• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
3. can anyone tell me how to use and insert scripts using XSE?

thank you guys so much, ~Zero

I can't give you a solution for your first two problems, sorry, but for the third one there's many tutorials on how to use XSE in the documents and tutorials section, but what you'll want to do is first off use a programme that find free space in the rom (E.G FSF - Free space finder) once you've got a free offset you make a Person Event in A-Map and insert your offset in A map, then just head off to the Documents and Tutorials section and look on how to make scripts in XSE. Don't forget to compile your script once you're done. Sorry i can't show any images, I haven't got enough posts -.-

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
1.I'm having trouble importing D/P tiles into my fire red. I've tried importing them using advanced map, but since the palletes don't match, it just shows a green block. (is there anyway to change them using uNLZ, without having to change the palletes, if so can anyone give me the offsets for the tree's tall grass, and buildings)?

You'll have to edit the palettes of the DP tiles to fit with the ones in A-Map; I usually just open the tileset in MS Paint, and use the color dropper to pick the colors and edit the tiles.

Oh, wait.. so you haven't changed the palettes? Well, I guess you could insert DP tiles without editing the palettes.. but they'd have the FR palettes. It'd be better for you to learn how to insert palettes, rather than use the old FR ones.

2.Right now I'm trying to edit the trainer sprite on the intros, not the overworld sprites, but I can't find the offsets, or do I need another program?

I believe that the intro trainer sprite is compressed, so you'll have to find it in unLZ.gba. You will need to know where it is located, though (I don't know it off the top of my head, sorry. >: )

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
In the current maps i am working on I keep getting stuck between the connections, it works fine on direction but when i go back the other direction the game semifreezes with no movement, the connections are matched up so it should be able to go back and forth through paths that i made

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Battle backgrounds

Can somebody tell me how to insert battle backgrounds into a pokemon FireRed rom? A link to a tutorial would be fine. Thanks.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
In the current maps i am working on I keep getting stuck between the connections, it works fine on direction but when i go back the other direction the game semifreezes with no movement, the connections are matched up so it should be able to go back and forth through paths that i made

That sometimes happens to me. Did you fix the connection on BOTH maps? Also, remember, one Connection will be postive (such as 8), the joining will be negative (-8)

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Firaaz Here is a tutorial
go to pkmn hackers online . com and on the left side is a tutorial for back round editing i dont have 15 posts so i cant put a link

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
You'll have to edit the palettes of the DP tiles to fit with the ones in A-Map; I usually just open the tileset in MS Paint, and use the color dropper to pick the colors and edit the tiles.

Oh, wait.. so you haven't changed the palettes? Well, I guess you could insert DP tiles without editing the palettes.. but they'd have the FR palettes. It'd be better for you to learn how to insert palettes, rather than use the old FR ones.

The thing is, whenever I do insert them without editing the palletes the tiles just turn into a green block, and I don't know how to edit the palletes. And whenever I add The DP tiles and edit the palletes, for the trees, It's to big, so it doesn't show the whole tree.

P.S.thank you for answering my questions

nibbsy7

Head of LG Entertainment
Years
Create a new script and put it in there. Or, you can look in Prof. Oak's lab, and open up the scripts through A-Map and XSE (set XSE as your script editor), and find the script that gives you the Pokédex flag to begin with (I don't know it off the top of my head, but I think it's something like 0x828).

I have tried but i cant find the script, I thought i had found it, but nothing different happened. would it be possible for someone to make an ips patch of it? Or make a tutorial, because i am having alot of difficulty making this work.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
The thing is, whenever I do insert them without editing the palletes the tiles just turn into a green block, and I don't know how to edit the palletes. And whenever I add The DP tiles and edit the palletes, for the trees, It's to big, so it doesn't show the whole tree.

P.S.thank you for answering my questions

You kinda contradicted yourself there, saying that you didn't know how to edit palettes, and then you did. o_O

Well, if you know how to edit blocks, palette editing isn't that hard. Just open up the block editor, open up the Palettes menu, and click "Edit Palettes". From there, it's as simple as clicking; I minimize the A-Map window (leaving the palette editor up) and, with my tiles that I want to insert in the background, use the Select Color button. You could also just put in the RGB values for each color.

I have tried but i cant find the script, I thought i had found it, but nothing different happened. would it be possible for someone to make an ips patch of it? Or make a tutorial, because i am having alot of difficulty making this work.

Yes, I see what you're saying; it's a little bit difficult to find that specific script. gave up after three seconds of looking
If all you want to do is add the National Dex, I would suggest making a script that simply sets that flag, and put it in a spot that the player has to walk through (as a trigger script; the green "S" in the event types).

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
Does anyone have a list of Emerald's used variables? I want to be safe when I chose one. XSE's guide said roughly 0x5000 - 0x7FFF is free, but I'm worried I'll interfere with another.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Does anyone have a list of Emerald's used variables? I want to be safe when I chose one. XSE's guide said roughly 0x5000 - 0x7FFF is free, but I'm worried I'll interfere with another.

You can probably trust HackMew's judgment on that as if you can't trust his judgment anyways :P; if it's used, you can always edit the script and select another one.

nibbsy7

Head of LG Entertainment
Years
yayz

Thank You So much Atlus! I finally got it working! Your a legend in modern times and in pokemon hacking terms! ive made it so that you walk over a part after viridian city, and it upgrades your dex! thanks so much!

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
Check the warp numbers.
If they are bigger than the amount of warps in the warp-into map, it will warp you in a random location.

Thanks, ~Watermelon, but I re-checked the warps and all the warps are correct. That's not even the problem because it is warping me to the wrong map. The weird thing is that all the events are still there. When I walk into a map that is supposed to be a small cave with a couple of sprites in it, it warps me to another one of my maps, but still includes the sprites. They are at the right coordinates but on another map. And I am warped to what I think are the right coordinates on that other map. I've included another screenshot so you can see what I mean.
Spoiler:
Now obviously they are not supposed to be there. Correct events, wrong map. That's why I think it's overwriting something. Maybe like the map header or footer or something, because it looks fine in AdvanceMap.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey, on XSE is there a way to open up scripts that are already in the game? Like a search box or something

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
I have a few questions these are all on fire red.

1. On other peoples roms when you beat a gym leader it will say there name and give you badge but i can't change that on advance text it still says [player] got boulderbadge from brock how do i cnage it.

2.on the intro bit before you choose your name and stuff where it tells you the buttons people have changed that how do i?

3.How do i make an IPS file and put it up for download?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back