• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened my second Blastoise Tin today and got Fossil Researcher Full Art

With this card I'm only missing Heracross FA and Seismitoad Ex.

I also got a Trevenant 3 pack and got a Dragonite Full Art, my 3rd one. I also got a couple Next Destinies packs and got a Scrafty Holo.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
On the 11th I got some packs and got another Heracross Ex, also got an Aegislash Ex. With this Aegislash Ex there's only 1 Ex I haven't pulled from the set in Japanese or English, Manectric Ex
My score card for Phantom Forces/Phantom Gate:
Phantom Forces
Dialga Full Art and Ex
Aegislash Ex
Manectric Full Art
Gengar Full Art
Malamar Full Art
Mega Manectric Ex
Mega Gengar Ex

Phantom Gate
Florges Full Art
Florges Ex x2
Gengar Ex
Malamar Ex
Mega Manectric Ex
Mega Gengar Ex

It's interesting I've only pulled 1 duplicate Ex, I don't consider the Megas to be duplicates since they have the giant English and Japanese text. But it is cool I got the one full art I haven't pulled in English, in the 2 Phantom Gate boxes I opened.

I've also only pulled 4 of the Flare cards, 1 of each in English and 1 of each in Japanese.

Today I bought some more packs and asides from some holos I got a Zekrom Ex from Next Destinies so another new card.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Over the week I've pulled a Zekrom Ex, a Reshiram Ex both from Next Destinies packs and an Yveltal Ex from a Pyroar Box.

Today I bought about 10 Furious Fists and Phantom Forces packs alltogether and I got Gengar Ex. Also a couple holos but mostly nonholo rares.

But I also bought a Flashfire 3 pack, I'm only looking for the 2 secret rares and to be honest I wasn't actively looking for them. But I decided to get one and...

Spoiler:

I opened the Toxicroak pack first but didn't look at it, I knew it was a full art but not what. I then opened the other two. When I saw the Mega border I thought it was an ex. I thought of Hawlucha Ex, because I couldn't remember which set Hawlucha was in. So when I flipped them over my jaw hit the ground.

I've never pulled a secret rare and a full art in one 3 pack blister before, and I've only pulled 1 of each Mega Charizard ever, so this secret rare is only my second Mega Charizard Y. This is my 8th secret rare.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Back on Black Friday I bought 2 of the Mega Metagross Ex boxes for the sale price. I opened 1 right away and got 3 regular ex's.

The second I saved for Christmas at my aunts house which was today. So I opened it and got

Spoiler:

The Mega Lucario SR is my 9th Secret Rare pulled from a pack. And I think it's my 5th one pulled in the last 2 months, I think I pulled 3 in November and 2 in December. Right now the only cards I'm missing from Furious Fists are Full Art Heracross and Seismitoad Ex. Also interesting in both of the boxes both of the Furious Fists packs had ex's in them.

Three days ago I got a Phantom Forces 3 pack and got an AZ Full Art.
Spoiler:

I also got a Cresselia Ex from packs, a Thundurus Ex from a Chesnaught Tin and an Emolga Ex from a 3 pack.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Nice.

I pulled a gengar recently myself. Love the artwork.

Walgreens had a BOGO deal on pokemon cards I totally missed for black friday. Hope you guys got that

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
Nice.

I pulled a gengar recently myself. Love the artwork.

Walgreens had a BOGO deal on pokemon cards I totally missed for black friday. Hope you guys got that

Yeah I got that

I got a FA Lucario and a SR M Lucario out of only a few packs (Don't know how many :P)

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Opened a Keldeo EX tin, Deoxys EX tin & Charizard EX tin. Only decent pull was a Seismitoad EX Full Art in the Charizard tin, rest was terrible.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Opened one pack of Phantom Forces and got a Florges EX with a reverse holo Gliscor in that pack. Not bad for something I randomly grabbed off the shelf to get the coin packaged with it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I haven't posted in awhile but I've pulled a ton of cards since.

Target has the Kalos starter boxes for 9.99 each so I bought 6 of them. I also bought some loose DE packs and got Palkia Ex, Houndoom Holo, Samurott Holo, Ampharos Holo, 2 Milotic Holos, Scolipede Holo and Aggron Holo. I still have 3 to open in the upcoming days.

Today I bought 10 Plasma Blast boosters from Target and got Iris FA, Genesect Ex and Dialga Ex. Also Master Ball, Porygon Z Holo and Machamp Holo, Salamence Rev and Eelektross Rev.

I ordered a Plasma Freeze Booster box a few days ago and it came today.

I got Heatran Full Art, Tornadus Full Art, Deoxys Ex and Latios Ex, Rock Guard, 8 Holos and 6 new reverses.

Spoiler:

Years
Got a Blastoise Kalos Power Trio Tin for Christmas.

Furious Fists Pack 1: Heracross, Herbal Energy
Furious Fists Pack 2: reverse holo Golurk, Politoed, Sparkling Robe
Flashfire Pack: Skuntank, Protection Cube
Plasma Blast Pack: secret rare Dusknoir

All in all, a pretty good tin.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened the final Kalos Starter 3 pack and got a Cheran Full Art, I now have every full art trainer from Boundaries Crossed-Furious Fists.

