• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
Good to see you went Limey-chan. It sounds like you had fun too. :)

Di Maria is a very questionable move in my opinion especially for the price that has been agreed. Like you say they could clearly do with players in other positions, especially centre back and centre mid. I think they might be banking on Fellaini doing the job he should never be told to do (holding midfielder when he was clearly better as an offensive player) and I suspect they think having Di Maria will let them play Mata centrally more often which he is more effective at. The second reason I can understand because otherwise Mata is effectively a £40m Valencia/Ashley Young/other bad United winger, but to pay £59m to avoid that is odd. Add in the shirt sales of Di Maria though and it explains it to an extent.

If they have £10-15m to throw on a centre back after that then it will be fine in my opinion, but otherwise it will definitely be criticised come the end of the season should they perform poorly. This might slow Januzaj's development down a little too which would be concerning.

At the very least (and it really would be a small thing if they fail again) it means United have another bit of star quality even if they do finish 7th again.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
He has played a box to box sort of role for both Madrid and his international side, until they're fully sorted I suppose there always is that option. He's probably better than a lot of their options in the middle right now. They are in desperate need of some physical presence in the middle still.

Going to ruin our winning run tonight. I can feel it.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Ended up 3 - 1 but didn't really deserve it. Josh Murphy handles on the line saving a goal and then minutes later he scores a 'goal of the month contender'.

van Laal.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Seeing Man United losing to MK Dons is laughable. It just goes to show that only the might of Alex Ferguson actually made the team a force to be reckoned with. Now.... it's even more funny to see them losing. XD

EDIT: MK Dons go 4-0 up.... IM IN TEARS FROM LAUGHING SO MUCH XD

Years
coughQPRcoughCardiffcough

*clears throat* Ahem so anyway yeah that was comically bad for United. At least Anderson is probably down to his last few games for them though.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Few sources saying that Vadis Odjidja is in Norwich for his medical this morning. Also supposedly in for Juve defender Frederik Sorensen and Falkirk starlet Conor McGrandles. Considering Ryan Bennett is sidelined for a couple of months and we have already taken Falkirk's manager and best coach these sound reasonable. Don't really know anything about these players though.

Edit - Falkirk player in. Some much needed AMC cover and maybe long term Wessi replacement. Apparently some people rate him higher than that kid that went off to Lisbon from Dundee.

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/504684060883812353

Last edited:
Years
Well if he's really better than Gauld then that's quite the acquisition.

Rooney England captain, Colback in the England squad. While most people will be jumping off a tall building after reading those two things, I'm happy with both. It's a shame Hodgson had to ruin it all by calling Colback a 'ginger Pirlo' though.

Years
I'm sure Cellino said he'd wait it out before sacking him after trying to sack him the first time. Either way this was inevitable. I'm just sad they managed to rob three points from us while they were this bad.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Vadis finally signs. €3m rising to €5m with addons apparently.

Now that means either Surman or Tettey will probably leave in the next few days. Please don't be Tettey.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
I am completely shocked to see Man City lose 1-0 at home to Stoke and looking forward to seeing the team I support tomorrow Aston Villa.

Anyone watching the Everton vs Chelsea thats on now 2-1 at half time, Chelsea's 2nd goal was offside in my opinion

EDIT: WHAT A GAME ended 6-3, 13 mins of unbelievable football when the game went from 2-1 to 5-3

Last edited:
Years
Another horrible week in the FPL so far. I expected Stoke to concede a few so I kept Begovic and Bardsley on the bench. {D:}

Back