• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Tutorials: Scripting (In HD Video Form!)

Midori

Deep Sea Tentacruel
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 19, 2010
Making weather change for multiple maps based on an event would be a nice tutorial!

Years
thanks, i combined the move camera script and the movements, he see's a girl he knows (camera move) then it goes back on him, he takes one step forward and she makes him follow her around and then he gives him a pokedex she found :) thanks, when are you going to be putting another tut on ?

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2010
I need help im on the first lesson and i cant get it to work everything is fine untill I check my person nothing happens is something wrong with the script?
#org $script
lock
faceplayer
message $talk 1
$talk 1 = Hello.
boxset 6
release
end

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2010
I need help im on the first lesson and i cant get it to work everything is fine untill I check my person nothing happens is something wrong with the script?
#org $script
lock
faceplayer
message $talk 1
$talk 1 = Hello.
boxset 6
release
end

Yeah, instead of
message $talk 1
$talk 1 = Hello.

It should be
message $talk
$talk 1 = Hello.

I removed the 1 in the message line.

If I could get some help with givepokemon scripts, it'd be really cool. When my character is given his first pokemon, the Pokemon option doesn't appear in the start menu, and even if I catch another pokemon the option still isn't there, but I do have the pokemon as I can move them by going to a PC.

pikachux2

Never Evolve
Years
I have the same problem i cant open the POKEMON option on the menu but i can use the pokemon i gave to the PLAYER in a battle and a PC is there a command that will make that option

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I have the same problem i cant open the POKEMON option on the menu but i can use the pokemon i gave to the PLAYER in a battle and a PC is there a command that will make that option

Set one of the following flags depending on what game you're hacking:

0x828 - Fire Red
0x800 - Ruby
0x860 - Emerald

Pac-Man1096

Pokémon GrayStone Version
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Thanks for posting those scripting tutorials foullump! Without them, I wouldn't have been as far as I am now in my hack (Pokemon Graystone Version)! Anyway, the current problem I have now is with the hometown... I've been trying to make a little girl who sits in front of the exit to the town to the first route, but when I try to script with those green script boxes, the game just freezes when I step on them! The girl is supposed to walk towards you and tell you all the basic stuff about leaving without a Pokemon, etc. Then, the player moves back and so does the little girl back to where she was at first. I've tried to update the database already, but that didn't seem to help. Can you please help me? Suggestions? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2010
Hi. I'm having some trouble getting this program to work. I've installed it to the default location, and it appears to register correctly. However, when I right click on a script (created in notepad, saved as rbc), I don't get any sort of compile option. I have tried the "encode" option in the menu of poke script, but this does not work. If it matters, I am running windows 7 professional 64 bit. Thanks for any help.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I have some BIG problems. I want to make a script like PROF OAK's, but the problem is just how. Also i want to make a person who's moving enter a warp tile (you know, a door)

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
tutorials are awsome

but can u make something more advance like rival scripts?

Years
Thank you for your tutorials, I've watched most of them plus the newer ones as well several times. I found them through Youtube, not from this link. I didn't realise you were a member here as well and just found this page. I find video tutorials easier to understand than written ones and I can follow as I go along.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2012
i have been on the point of giving up....

the main problem i get is i type the script perfectly

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
message $talk
$talk 1 = hello.
boxset 6
release
end

and what happens is a small box opens in the corner, i click a/b then the game freezes....

if someone could help me it would be much apreciated

not usualy a bad sport with these sorts of things but its almost 3 in the morning and its frustrating me ha ha ha

also, it looks like your on vista, i am on 7, i think that windows 7 wont let tyou compile the script but vista will, i am seriously hoping this is not the case or there is a solution because this would be a nightmare for me to work out xse

Last edited:
Back