• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can't track down people on the GTS unless they have some contact method listed in their message.

Also, please do not double post. If you have more to add and you were the last to post, you'll need to edit the previous post. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 5, 2014
does anyone have a 5 or 6 iv pokemon with synthesis that i can borrow to breed with my exeggcute

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 21, 2014
QUESTIONS from old Poketrainer / newbie!

hey! After a long break I want o buy an new 3DS and play ONLY Pokemon! :) So i have some probably easy to answer questions :) So lets go!

- Can I migrate my Pokemon form Pokemon Diamond to Heart gold then to white/black and white/black 2 and at the end to the pokemon X and Y ? I have normal DS ( 1 st version) and im going to buy an nintendo 3DS XL . I realy want to do it, because i have there pokemons Also form GBA and many of them are( it maby sounds stupid) my... friends.

-What is the mainly diffrence between W/B and Whitre/black 2? These are completely other games?

- I'm old pokemon Veteran, and i hate the new version of X/Y ( the view, I want form the bird eye like other versions :( ) that's ok? They killed the hearth of the pokemon by changing graphics and point of view?

thanks~!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, you could definitely transfer all your Pokémon from game to game. To get them into X/Y, though, you're going to have to download and install PokéBank. Its subscription fee is $5 per year, but first month is free. Yep, Black/White and Black 2/White 2 are sort of different; latter are sequels to the former. Also, nope, I don't think you could change X/Y's graphics, unfortunately. :(

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Anyone know if eggs count toward your pokemon total in My Pokemon Ranch? Like, if I were to transfer in a bunch of eggs, would they count towards getting 500 pokemon for Phione or 1000 for Mew?

Years
Hi there, I'm glad I just found this topic, I was about to create a topic asking about PMD GtI. I've been saving up to get some new 3ds games, Pokemon X is the only one I currently own and although it's a great game, my flame for it has died. So lately I've been downloading a few demos and one of them specially caught my attention and that game is PMD GtI.

The 3d works smoothly, most games won't allow you to tilt your head without getting the 3d effect messed up, the soundtrack is relaxing and the gameplay is really fun and I like the strategy, it sort of reminds me of Chocobo dungeon and FF tactics. However, I already have a couple of games in mind, such as Ace Combat, RE: Revelations, Kirby triple deluxe and KH, all for the 3ds.

I have already read the comparisons of the PMD series, what I'd like to ask is: is there any multiplayer at all? which pokes can you recruit? In short, all the things I can't get on the Demo. Is PMD worth getting? Just from the demo I loved the game but the high price compared to the other games is putting me off. How long does the game "live"?

I'll be really glad for any insight, thanks in advance.

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
I want to start playing my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity but have no clue who to play as and which partner to choose! I am almost 75% sure that I want to play as Axew the other one I might choose would be Tepig or Snivy! As for my partner, I was leaning towards pikachu or possibly oshawatt, but mostly pikachu!

I like the idea of me playing as Axew and my partner being Pikachu but not sure if that is a good setup or not! What would you all recommend me choose as my starter and my partner pokémon on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity?

Thanks so much all!

- UB3R_N00B

Years
I want to start playing my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity but have no clue who to play as and which partner to choose! I am almost 75% sure that I want to play as Axew the other one I might choose would be Tepig or Snivy! As for my partner, I was leaning towards pikachu or possibly oshawatt, but mostly pikachu!

I like the idea of me playing as Axew and my partner being Pikachu but not sure if that is a good setup or not! What would you all recommend me choose as my starter and my partner pokémon on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity?

Thanks so much all!

- UB3R_N00B

Let me se if I got this, you are asking us to tell you what would be your favorite Pokemon?

As for stats, i wouldn't know but you can probably find it on Serebii or Bulbapedia. :)

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
No I am asking what starter you all would recommend for pokemon mystery dungeon gates to infinity and what ally you would pick for it.

Years
Can someone explain to me what is the difference between an Original Pokemon GBA Cartridge, and a Copy of the mentioned? Can they both save normally? Can they both be used in DS Pokemon games without losing saves and all the other stuff fake games cant? What is the difference? :D

game-boy-advance-igre-slika-35188545.jpg

Also is this fake?

E letter seems odd, The Pokemon Company is too close to Nintendo, Nintendo part is a bit odd too, and despite bad reflection, I cant seem to see any kind of the letters on the right side of the cartridge, which is always there with real deal.
The seller says his games are not original, but is there a difference between a copy and a fake game?

:D

Last edited:

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
To the best of my knowledge, this is what a real cartridge should look like:
1179903735-00.jpg

Dark green, translucent plastic; holographic sticker; and proper logos. As far as I know fake copies are just Emerald roms flashed onto 3rd party hardware, so if the Gameboy can read it I suppose it should work normally. I've heard mixed stories on whether or not a DS can read fake GBA games, but I have no firsthand experience there. The thing I would watch out for is the internal battery, a fake cart is sure to have a cheap (and therefore short-lived) one.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Is your cover metallic with the holograph that looks like broken ice? Should look like the one in the picture above. That E is also pretty fishy...actually that whole ESRB rating block looks bad. :/ I don't have much faith in that cartridge, to tell you the truth. Best way to check is to start a file, don't do too much stuff on it, save it, put it into a DS system with a DS Pokemon game inserted, then check out the GBA game. I think you need to play the DS game first for it to work, but not sure...better safe than sorry though, so just play the DS game for a minute. Anyway, if the GBA file is gone after that, it's fake. The DS weeds'em out.

Years
Is your cover metallic with the holograph that looks like broken ice? Should look like the one in the picture above. That E is also pretty fishy...actually that whole ESRB rating block looks bad. :/ I don't have much faith in that cartridge, to tell you the truth. Best way to check is to start a file, don't do too much stuff on it, save it, put it into a DS system with a DS Pokemon game inserted, then check out the GBA game. I think you need to play the DS game first for it to work, but not sure...better safe than sorry though, so just play the DS game for a minute. Anyway, if the GBA file is gone after that, it's fake. The DS weeds'em out.

Someone is selling that game so I cant test it out, but I am sure it's fake. :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 25, 2015
EV and IV values

Does anyone know how to calculate them because ive gone on several sites like serebii and marriland and it keeps saying the stats ive inputted are too high, im trying to get EV and IV stats for Mewtwo, it is traded by someone else and I made it hold a lucky egg to gain more experience so i wonder if the stats would be different. here are the stats for my Mewtwo:

Lv.100
HP:376
Att:290
Def:204
Sp.Att:343
Sp.Def:230
Speed:319
Nature:Serious
Characteristic:Likes to thrash about

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 25, 2015
Ive been trying to get the EV values but its saying my stats are too high

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I was looking around the web and found some things called Wedlocke, Egglocke and Wonderlocke. Are these a bit like Nuzlocke? I don't know how to play them. Could someone give me some information about what these are and how to play them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back