• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Resolution-optimized graphics?

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2018
Since this thing uses double-sized sprites, has anyone considered making a version which fully utilizes the increased resolution instead of just inflating the regular graphics? Because IMO that could be quite cool, adding a lot of detail and depth to the games. Would obviously require one to disable the "Small" graphics mode, but still.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
If you want to make high-res versions of the thousands of graphics that the game uses, go right ahead. I imagine that's the only thing stopping people from doing this.

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised, it is kind of an intimidating prospect. I'll just start with the items and Poké Balls for now, I guess, and see where that takes me.

Back