• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
It looks great. It looks exactly like the one from D/P. I have one thing to say, though. I know it is a very small problem, but the the curve at the bottom of the lowercase Y is missing its shadow.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
The new look and revamped bag system
Third time's a charm

Ok everyone, this is it.
My third and hopefully final version of the bag system.

After running into trouble coding the Diamond/Pearl bag system, I decided to make my own bag system from scratch. I got some mixed reactions to the diamond/pearl bag, some saying it was too complicated. So this new version is really simple.
I've coded it all into the main menu so it works right off the bat.

The bag now has a simple interface.
Press the number 1 or 3 keys to change the bag pocket, and the left and right arrows to change the highlighted slot.
Items will also be highlighted when selected (they appear grey when not selected).
The number of the item of which you are highlighting appears on the bottom right of the bag screen.

Here are some images:
revampedbagscreenshot1oe2.png
revampedbagscreenshot2rs4.png

And again, like every menu or interface in the game, you can choose to have the background transparent through the options menu.

revampedbagscreenshot3ic6.png

Last edited:

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
Nah Neodragons is better becuase what if you buy 99 pokeballs it would look weird having more space than the others{if you have one pokeball and it has no 0 in front}, anyways good job neo dragon I love the more original bag system, cant wait til the next update

- Cutty

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
He can align the numbers to the right... but I guess Don Patch was pointing out more the : than the zero...

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
wow this is awesome, i love the bag screenies it looks better than the DP one! cant wait to see more!

keep it up!

ThaEks

I want a Pokemon!!! ^^,
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 29, 2007
Hey! Great work really!
I'm looking forward for this game.
All these concepts and options, customizations and so on, thei're all just perfect.

Keep up the excelent work!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Thanks everyone for the comments.
If it's a big issue I'll edit the bag so it shows the x5 instead of the x:05. But its not really a big concern since it is something that can be done at a much later date into development.

But I've got a new feature for you.
A New way to level up pokemon.
Information copied from my forums:
Minerals:

In POKeMON Protectors, there will be a new way to level up Pokemon.
By feeding your Pokemon "Mineral tablets" (name may change), your pokemon will gain a level.
In the style of a rare candy, 1 Mineral tablet will gain your pokemon you've given it to by 1 level.

How to get them:
After you defeat a pokemon in battle (wild or trainer), the defated pokemon will drop "Mineral Bits" (again, name may change).
The amount will vary.
Once you have 100 Mineral bits, you can form 1 Mineral Tablet

How to access them:
Minerals will be stored in your "Mineral Box" which will be placed in your key items pocket of your bag.
Simple select your mineral box from the bag to bring up a sub menu....
The sub menu will show you what mineral tablets you have and how many you have got.
The Mineral Box will also show how many Mineral Bits you have.
The Mineral Box's menu will also have the option to convert bits into tablets.

Types of Minerals Tablets:
There will be different types of Mineral Tablets you can get in Pokemon Protectors.
Ordinary Mineral Tablets can be made by the player easly through the Mineral Box sub option.
But special Mineal Tablets can also be made.
Different Mineral Tablets can be made by a Mineral Smith (who will live in the region).
Different Mineral tablets will require different amounts of bits and other special items to make.

The effect of different minerals can effect stats and even bring on a new type of evloution to pokemon.

More info when its available

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So there you have it, a new feaure and a new way to level up Pokemon in the game....
Also, this new feature will bring in a new line of pokemon that can be leveled up using this method on exsiting pokemon.....

Comments and taughts please?

Waudby

Sounds liek a really cool idea. I think 100 mineral bits would be a good number to go with, cos then u dont get too many of them. lol.

keep up the good work.

Merovin

Dragon Master!
Years
Wow, Amazing Ideas You Got Here.
Loving It.
Gotta Keep An Eye On This.
Mineral Idea Is Genious.
Can't Wait To Hear More Of Your Amazing Ideas.
Keep Up The Hard Work.

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
Wow that sounds like an awesome idea. I know where to go if I want to play on a pokemon game with great maps, great stuff (bags), and different stuff (like the mineral things).

Great work Neo Dragon

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Hey everyone. I've been working pretty hard on my game latley, here is what I've done and some couple of screenshots to go with it. ;)
(Screenshots will be at the end of the post)

I'm going to keep what I did in simple form because I did a really confusing post on my forum of what I did and it came across as more of a ramble lol.

Here is what I did:
Coded in basics of Enemy "A.I". Enemy's use the correct attacks according to their level and the attack they use is randomly generated thanks to some nice coding maths with the variables.
- - - - - - -
Bulbasaur has been fully coded in terms of both on the hero/players side and an enemy/wild pokemon side. So that means Bulbasaur is fully usable in battle.
- - - - - - -
I've also coded in the official pokemon battle damage formula. So attacks do the correct ammount of damage that they would do in the official Pokemon games.
- - - - - - -
Mineral Bits are given out after you defeat a enemy pokemon. I've included some maths in the code so that the ammount given out is based on the enemy pokemons' level and is randomly generated between a certain set of numbers depending on the level.
- - - - - - -
Something I havn't showed off yet is the attack menu (which is in the screenshots at the bottom of the post).
That has been coded and shows the right attacks and so on without errors, also selecting attacks works just great so thats done.
- - - - - - -

So without much more delay:

Here are some screenshots of A Bulbasaur -v- a Bulbasaur on a test map...
Showcasing attack animations and attack menu.
attackmenubulbasaur1iq4.png
attackmenubulbasaur2ok7.png

attacksherobulbasaurusixq2.png
attacksenemybulbasaurusqz8.png

Thanks for the support so far everyone and keep all of the support coming on as strong as ever.
Enjoy, and as always leave some comments ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back