Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old December 29th, 2014 (08:02 AM).
The ???
The one true question mark

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by GoGoJJTech:
You're supposed to edit the ini, not change the gamecode. The tool won't magically understand what MrDS's rombase is lol
Sorry lol. But that was something someone suggested me to do in my post in beginners lounge.
Anyway I even tried to change the game code in INI too, are there some other changes to do too?
I even tried changing numberofmons to 750 (that I expanded) but still just blanks everywhere.

Face the sunshine and you'll never see the shadow.
Stay Positive
Old December 29th, 2014 (08:03 AM).
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by The '???':
Sorry lol. But that was something someone suggested me to do in my post in beginners lounge.
Anyway I even tried to change the game code in INI too, are there some other changes to do too?
I even tried changing numberofmons to 750 (that I expanded) but still just blanks everywhere.
You have to change the offsets of the tables in which the tools read from so that it can read from those tables. If you leave everything default nothing will appear.
Old December 29th, 2014 (08:13 AM).
The ???
The one true question mark

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by GoGoJJTech:
You have to change the offsets of the tables in which the tools read from so that it can read from those tables. If you leave everything default nothing will appear.
Well.. don't get mad but, how? I just began editing /hacking (if it can be called that for now), but I am unable go use most of the tools because they are made for default ROM.
A little detailed step-wise procedure would be appreciated. Mine is default MrDS's ROM (with a few sprite changes and expanded dex (to 750))

Face the sunshine and you'll never see the shadow.
Stay Positive
Old 4 Weeks Ago (06:40 AM).
Urritguyz
What's going on everyone

Nature: Adamant
So I downloaded the unnamed trainer editor and it's great, but when I open up MrDollSteak's Patched ROM (Decap and Attack), it won't let me edit moves. Everything else is fine, I can even give trainers added in items like eviolite , but it won't let me touch the moves. I've already changed the .ini file with the one MrDollSteak provided in his patch. Any ideas?
Old 4 Weeks Ago (04:41 PM).
ShyRayq
Unprofessional Unprofessional

Quote originally posted by Urritguyz:
So I downloaded the unnamed trainer editor and it's great, but when I open up MrDollSteak's Patched ROM (Decap and Attack), it won't let me edit moves. Everything else is fine, I can even give trainers added in items like eviolite , but it won't let me touch the moves. I've already changed the .ini file with the one MrDollSteak provided in his patch. Any ideas?
Are you editing normal trainers? Or like gym leaders/elite four?
There are 4 types of trainers: Normal mooks where you can't edit moves or items, where you can edit moves, you can edit items, and ones where you can edit both.
You most likely are dealing with the 3rd kind.
In order to edit moves on a normal trainer, you're gonna have to repoint their data as moves take up extra data. If its gym leaders you're editing, double check the ini, and the offsets of the move names.
Live Pokedex (Y) Completed as of 02/03/14 (718), 10/11/14 (719)
Live Pokedex (OR) Completed as of 25/12/14 (719)
Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X, Elements1 and ~RNC~

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (03:40 AM).
Urritguyz
What's going on everyone

Quote originally posted by ShyRayq:
Are you editing normal trainers? Or like gym leaders/elite four?
There are 4 types of trainers: Normal mooks where you can't edit moves or items, where you can edit moves, you can edit items, and ones where you can edit both.
You most likely are dealing with the 3rd kind.
In order to edit moves on a normal trainer, you're gonna have to repoint their data as moves take up extra data. If its gym leaders you're editing, double check the ini, and the offsets of the move names.
It doesn't show up for any of the trainers. The problem may be in the offsets for the moves though, but I have no idea how to deal with that. What offsets do I replace with what? (I am 100% aware of how noobish I am at this)
Old 4 Weeks Ago (05:10 AM).
Lance32497
LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts

It doesn't show up for any of the trainers. The problem may be in the offsets for the moves though, but I have no idea how to deal with that. What offsets do I replace with what? (I am 100% aware of how noobish I am at this)
Your problem is the outdated ini, since Mrdollsteak expanded Pokemon Move, the pointer pointed in the ini is the previous pointer which is now free spaces, try to look on Move pointer in PGE provided on his zipped file

Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:55 PM).
Urritguyz
What's going on everyone

Quote originally posted by Lance32497:
Your problem is the outdated ini, since Mrdollsteak expanded Pokemon Move, the pointer pointed in the ini is the previous pointer which is now free spaces, try to look on Move pointer in PGE provided on his zipped file
Sorry but what does PGE have to do with this? I'm using UTE. And what part is outdated exactly? I downloaded the patch a few days ago. I'm not sure what you mean with pointers. Are you talking about offsets? But either way, I've searched through MrDollSteak's zip File, and didn't find what you're describing. I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see what to do.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (05:06 PM).
ShyRayq
Unprofessional Unprofessional

Sorry but what does PGE have to do with this? I'm using UTE. And what part is outdated exactly? I downloaded the patch a few days ago. I'm not sure what you mean with pointers. Are you talking about offsets? But either way, I've searched through MrDollSteak's zip File, and didn't find what you're describing. I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see what to do.
It's a notepad file called "Table Locations".
Just so its easier for you, the offset for Move Names is "0x901800".
Just replace the offset for the move names in the UTE ini (TrainerEditor.ini) and replace it with the above. Also, change the number of moves to 511.
Live Pokedex (Y) Completed as of 02/03/14 (718), 10/11/14 (719)
Live Pokedex (OR) Completed as of 25/12/14 (719)
Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X, Elements1 and ~RNC~

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (11:53 PM).
Urritguyz
What's going on everyone

Quote originally posted by ShyRayq:
It's a notepad file called "Table Locations".
Just so its easier for you, the offset for Move Names is "0x901800".
Just replace the offset for the move names in the UTE ini (TrainerEditor.ini) and replace it with the above. Also, change the number of moves to 511.

THANK YOU.

Now I can finally apply the patch. Thanks to you sir, for helping a novice hacker out
Old 4 Weeks Ago (02:49 AM).
Lance32497
LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts

THANK YOU.

Now I can finally apply the patch. Thanks to you sir, for helping a novice hacker out
Replacing pointers wouldnt be so hard lol, I'm glad you're done with your problem

Old 3 Weeks Ago (07:03 AM).
Zef
zef

yo, what's up with the IVs section in unnamed trainer editor
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links