• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Yellow/Mega, Bassiroth (N Harmonia RPer) hasn't been online since the 9th and there are 4-5 of us in his class. How are we to handle this if he''s not online anytime soon?

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
D: Got a ton of catching up to do. Greiger & Megaman, I'll have Danielle catch up to you guys so we can all walk to class together, if that's alright with you both. :D

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
D: Got a ton of catching up to do. Greiger & Megaman, I'll have Danielle catch up to you guys so we can all walk to class together, if that's alright with you both. :D

Alrighty. They're battling right now so maybe you'll be able to catch them during that :p

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Kezius: I can get in contact with him personally within the day... Your character is allowed to simply leave class if the teacher doesn't show up. There's no requirement to attend the class you're given, though teachers may scold you for not trying.

If you wanted to attend a different class that's another story and would be slightly more complicated.

Years
Could Kenshin Ren, Ruby Sapphire Fiona Destiny, Kilik Chambers and/or Drake Stone please tell me when they're heading to the Legend studies classroom please?
Unfortunately the first one or two people may be waiting outside of the lesson for a bit, depending on how early you get there. :D
Thanks!

Dawn

Years
@jasonwolf: Uh-huh... Dude, you need to chill. I'm not going to sit here and watch my members fight. This is a friendly environment, and you can't be treating people like that. Some of what Lincoln said is actually right.

See my concern is Jason /not/ getting injured. How do you get away with kicking a pokemon much heavier than say a soccer ball, literally made of sharp deadly blades, and walk away unscathed? That's going to ruin your shoes at best yo.

I also have no interest in contesting Isaac's history. Surviving an attack with non-lethal injuries is not unreasonable at all. However, Pokemon are very strong. I'm saying that if a human takes an attack from a pokemon, it's going to result in moderate, temporary injury at best. It'll hurt a lot. You may very likely have to go to the infirmary, get bandaged up, recieve aid, maybe even stay a while depending on the attack. You might even be temporarily crippled. Medicine is pretty powerful in the Pokemon world, so it's up to you to decide on any permanent injuries such as scars.

Now, let me address the argument.

For the record, pokemon do kill humans. Black and White introduced two species of Pokemon that deliberately seek out and hunt humans for food, Cofagrigus and Jellicent. Yamask are undead humans consumed by Cofagrigus.

If you ever so much as touch a wooper with bare skin? Their skin is toxic. You'll wind up in the hospital, or worse. In the very first episode of the anime, a swarm of spearow try to kill Ash and Pikachu. A group of ghosts gets Ash killed in lavender town, but later revive him. Mewtwo blows up an entire lab full of people, and later he and Mew kill Ash, though once again he is revived. (...) In the Tree of Beginning the entire main cast, save Mew and Lucario, are eaten alive and killed, but once again brought back to life. Do I even need to mention that time a giant Tentacruel ravaged an entire city? Ghetsis tries to kill you in the games, using his Pokemon.

On the other hand you're right about Pokemon being free. Pokemon obey humans because they were created that way. It's in their natures to obey their trainers, and thus they do that by default after being caught. The battle to catch a pokemon is honestly more about respect and less about trust. Catching Pokemon is more about earning a Pokemon's respect than anything else, and if you ever lose a Pokemon's respect after catching it, it stops listening to his/her trainer.

The relationship between Pokemon and Humans resembling slavery is superficial. It's more of a really weird partnership unless the trainer in question corrupts the relationship into slavery by manipulating a pokemon's nature.

Anyway, I would suggest simply having Isaac exercise with his Pokemon. I also just imagined him fighting other trainers physically while his pokemon fought theirs. Which is hilarious, but bound to get him hated which is not what you want if I recall. You could have Isaac play sports with his Pokemon.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Jbsundown- Ruby will head there in a few hours (in real life) i have stuff to do *cough* bring my lil bro's to school *cough* :3

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Well, perhaps my slavery comparisn was off. And I didn't realise you had simply retconned things rather than writing an explanation of the change - your perrogative and my mistake.

I have no desire to light your fire (that means something very different where I'm from, by the way...) as you said, I just disagree with your position. As Yellow said, Pokemon one hundred percent do attack and kill humans. There are a few cheeky bits of lore in the games that describe how a human began hunting Pokemon with a sword, and from then on Pokemon in the grass will just about always attack humans. Captured pokemon don't tend to do this, but there are exceptions. Ash's Charizard set his head on fire several times purely out of disobedience, Ash only surviving because he's a childrens cartoon character. James' Victreebell(s) regularly made an effort to eat him. It was suggested this was through affection, but still. Tried to eat him.

