• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I also don't see why they would choose to take Mewtwo's tail and turn it into part of the head.
This. So much this. A Mewtwo forme would still have a tail. This...thing has a normal waist and rear end.

I'm starting to believe the lovechild of Mewtwo and Jessie idea. #Joke

Cyclone

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
This looks SO much better than the poster. I was against the design but now i find it Kinda cool.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
One thing for sure, this is gonna take for me to get used to it.

I don't really hate TOO much. I just really wish it wasn't true.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2018
Not a HUUUGE fan but hey, it could have been worse. And we finally have something new to talk about. Though I wish they revealed a little bit more about Gen 6. :)

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Read this somewhere. What if This is a more perfect clone of Mew called Mewtwo X(or Y). This is in accordance with the genesect image where there are two boxes beneath Mewtwo. We'll have a Mewtwo X and a Mewtwo Y.

Years
As if that was going to be surprising. It was only a matter of time until we had ourselves a "Lucario/Zoroark" clone of some sort. Considering that this is a "Lucario" clone, as you put it, I wonder what's going to be the next Zoroark?

Makes me wonder if this would be a legendary or not. I can see it playing an important role plot wise possibly.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Its gonna be a new forme. Do you guys really see them giving us Mewtwo in the movie title, only for a new Pokemon to be the real star? No, me neither. Just how its gonna play out, I'm gonna say wait till CoroCoro. If we're getting a movie trailer on the 18th, is safe to assume that we might get something from CoroCoro with its event.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
So I just came to the realization that this probably means Mewthree will get into smash bros over the original Mewtwo. D:

Also had another scare, what if they call this new pokemon Mewx or Mewxy? That would be terrible.

Lastly with the inclusion of this pokemon, do you think it might mean that Team Rocket will be the main villains in Pokemon XY?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
So I just came to the realization that this probably means Mewthree will get into smash bros over the original Mewtwo. D:

Also had another scare, what if they call this new pokemon Mewx or Mewxy? That would be terrible.

Lastly with the inclusion of this pokemon, do you think it might mean that Team Rocket will be the main villains in Pokemon XY?

No they won't

A lot of people here seem to forget that in the games, Team Rocket had no relation to Mewtwo at all, Mewtwo was birthed by a group of scientists in a mansion on Cinnabar island, these scientists were independent and had no affiliation with Team Rocket whatsoever.
Mewtwo was only created by Team Rocket in the anime, which as we should all know by now, is non-canon. So no, Team Rocket will not be in X and Y cause of this new Mew clone, because they never had anything to do with Mew in the games at all.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
First glance, I was disapointed. But now I'm over it. It looks really awesome! I'm still hoping this is going to be a new Pokémon rather than a new Mewtwo forme.
The Pokemon Company International stated that this is a new Pokemon, but has a connection with Mewtwo. But hey, Mewtwo is also connected with Mew and these are still 2 different Pokemon. Mewthree?

And btw, we can savely say this is a Psychic type, right?

blue

gucci
Years
I'll say this, it is better than any previous formes in legendaries we've had (IMO) i.e Kyurem, Giratina, Keldeo etc. If it is a new Pokemon then even better!

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Its gonna be a new forme. Do you guys really see them giving us Mewtwo in the movie title, only for a new Pokemon to be the real star? No, me neither. Just how its gonna play out, I'm gonna say wait till CoroCoro. If we're getting a movie trailer on the 18th, is safe to assume that we might get something from CoroCoro with its event.

Movie titles aren't always final. Wouldn't be the first time that they had one title only to change it later on to prevent any kind of spoiler. If I remember right, they did it with the Zoroark movie.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
An image is better here.

Also, I call fake. The poster was for B/W/B2/W2. It looks like a horrible Photoshop.

mewtwoformes.png

blue

gucci
Years
This would have been more suited for the 20th anniversary if you ask me but I wonder what role it will play in game, Mewtwo could also be a major part of X & Y.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
An image is better here.

Also, I call fake. The poster was for B/W/B2/W2. It looks like a horrible Photoshop.

mewtwoformes.png

But that poster might be giving a hint that our new Pokemon could be a new forme for Mewtwo rather than a new Pokemon related a Mewtwo, because it's placed on the same position as Mewtwo from the previous poster.

Years
It'd be cool if it was some failed Mew experiment; hence the similarities to Mewtwo. I really hope it's not a Mewtwo evolution/alternate form-surely, even Gamefreak is not capable of producing such blasphemy. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2015
mewtwoformwebsite.jpg

In regards to this picture...

People think that this shows Genesect along with its other 4 forms below, meaning Mewtwo will have 2 forms of its own. But we already know that the Shiny Genesect seems to be the leader of the other 4 that escaped. Perhaps it isn't different forms, but a team vs team idea with the leaders at the top?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Meaning maybe this new Mewtwo-like creature is one of Mewtwo's henchman, and that there is another that could also be at his side? Perhaps the two new ones, if there is another new one yet to be seen, are both failed experiments and it's a kind of experimentation war? That'd be a pretty solid plot point, honestly.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Your theory could become reality.
And this new Form/Pokemon has to be a brand new Pokémon. The official site is hinting it;
"Who is this new Pokemon?"
"Newly discovered Pokemon."
"Shares some traits with Mewtwo."
And also questionmarks beneath his artwork. Why would they conceil its name if it is just a Mewtwo? Why? Why the questionmarks? Because it is a new species!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back