A few days ago I bought 3 cards online, I was contemplating buying the whole set but in the end narrowed it down to 4 cards, then 3 cards as the 4th was too expensive. I just bought the 3 cards I wanted from the set.
The first card came today.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
The second card came yesterday.

Spoiler:

The 3rd card came today but it was damaged with 3 creases and it was dirty like they had never out it in a sleeve. It was listed as near mint so I'm returning it and will probably try Amazon since I got the other from there.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Yesterday I got a couple Flashfire 3 packs. They both contained Kangaskhan Ex's and in the packs with the Kangaskhan's were Binacle reverses.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
I am 33 years old, just now getting into Pokemon when my little nephew was buying the shit out of them with his Christmas money, he let me open a pack and a Pikachu popped up and I asked him if I could have it, he obliged, it instilled in my a strange feeling of my childhood when I remembered the character even though I never collected the cards, I placed the Pikachu in a sleeve and then also a toploader he gave me and went home that night and threw it onto my coffee table.

Something must have come over me from the feeling I had about that card, the next day I went with him to buy more, only this time for myself also. I became obsessed...I think these trading cards appeal to my addictive nature. For some reason also I am obsessed only with the old school characters, mainly Charizard, Blastoise, and Pikachu.

In fact since that day I woke up with the Pikachu I have spent abou 300$ on Pokemon for me and my nephew, my nephew wants a Mega Manatric EX and I am on a godly quest for a Mega Blastoise EX, Mega Charizard EX Blue/Orange but mostly the blue one cause the art is so fucking cool, so I only open XY and Flashfire and he opens Phantom forces....sucks cause I cleared out 2 local targets and a walmart of all the Flashfire, thinking I will have to order a FF booster box online to feed my addiction.

Anyways to the topic of this thread, what have I gotten that is of note from all my expenditures since last weekend, when my quest for ultra rare Pokemon cards began...

The crown jewel - A Mega Kangaskhan EX - Now I didn't even know this card was obtainable in a Flashfire booster cause my nephew told me it was from Furious Fists, I was interested in the guy cause I read about him but when he popped it was quite the feeling, just getting a Mega was so fucking great! I cant wait till I pop a Mega Charizard Blue!!!!

Charizard EX 12/106 - Now this card is bad ass, the art is fucking rad, in fact I think I like it more than the Kangaskhan but knowing it is not as rare takes away from the dopamine that is injected into my brain when my gamblish nature is stroked.

Charizard EX 11/106 - Like this card, but Charizards face is to rounded making him look like a stuffed animal or something, but it is a Charizard so I adore it regardless.

Dialga EX 62/119 - Now this card is so fucking pimp looking, I can not even tell what Dialga really is(A dragon?) from the art on this card, but the card is bad ass anyways, I don't even want to know what Dialga really looks like cause this art makes him an enigma full of power!

Thanks for listening to my story of how I entered the world of Pokemon TCG, I will be sure to report back when I pull the Holy Grail, the Mega Charizard EX Blue version.

Wish me luck.

P.S. And yes I know, I could just spend my money on buying the cards directly from a seller...but where is the fun in that? Opening the boosters is a blast!

Last edited:
Years
I've brought a fair few booster packets recently and the decent pulls were:

A full art Korrina 111/111 in the Furious fists set.
A full art Malamar EX 115/119. [Not sure of the set]
Blastoise EX 29/146 [Again not sure of the set]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I went to Walgreens today and bought 2 tins, I also got some Boundaries Crossed/Dragons Exalted packs from Walmart and 5 Phantom Forces/1 XY pack(s) from Gamestop. I opened all but 4 of the Phantom Forces and 1 of the Boundaries Crossed.

The Emboar Tin had the Rocket Helmet SR, my second one. The first one I got back on Sept 4th, 2013. So it's my 10th SR, all pulled from something other then a booster box.

The Reshiram Tin contained Dialga Ex, the single PF pack I picked out of the 5 packs I got had a Gengar Ex. I got some holos and 3 new reverse holos as well. The holos I still need from the sets I bought are Vivillon Pink, Vivillon Orange, Raichu, Slurpuff(XY), Pyroar, Hydreigon, Slurpuff(PF), Vileplume, Electivire(BC).

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened the last Boundaries Crossed pack today as well as the other PF packs and got a Full Art Cresselia in the BC pack.

It's interesting that I can only get a few of ultra rares from the set and not others. With DE I got each Full Art one after the other with only 1 duplicate. But in BC I have 3 Celebi Full Arts, 2 Cresselia Full Arts, 2 Bianca Full Arts, 1 Skyla Full Art and 2 Rocky Helmet SR's. Still can't find Landorus, Keldeo, Black Kyurem or White Kyurem in Full Art, thinking about getting a 3rd booster box, you can't get Celebi Full Art in 3 boxes can you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back