• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Complete Multi-Choice Box Editor

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Complete Multi-Choice Box Editor is a simple tool for editing the Multi-Choice Boxes in Pokemon Games.

It handles all the repointing for you, you never have to type in an offset... ever. If you do however, it will put the data where you tell it... it assumes you mean to put it there even if its overwriting stuff.

You can repoint the whole table if you need to add more, but this must be done before editing any boxes. You can increase or decrease the number of choices in any box but this must be done before editing any choices...

If you repoint the table or change a box and it gets repointed, the tool removes the old table or box data, freeing up space, so repointing the table more than once wont be wasting space. This is not the case for text offsets though, if the text gets longer and ends up being repointed, it leaves the old text (important because some boxes reuse the same text)

I know people say you should do this by hand... but I really cant see why... its boring.

View attachment 73337 View attachment 73338

currently only supports BPRE 1.0
UPDATE: BPEE supported

If I could find the pointers to the tables, I would make it support more roms (when I search for the box offsets I find more than one possible pointer, and Im unsure which is the correct one)

critics are always welcome.

(current upload: 9/7/14)
View attachment LSA - Complete Multi-Choice Box Editor.zip

Last edited:

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
This is perfect, tested and works awesomely, I don't think I have found a good tool that does this!

Also 1 suggestion:

Open Multichoice 0x0E for details. This is what you see: ABRA\cÛ[po]\cÉ 180 Coins
Is it possible to import the proper symbols for those letters?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
This is perfect, tested and works awesomely, I don't think I have found a good tool that does this!

Also 1 suggestion:

Open Multichoice 0x0E for details. This is what you see: ABRA\cÛ[po]\cÉ 180 Coins
Is it possible to import the proper symbols for those letters?

Those are the proper symbols lol. the \c designates like the start and end of a space (similar to the [tab] key) while the characters in between designate the amount of space between them.

so by changing those characters, you change how far apart the item is from its price. this can come in handy if you change "ABRA" to a longer name like "SNEASEL", you would then want a different [tab] spacing between the end of sneasel and the start of the price. (also if you increase or decrease the digits in the price)

I am unsure exactly how long each of those characters means in blank space, so experimentation will be needed...

ive had to edit this manually (to alter the celadon prizes) and its just as much of a headache... im still not 100% on how it all works.

I have Emerald pointer here: 0x58B760, so I hope you make it supports Emerald. Thanks.
Thats not the pointer, thats the actual table offset... I need the place that points to that location.

There are 2 that I have found in emerald and I dont know which one is the correct one:
0x0E1FB8
0x0E22FC

I have also checked ruby, and there are 5 possible offsets:
0x0B50A0
0x0B5108
0x0B53A4
0x0B5624

I highly doubt there is more than one pointer location for this...

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
I'd say this is completely perfect for me. It makes it all easier for me to handle things, great job! ;)

Years
Thats not the pointer, thats the actual table offset... I need the place that points to that location.

There are 2 that I have found in emerald and I dont know which one is the correct one:
0x0E1FB8
0x0E22FC

I have also checked ruby, and there are 5 possible offsets:
0x0B50A0
0x0B5108
0x0B53A4
0x0B5624

I highly doubt there is more than one pointer location for this...

Actually 0x0E1FB8 is the correct one, I had repointed it at there successfully before.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Actually 0x0E1FB8 is the correct one, I had repointed it at there successfully before.
Awesome, I will get Emerald support then ;) thanks

If anyone knows any others, just let me know and ill include em (super easy)

EDIT: Emerald is now supported in version 1.1 of the tool (download from the main post)

Last edited:
Years
Awesome, I will get Emerald support then ;) thanks

If anyone knows any others, just let me know and ill include em (super easy)

EDIT: Emerald is now supported in version 1.1 of the tool (download from the main post)

You are welcome. I also want to say thank you to you.

Edit: I can't open the tool, it showed me the following message:
attachment.php

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years

Hey, for any rom this needs to be fixed. I have my multichoices in the expanded offsets of my hack (emerald). So 0x103E05D is 5D E0 03 09 or as you have it in your program... it should be for boxoffset 0903E05D but any time I try to change it to that, it reverts to 08.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Yeah, none of my tools support extended offsets... 0xFFFFFF is the highest offset enterable. I will have to work on that then i suppose

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
I hope that this tool will let us expand the numbers of Multichoice

it does...

LocksmithArmy said:
You can repoint the whole table if you need to add more, but this must be done before editing any boxes. You can increase or decrease the number of choices in any box but this must be done before editing any choices...

see, said it in the first post... thanks for reading ;)

Shogun

I'll be back
Years
I have aproblem with this :
I expanded the box once to add one new box. I edited it.
But now I need another box, so I've repointed the table again. However I have an error : In A-map the number of banks is now decrease to 14.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 8, 2022
For some reason for windows XP, it says "not a valid 32bit product". Can you make a windows xp compatible one, fix this one, or link me to another one? because I really need a multichoice editor.

Back