it being spoiled for others.

---> Sign up form!

Username:
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character:
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh:​
Topics:
Spoiler:

Members:
Oxidation.
«Chuckles».
warship.
Diablerie.
EXO時代.
LilJZ.
Squirrel.
Frokage.
mrakaflame.
Peitharchia.
MathewCS.
Germaniiac.
PlatinumDude.
Murkmire.
AoTora.
mew².
O'aka XXIII.
Yugi Moto.

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Count me in!
Username: «Chuckles»
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Bakura, dem fangirls
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series, The original first season with kaiba and his hilarious green hair.

Is this fanclub for speaking about the cards or the anime & manga?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Count me in!
Username: «Chuckles»
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Bakura, dem fangirls
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series, The original first season with kaiba and his hilarious green hair.

Is this fanclub for speaking about the cards or the anime & manga?

Welcome to the club! And everything Yu-Gi-Oh. Not just one specific thing within it.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i didnt even know there would be a new series after zexal lol :P this club would be a good way to keep up with the franchise
Username: warship
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: hmm alexis i guess?
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: GX because it was the one which introced me to the franchise

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Welcome, Warship!

Yeah, we can discuss the new series coming out.

What do you guys think Yu-gi-Oh Arc V might be about?

Predict away. :3 (The main character is named Yuya, that much I know.)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
I used to like Yu-Gi-Oh. But then I turned 12 and lost inerest. I still have 500+ cards.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023

Good question, at first I thought it might be about robots and futuristic stuff but then 5D's was kinda like that except with motorcycles. It might be in the same timeline as Zexal maybe further down the track or before the events of zexal. If it is before the events of zexal they won't be able to introduce any new card types because of continuity reasons maybe like one card of a new type but that would be useless unless it's super rare.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
Username: Diablerie
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Yusei
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh:: 5D's, first one I watched Japanese with English subs, instead of the English dub.

Followed the TV series and real life card game up until the end of 5D's, but then couldn't get into Yuma, Zexal or the Xyz monsters.

Not sure what to think of Arc V, I'll probably give it a try, I hope its closer to the darker 5D's than the more lighthearted GX or Zexal though.

Good question, at first I thought it might be about robots and futuristic stuff but then 5D's was kinda like that except with motorcycles. It might be in the same timeline as Zexal maybe further down the track or before the events of zexal. If it is before the events of zexal they won't be able to introduce any new card types because of continuity reasons maybe like one card of a new type but that would be useless unless it's super rare.
I reckon they could introduce more new card types before Zexal's time and get away with it - it's like how no one ever uses or acknowledges Synchros anymore in Zexal, they could just do the same again.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I reckon they could introduce more new card types before Zexal's time and get away with it - it's like how no one ever uses or acknowledges Synchros anymore in Zexal, they could just do the same again.

True. Just found my yugioh card decks, I have a little over 1000. I stopped collecting a few years back but I might start again.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Welcome, Diablerie!

The futuristic theory doesn't seem too off the money, I was sort of thinking that, too. I'm pretty sure that there will be a new kind of type of monsters and cards. I mean, Zexal, it was Number Cards, so I'm sure Arc V will have some different kind of cards. Yuya, I hope, is more serious than Yuma, though.

Tbh, Zexal had some real downers, but I loved the Number cards.

I, don't really collect the cards. I have a crap ton of fake ones from when I was collecting them, but I lost all those cards. Well, the fakes I had from Elementary school. I only have one pack of real cards, and I stored them away.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Just checked the wikia page and here is the plot.
Yugioh Wikia said:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V centers around Yuya Sakaki, as he tries to escape from harsh reality by smiling. But one duel leads him to make a determination to confront the difficulties and he will get the power of infinite possibilities. The show's main theme is "Take a step forward with courage!!"
So this might be about... the dreaded power of friendship. Here is the Promotional pic it might have something to do with magic since the promo pic looks kind magical with the light around them and "get the power of infinite possibilities" might be hinting at magic.
Yugioh_-_ArcV_-_Official_website_tvtokyo_%28_2c39679f665611e383e8963aecd2c947_large_%29_nota.jpg

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
Cheers Oxidation :)

I've learned that Yu-Gi-Oh promo pics can be deceptive. Looking at the first promos for 5D's, I thought card games on motorcycles would be an absolutely rubbish idea for a show. But it definitely surprised me, and it grew to be my favourite of the ones I watched. So I'll give this one a chance, could be better than expected. I second the request for a more serious main character, Yugi and Yusei were the shizzle.

Haha it's nice to see they're at least keeping with tradition and giving the protagonist improbable hair.

Collected the cards from the Blue Eyes White Dragon days all the way up to the end of 5D's, but eventually got a bit sick of spending so much money on it and switched to online simulators like Duelist Network instead.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yeah I wonder why they always give the protagonist this ummm what's the word... eccentric hair. This time the protagonist has green and red hair just in time for christmas to bad it airs in april.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
I think I'd be disappointed if they didn't have the hair, it's just so... Yu-Gi-Oh.

Jaden had the most normal hair of the bunch and even then it still did look a bit like a Kuriboh. {:3}

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I think I'd be disappointed if they didn't have the hair, it's just so... Yu-Gi-Oh.

Jaden had the most normal hair of the bunch and even then it still did look a bit like a Kuriboh. {:3}

Haha, yeah Jaden has the most tame hair but it is still a little out there. When I say yugioh to someone they say "That cartoon where the guy has that spiky cool hair" I think Yugioh has been typecasted as an anime for over the top hairstyles. There are too many to list XD

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
The eccentric hair is like a trademark in Yu-Gi-Oh. I mean, we had Yugi with star like hair, and Yusei with funky hair. Yuya has what would seem like... two toned hair. I liked that. The only one who had boring hair was Jaiden, and tbh, that was fine in its time since GX is completely different.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
Spoiler:

^ If that's boring hair, I'm not sure I wanna know what interesting hair is. ~_~

So here's a question - has anyone around here ever seen season 0 of the original anime? I've heard mixed things about it and I'm a sucker for the original anime series - is season 0 worth watching?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I've seen it. Kaiba has ridiculous green hair and it's worth the watch I think they made a movie for it not sure.

EDIT: Going through my old deck and found a hilarious rip-off card.
Here is the wiki version mine isn't shiny but is this Wolverine or what? It even has the X!!! and the yellow and brown XD
329px-XSaberAirbellum-HA01-EN-ScR-LE.jpg

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Username: EXO時代
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Yuki Judai and Seto Kaiba
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: ZeXal (I love XYZs!)

Hello all, I run a Spellcasters deck. I am a fan of them as well as Dragons (Oh, I am so original).

I only play OCG :)

So here's a question - has anyone around here ever seen season 0 of the original anime? I've heard mixed things about it and I'm a sucker for the original anime series - is season 0 worth watching?
---
It was quite lame but I've watched it in Japanese.

Back