• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Improving on Trades?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Do you they'll improve on link and wi-fi trades? Or do you think that they'll leave trading alone?

Honestly I'd like to see more improvements on link trades like being able to stop in the middle of a trade if you decide you don't want that Pokemon anymore.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Do you they'll improve on link and wi-fi trades? Or do you think that they'll leave trading alone?

Honestly I'd like to see more improvements on link trades like being able to stop in the middle of a trade if you decide you don't want that Pokemon anymore.
Can you hear the trolls coming?
Being able to stop a trade as it's happening would be a very bad idea.
If anything I want to be able to trade multiple Pokemon at the same time instead of one by one.

Plus more emotes for TB. ♥

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Stopping trades would be total troll material.
It's bad enough that trolls use techniques in battling for instant and easy wins.

I'd like to see NPC trades offer a wider selection of valid Pokemon to give, and to get.
though I'm sure this is about Wi-Fi Trades

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I'd like to be able to trade six Pokemon at once, that would save so much time for all those people who have to transfer there Pokemon through the games. Also, they really need to fix the GTS. I see so many people asking for Level 1 Zekroms and Reshirams, why not make it you can't ask for them because it's impossible to get them? This would go for all legendaries, because its really annoying.

If they could do those two things it would be much easier and efficient to trade.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Stopping mid-trade would piss me off. That'd be annoying and like Mia said, TROLLS. And I agree with Zet, trading three at a time would be great. BW made us think we were getting that, when really, we just got a tedious "are you sure?!" fest basically. And you got to pick three for people to choose from. I guess that's nice and all, but trading three at a time would be even better than just choosing from three.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I definitely agree with being allowed to trade multiple Pokemon at once. When I first traded in BW I thought this would be the case since you could show three Pokemon, but then it turned out that wasn't the case, which made me sad ;; (At least they let you choose Pokemon from your box so you didn't have to move 'em to your party. Which I hope they keep for this Gen.)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well if you watched the Pokemon Direct Itawa talked an awful lot about trading though the games which makes me think that these games are going to expand on trade (which hasn't really been done since DP as can be seen when Itawa quickly named Pt, HgSs, BW, B2W2). The three pokemon thing sounds nice :) Also perhaps these games will give us more reasons to trade beyond just getting pokemon (like more pokemon evolve by trade for example, maybe when traded alongside pokemon X and Y (no not the mascots))

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Only thing I can think of is increase the amount you can trade at once. I mean we can offer 3 pokemon at a time so why not trade them at the same time as well? I believe they already improved the time it takes between trades so for me not much left to improve. Would be nice to seem them eliminate stupid offers on GTS, but I would use Trader Corner first anyways...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I hope they make it where we can trade more than 1 pokemon at a time. Tradeing 1 at a time can be really really time consumeing and annoying.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Yeah, I'm sure they'll improve on link and Wi-Fi trades, it surely would be bound to use Nintendo Network for trades who knows, they might make it so that you'll be able to trade more than one Pokémon at a time. ;)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I sincerely hope this will mean no more impossible trade offers we find from the GTS if Pokemon X and Y are incompactible with Gen V, which means no more hacks.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Can you hear the trolls coming?
Being able to stop a trade as it's happening would be a very bad idea.
If anything I want to be able to trade multiple Pokemon at the same time instead of one by one.

Plus more emotes for TB. ♥

Yeah I tend to trade alot if I'm selling my game but want to keep my pokemon so this would be a handy feature. and maybe stop the trade only if both people agree too to take out the troll factor xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah I want trading more than one at the same time. :( It's so tiring to have to do the offering thing and just being able to choose more than one... would be amazing.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Haha if I was trading and some stopped in the middle I would probably be pissed. I like the trading system as it is. The only thing I would like to add would be more emoticons and the ability to trade more than one pokemon at a time. This would save me loads of time for mass trades.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Multiple trades would be wonderful. The trading in the fifth generation felt like a step backwards...pick three Pokemon, then pick one of those three? It was extremely annoying having to select Pokemon repeatedly, and I think we're past the point of doing them one at a time now. Let us access our PC boxes, pick up to six Pokemon, and transfer them all at once. Trading has always been a chore, I think it's time they made it a little more efficient. A "trade and trade back" option would be nice as well, for trade evolution.

And I fully support the idea of putting limits on the GTS so that people can't keep asking for Pokemon that don't legitimately exist. Some sort of limiter that picks up on it...say, they pick a Pokemon, and the minimum level option is the minimum level at which you can actually get it. That'd be wonderful; the GTS is useless half the time because of people asking for silly things.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Multiple trades would be wonderful. The trading in the fifth generation felt like a step backwards...pick three Pokemon, then pick one of those three? It was extremely annoying having to select Pokemon repeatedly, and I think we're past the point of doing them one at a time now. Let us access our PC boxes, pick up to six Pokemon, and transfer them all at once. Trading has always been a chore, I think it's time they made it a little more efficient. A "trade and trade back" option would be nice as well, for trade evolution.

And I fully support the idea of putting limits on the GTS so that people can't keep asking for Pokemon that don't legitimately exist. Some sort of limiter that picks up on it...say, they pick a Pokemon, and the minimum level option is the minimum level at which you can actually get it. That'd be wonderful; the GTS is useless half the time because of people asking for silly things.
Six at once would be good but I'm not sure whether that'd be necessarily fast. Like I think it would double the trading time sorta. I mean a lot of information at once has to be transferred and it's slow-ish as it is already.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I would like to be able to trade multiple Pokémon at a time also, and maybe an option for the other person to examine your box and choose. And give the full stat page as well, so you know exactly what you're getting. Also the GTS thing someone mentioned.

Guy

just a guy
Years
There should be no need o stop a trade midway. The number of times they ask if you're sure about your trade makes stopping in the middle of a trade unnecessary in my opinion.

The only real change I'd like to see is being able to trade multiple Pokémon at the same time like many have already suggested. It's really the only thing that needs to be improved on to make trading not move as slow as a Slowpoke. Afterall, trading should be fun not tedious.

Black and White had us thinking "Oh yeah! Trading three Pokémon at the same time; that's awesomesauce, yo!" to "Haha, GameFreak. Still trolling us since 1996." That was a disappointment.

Back