• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
I'm not 100% sure but I think SMCA/SMEA provides the option of choosing the X and Y coordinates for the tile you want the player to start on. You can use AdvanceMap to find the coordinates if that's easier for you.

i checked and unfortunately it doesn't T_T

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
More Questions ( If I have No Limited Questions)
Q1 : In Advance Text Can I Edit The Whole Game Text or Just the Intro and these things?
Q2 : Is There Any way To Skip Fixing the Clock, Going to Brich house and helping him from the Poochyena, So I Start By Going to his Lab and Getting My Pokemon ????

If Anyone Can help me with a Title Screen say yes and I'll PM him

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
i checked and unfortunately it doesn't T_T
Try resizing the map. Then you can move the room around and fill the rest with black. This way you'll be able to move where the player starts without changing anything.

More Questions ( If I have No Limited Questions)
Q1 : In Advance Text Can I Edit The Whole Game Text or Just the Intro and these things?
Q2 : Is There Any way To Skip Fixing the Clock, Going to Brich house and helping him from the Poochyena, So I Start By Going to his Lab and Getting My Pokemon ????

If Anyone Can help me with a Title Screen say yes and I'll PM him
1) It can edit any text in the ROM.
2) Yes, by scripting (and other things).

How can I edit the Boot Screen of Ruby? Never saw a tutorial. what is the number?
Theres on by Pounder_Zeikku in the Documents and Tutorials forum.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
Thrace No there is no Tutorial By Pounder_Zeikku All are For FR/LG
Also I Changed the Title Screen and I Get this Error When I Click "Write to rom"
Error = "Compressed size is 6A8. Which is too big. Aborting"
the I Click Ok But It Doesn't Update the Rom

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Thrace No there is no Tutorial By Pounder_Zeikku All are For FR/LG
Also I Changed the Title Screen and I Get this Error When I Click "Write to rom"
Error = "Compressed size is 6A8. Which is too big. Aborting"
the I Click Ok But It Doesn't Update the Rom
Its the same method. It should be around the same number as the other titlescreen graphics.

It means you need to insert what ever it is you're trying to insert into empty space instead of trying to overwrite.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Question: Where in unLz-GBA can I edit the big "Team Aqua Sign" that appears when you battle an Aqua grunt? (EMERALD please)
Whats the number, and can I just normally edit it in unLZ-GBA?

Also, same question, but then for the "Team rocket Sign" that appears in FIRERED, What's the number?

(By "signs" I mean the lgo you'll see right before a battle with team aqua/team rocket starts. You know, the screen get's all blurry, the battle music starts, and then ya see the logo.)

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
I only have one question:

How do I find the offsets Pokémon's palettes on APE (Emerald version)?

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
How can I edit the Boot Screen of Ruby? Never saw a tutorial. what is the number?
It's 1635 I Found it now :D
Same As FR/LG Tutorials
Now My Last Question about unLZ GBA i've got indexed sprites and it says on most of the sprites when i click write to rom it says:-
"Compressed size is 6A8. Which is too big. Aborting"
Please help everybody

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
It's 1635 I Found it now :D
Same As FR/LG Tutorials
Now My Last Question about unLZ GBA i've got indexed sprites and it says on most of the sprites when i click write to rom it says:-
"Compressed size is 6A8. Which is too big. Aborting"
Please help everybody

Simple. The sprite you are inserting is bigger than the sprite data that the current sprite uses. If you are inserting new pokemon, look at Torferno-X's doc, as that is pretty handy, and even if you are not, it still helps a bit.

espa_roba11

I'm gay, yay!
Years
You're supposed to do it with A-Trainer, I think only certain values work, I've never tried it myself before. Find a trainer that has the music you want then use that value.

It didn't work, it just only changes the music of when you encounter trainers, not the battle themes.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
Simple. The sprite you are inserting is bigger than the sprite data that the current sprite uses. If you are inserting new pokemon, look at Torferno-X's doc, as that is pretty handy, and even if you are not, it still helps a bit.
Torferno-X Is That a member here?
if yes give me his doc link
Also The Sprites are the Same size 64x64

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
@Med0
To fix the "it is too large, Aborting" problem, this is what you do:
You uncheck the "auto abort if new data is bigger"
You check the "automatically fix pointers"
In the Image offset box, Type in a new offset that has lots of free space. If you're new to hacking, an offset that usually has free space is 845000, so in the box you type 00845000.

Ok, now onto my question:

Is it possible to fit three regions into one game, without expanding the game?

If I have to resort to expanding, how would I work with Amap's scripts? Meaning like if I make a script and I want to set the offset for a script on a person or tile, how would I type in the longer offset? It wouldn't work and would gives errors because it's a larger offset.

Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I'm not sure about R/S/E, but FR/LG only has enough space to fit two regions into the world map, because of the Sevii Islands.

I you want more regions, you might have to switch to game making, in the forum below the Emulation forum. ;3

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
If I have to resort to expanding, how would I work with Amap's scripts? Meaning like if I make a script and I want to set the offset for a script on a person or tile, how would I type in the longer offset? It wouldn't work and would gives errors because it's a larger offset.
It would be slightly harder. You'd probably have to put the pointer to a place then put "goto" whereever the actual script is. :\

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
It would be slightly harder. You'd probably have to put the pointer to a place then put "goto" whereever the actual script is. :\

Can you expand on how I would make this pointer? Do you mean by in hex like if you want to point to 801000 you would put 00108008 in the place where you said the script would be?

OR do you mean by just plainly in XSE making a script that says "goto [Offset]"?

Oh, and I think you guys misunderstood what I said. I didn't say anything about the world map. What I meant is, is it possible to fit three full regions into the game (not world map)? Like you know how in Shiny Gold there's Jhoto and Kanto? Well would it be possible to include maybe Jhoto, Kanto, and a third region like 2 cities smaller than Jhoto? (WITHOUT expanding) Like is there enough space? I know Ruby has the most free space, and Emerald is bloated with not too much space. However I do know that there's TONS of space. (I'm guessing ruby has about 7mb free space since almost half of it in hex is FF. Whereas I've heard Emerald has like 2mb of free space.)

Oh and does UNLZ work with expanded games? Also you can create a map in your expanded game correct?

One last thing.. You know how pointers in hex are reversed and setup as such: 5B37CD would be CD375B08. How would I go about making a pointer to a 7 digit offset?

Thanks in advance people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back