The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old June 29th, 2014, 08:32 AM
iDeathly

Advertise here
I never liked Nintendos maps they made, so began to create my own and i liked them much more
Old July 13th, 2014, 04:42 AM
TheCurryGuy

I played pokemon glazed and absolutely loved it. I wanted to make a hack of my own
so i started learning.

currently working on

Old July 13th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
Pokemon Quartz was the first rom hack I ever played. And after playing a bunch of really awesome ones, I decided I wanted to try my hand at it, especially since I'm an aspiring game designer. I find it fun to alter games and turn them into something completely different. Plus it's always been a dream to create my own Pokemon game, and this is my chance.
Old July 13th, 2014, 06:57 PM
ShantyTown
Forever Young

I picked up Platinum after not playing pokemon since Gold Version, and I forgot how much I liked it. One day, I noticed some "let's play" YouTube videos of a ROM hack. (I think it was Pokemon Naranja). I quickly found out that tree was a big community centered around ROm hacking, and I knew that I wanted to do it, too. Now, 5 years later, here I am.

Old July 14th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Queen Azura
Mistress of Midnight

Nature: Sassy
For me, my inspiration to create a ROM hack was actually the music of the games. I was listening to Pokemon Emerald's music for nostalgia, saw the soundfonts were available online, and thought to myself, "Hey, I could make my own Pokemon soundtracks!"

It didn't take long for that to progress into "I could make my own Pokemon game!"

It's going to be even rougher than I expected, but I'm pretty excited as I keep progressing and learning about hacking.

. : | cast off the fleeting, transient world | : .
. : | Pokemon Celesta Version | : .
Old July 14th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Cloudfury

Nature: Quiet
I've always wanted to make my own video game~ Something unique, refreshing from the current pokemon games. And because, you know, no one likes to replay Ruby for the billionth time XD

The first I heard of the hack realm was from Ruby destiny playthroughs on youtube. Then some time later I found the glorious hack section on here.

I support
-Pokemon Sweet version
-Pokemon Glazed
-Sovereign of the Skies
Useful hack tutorials I use
-Voicegroups for Inserting Music (Firered)
-Custom Battle Backgrounds(Firered)
-Custom 256/240 color Titlescreen (Firered)
-Animated Tiles
-Overworld insert/size change
Old July 19th, 2014, 09:16 PM
bunny24680
Instead of making your life easy, try to make it meaningful...

Nature: Brave
When I had finished playing Gen 3 games, I moved on to hacks and I was amazed how these hacks have entirely new storyline, new cities and routes and even new pokemon. It was like there is a new adventure everytime. I thought maybe I could also provide this world with a brand new adventure of my own.

Another thing was that I found that most hacks were incomplete like to onely 5-6
badges. I never liked that. I couldn't wait for new betas to come. So I decided to
make a complete hack once and for all.

I know I'm not very good at hacking but somehow, I think I created a good hack
named Pokemon Galacta!!
Visit the official webpage for all the info on features, updates, solutions of bugs, etc:

https://sites.google.com/site/pokemongalactabunny/

The Final Updated file (12/09/2014) available. Download .ips file directly at:

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/1fd730d8

Old July 30th, 2014, 07:42 AM
ManofEcstasy

I liked Ash Gray so much that I modified it to make it as good as possible.

Last edited by ManofEcstasy; August 1st, 2014 at 07:14 AM.
Old August 1st, 2014, 09:01 AM
Mentalink

Nature: Quiet
Started a few months ago but I basically only have a few maps and the story in mind for now since there's school and all. :[
My desire to make my own Pokemon game was there since Gold and Silver probably. I always loved the idea of creating my own game, giving life to whatever I wanted... I have a pretty nice imagination so I fantasized a lot about it. But I thought it was impossible, and when I eventually learned about hacking, I thought it was way too hard and time consuming for me... and it kinda is, haha.
But it's also way easier, somehow, that I imagined it to be, thanks to all the tools etc. And since it's very interesting anyway I'm happy to learn about it. :]
Old August 1st, 2014, 12:29 PM
tzujm33

After having heard about pokemon hacks, i wanted to make my own because i found the normal games to easy.
Old August 6th, 2014, 03:35 AM
fasmistic

Well I've recently been playing mirage of tales and it has come soo close to what I want in a hack. But it still doesn't fit the exact description of the one rom I want to play. I've always wanted to play as the bad guy, and all the hacks that allow this are good, but not great. So I wanted to make a great one

Pokemon Bad Gone Badder is the name (not sure if I'll change it) but I'm kinda struggling with learning how to script. Oh well
Old August 7th, 2014, 10:29 AM
CJBlazer
Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon

Nature: Serious
I am an author and have been one since the age of 12. I figured its time to take my fanfiction novel, Pokemon: League Masters, a step further and started reading up on how to build a game. I decided to learn how to hack and now want to make my two games just as they are in my stories.

Plus, the experience is really good as I am learning new things by doing this.

From left to right, Rogetta, Rogon, Rogastar.
Old August 7th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Magic

I think I started hacking mainly for the idea of putting a story out there. What has kept me going? Probably the evolving community - there are always new tools, tutorials and techniques to try out and utilise, and with enough creativity there are niches to be filled out in the RH community - I guess I aspire to filling one of those gaps, eventually.

Without works by some major people, like Lu-Ho and Hackmew (and many many more), I doubt many of us would still be persisting.
Old August 9th, 2014, 08:29 PM
DarkenedEclipse
Slowly Learnin' the Ropes👍👌

Nature: Bold
I don't know if the thread is old but I'd like to share my story...

It was a few years when I looked into this new concept. I liked the idea of discovering and learning how to share my own creation and make it to my customs and get suggestions how to make them better.... Rom hacking to me is like a puzzle: putting all the little bits and pieces of hard work together to create a big picture. Something with working with graphics and learning how to script got me to love this activity as well as the community behind it
Old August 13th, 2014, 02:02 AM
TheAllKnowingBeing
Rom Hacker

Nature: Brave
Pokemon Light Platinum, The first hack I played, after playing it I knew that I had to make my own, Or even better, Make one with everyone's ideas in it.
  • Insulting feedback is bad, it crushes the spirit and makes one no longer want to continue work on his/her creation. However Insulting feedback can occasionally make one work harder, to prove other's wrong.
Old August 17th, 2014, 03:07 PM
TheMangekyoKing

I made a Pokemon hack because there were always things about the original games that i would have liked to change so when i figured out I could hack I instantly started doing it.

-------------------------------

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here