I think we should remember these are monsters (Pokemon = Pocket Monsters) that are far, far more powerful than any human. Even should they attempt to hold back, they may accidently destroy a human they attack.

Dawn

Years
@Lincoln: Oh boy... the lore in that library is pretty interesting. It's dangerous to use it though because certain books, most especially the one that describes there being a time when Pokemon and Humans had no differences, make absolutely no sense and seem to blatantly contradict other lore unless you happen to 'acquire' an Arceus and then talk to a rather special hiker. Who explains that apparently Pokemon and People were one entity in the beginning and--

Yeah. It's trippy as pokeballs. I /love/ Gen 4 for this stuff though.

Have a copy of the script and see for yourself!

Arceus hunting hiker said:
Well, hello! We meet again!
After we parted, I went from Oreburgh, to Hearthome, Celestic, then Eterna.
Yes, the town and cities surrounding the foot of Mt. Coronet.
Why the fascination with Mt. Coronet, you may ask?
Well Mt. Coronet happens to be called "The origin of Sinnoh."
I learned many things on my journey. Would you like to hear them?
The way I see it, our world began when the spirit within people was born.
When that spirit came to be, there followed awareness about the world.
Within the newborn spirit, time and space were intertwined as one.
People and Pokémon, too, were but the same presence.
As I understand it, people and Pokémon shared the spirit and awareness.
They should have understood and accepted each other then.
Because they shared the same spirit, people and Pokémon intermingled.
People took the place of Pokémon, and the opposite also held true.
That interpretation could give us an idea about how our world came to be.
A Pokémon is said to have shaped this world.
Could that Pokémon be the physical form of the original spirit?
Hmm... The spirit came to be, and from it, time and space were born...
That seems to point to legendary Dialga, the Pokémon of time, and Palkia, the Pokémon of space...
And they lead back to Arceus, the Pokémon that made them arise.
Oh, there were also Plates, weren't there?
One Plate read "Three beings were born to bind time and space."
Those three beings I read to mean the three Pokémon of the lakes. It's about Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf.
The myth describes how they gave spirit to the world, shaping it.
But it all starts with Arceus, the first. It is known as the Original One.
Oh, by the way, I wrote down the words engraved on those Plates.
I summarized them in a book and donated it to this library,
There it is in that bookshelf. I'd be pleased if you'd read it.
I have to say, I'm glad I came out to Sinnoh.
I suppose I'd better be off in search of new myths in faraway lands.
It would be nice if our paths were to cross again.

Arceus' Plates said:
"The Original One breathed alone before the universe came."
"When the universe was created, its shards became this Plate."
"The power of defeated giants infuses this Plate."
"Two beings of time and space set free from the Original One."
"Three beings were born to bind time and space."
"Two make matter, and three make spirit, shaping the world."
"The powers of Plates are shared among Pokémon."
"The rightful bearer of a Plate draws from the Plate it holds."

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
For the new folks who don't have a class, I'm gonna stick you all into this one.

Double battle expert (darkert creepwood/danaxe)

I haven't counted how much exactly will end up being there but hopefully we won't have inactivity problems since most of you are new and eager to write amirite? :3 If for some reason you don't want this class then feel free to go and take an NPC course or not skip out entirely

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
I don't mean to rush anyone, but, is it possible that someone can assign some random classes for Vriska to attend?

BTW, jasonwolf, I have posted about Vriska and Issac's battle; she send out her Gastly, which was already out of its Pokeball, though. :)

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Woah... That is some trippy stuff right there. Although extremely interesting! I've never come across that info myself, seeing as you need Arceus for it? In any case I agree with Lincoln, cheers for bringing that up Yellow!

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
Hey all just wondering a couple of things:

A) If there is anyone else heading to the fossil/mining class at the moment (or who is already there)? George is going to be heading that way soon but I dont really want him sat around in a classroom with an NPC teacher

B) Is there anyone heading to Pokemon Biology soon so Prof Andrew Thomas can begin his class?

No rush for anyone here just want to gauge how long until George should head off/Andrew can begin.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Ciel is about to be heading out there. :D FOr anybody in Ash's class, she is at the beach! No conventional classrooms for her.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Has anyone started heading over to the Double Battle Expert classes yet? Just wondering if my character should be getting to class anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back