• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Fondest Kalos memory

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I loved Kalos. There is a lot of liked about it.

However, I think getting my first shiny going to the Elite 4 for the first time ever in a play through was awesome and very unexpected. Before then, I had never gotten a shiny on a play through. The first play through for the generation at that. Ir was a Druddigon which looked 1000 times better than it did in BW.

Years
Seeing my Charizard mega evolve for the first time was pretty awesome!

That and stumbling across Snorlax... Nostalgia overload!

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
It'd probably be when I started off and got Chespin, the beginning story was nice and I just LOVED playing with him in Aime. X3
Running into Pidgey was really nice too, as was all my other Pokemon.

After getting Amaura from the Sail Fossil and seeing my final team conplete was a great feeling too, and seeing them all evolve!

The best moment was probably the 'Congratulations Champion!' scene with all my team....~ ^w^ And the AZ team was a great follow up too!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 25, 2015
Finally levelling a full 100 team. I am so lazy about it - normally I don't get past the 70s. It was nice to see Blastoise hit level 100 and realise everyone was done.

Years
I have two particular moments which stood out to me when playing Y; the first time entered Parfum Palace and the first time I entered the Kalos Power Plant. Parfum Palace had a lot of scope to it, showcasing the 3D graphics while also adding ambience with the regal colours and music. I recall getting a similar feeling when I had first entered Sunnyshore City in Diamond and Virbank City in White 2.

With the Kalos Power Plant, I swear it was probably that haunting music and the camera angles when you first arrive.

Rahaste

yup
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
When Korrina battles me with her Lucario (me battling with her old Lucario) I use Power Up Punch.

LEL CRITICAL HIT

1HKO

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 18, 2015
For me it was a really strange feeling as it was my introduction to the world of Pokemon so I didn't quite have the amaze factor as most of you. I remember booting it up and going the graphics look great. Arriving at lumiose City felt good as well due to it being such a massive place as well now I spend most of my time battle in restaraunt la wow.

I liked being able to customize my trainer because I felt it gave me a connection to the character. I didn't feel like everyone else I looked distinct. Going into ORAS feels like a step back but I hope they bring back these features from X/Y again.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
My fondest memory in x and y was when i first wielded the power of mega evolution with emga lucario. ( even though the battle was really short)

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I would be catching mewtwo with just 1 duskball and playing amie with yvetal

Years
I think what I really liked was when I was getting to traverse through the region for the first time, with all the nice new areas in 3D and it was just so cool. And having like ten Pokémon I wanted to use but eventually swapped out until I was settled on my final team for my first go.

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2018
Exploring Kalos for the first time was really enjoyable. I loved the graphics, especially. I think my favorite memory is the journey from the starting town to the 2nd gym-it felt like a huge chunk of gameplay with lots to see and do in between. I don't think I have enjoyed the early stages of a Pokemon game like that before.

Years
I don't know if this counts, but started a new game today (technically yesterday) on my x version and saw this:

34is702.jpg

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I don't know if this counts, but started a new game today (technically yesterday) on my x version and saw this:

34is702.jpg
lol, what are the chances of getting that ID number? Are you gonna keep it or....?

Years
lol, what are the chances of getting that ID number? Are you gonna keep it or....?

no, I'm going to reset it. of course I'm keeping it. it's a 6 in 65536 chance. {XD}

wanted to do a first female playthrough because I've played as the male character in all of my previous pokemon games.

didn't really have anything to do in my old file so I deleted it, regretted at first but definitely not any more.

Years
Being able to customise my trainer was definitely a high point for me. For the first time, I felt like it was really me on an adventure - especially because the variety of clothes and hairstyles available mean that the X and Y protagonists can end up looking any age from around ten to almost university-age. For a twenty-year-old (at the time), that was completely awesome.

From a story perspective, my favourite memory is the meetings between the protagonist and Korrina's Lucario. The fact that it built up to a Mega-on-Mega battle with some awesome music just made it all the sweeter. That Lucario ended up on my permanent team.

Oh, and the battle with Xerneas/Yveltal, if only for the music - it became my favourite Pokémon battle theme of all time.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I'd say running into the legendary mascot of the games had to be my fondest Kalos memory.

Back