• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Can I get some help

I can't find my Pokemon White Friend code. I looked around and couldn't find any thing about it. Can some one help me?

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
EV Training Session

Ok, now that I got introduced to what is EV and such, I wanted to EV Train my pokemon for Competitive online battles. Now before I do so, I have some questions.

-How do I know which PkMn to Battle? I want to raise my Speed and Attack, so which Pokemons shall I fight exactly? And how do I know its the right one?

-I heard that EVs are gained by defeating Pokemons everytime, so, does that mean leveling Up fast isn't good? Does that mean leveling up is not important, but killing the pokemon is? If so, does this mean I will get tons of EVs if I fight a low lvl Pokemon but that has a good Attack stats (I won't lvl up fast, but will grind many points out of all the pokemons).

Thanks for your help

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ok, now that I got introduced to what is EV and such, I wanted to EV Train my pokemon for Competitive online battles. Now before I do so, I have some questions.

-How do I know which PkMn to Battle? I want to raise my Speed and Attack, so which Pokemons shall I fight exactly? And how do I know its the right one?

-I heard that EVs are gained by defeating Pokemons everytime, so, does that mean leveling Up fast isn't good? Does that mean leveling up is not important, but killing the pokemon is? If so, does this mean I will get tons of EVs if I fight a low lvl Pokemon but that has a good Attack stats (I won't lvl up fast, but will grind many points out of all the pokemons).

Thanks for your help

Well for the first part, in Black and White, Basculin is good for Speed & Lillipup/Patrat are good for Attack - have a look at the Black and White FAQ for some more information in general - it has detailed information on ev training in these games which can be applied to past ones too.

Levelling up is important, yes, but if you're going to grind it's best to do that afterwards incase you fight the wrong Pokemon throwing off your ev training completely. But yes, you only need to fight a certain amount of low level Pokemon and your evs go up after each battle, so it's not that you need to grind a lot to ev train well. :)

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years

Well for the first part, in Black and White, Basculin is good for Speed & Lillipup/Patrat are good for Attack - have a look at the Black and White FAQ for some more information in general - it has detailed information on ev training in these games which can be applied to past ones too.

Levelling up is important, yes, but if you're going to grind it's best to do that afterwards incase you fight the wrong Pokemon throwing off your ev training completely. But yes, you only need to fight a certain amount of low level Pokemon and your evs go up after each battle, so it's not that you need to grind a lot to ev train well. :)

Ok first, thanks for that Info..ALOT. Second, I have another Question :P
Though its totally unrelated but...can an Infernape and A deerling Breed?!?! I want a Chimchar with Double-Kick.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Why would you want Double Kick? It sucks
They are both in the same egg group, so yes, they can breed.
Well I thought of getting it first but now that I saw all my Infernapes BETTER moves, I neglected it. And yeah it sucks.

Ok, I am in my EV training now, so, here is another question.

Do anyone know which Unova Pokemon can give me 2-3 Attack EV?
Training with the Patrat and Lilipup is Kinda Slow especially with no PkRs and Power Brace. I don't want the power brace since I am EV training for speed as well.

Last edited:

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Well I thought of getting it first but now that I saw all my Infernapes BETTER moves, I neglected it. And yeah it sucks.

Ok, I am in my EV training now, so, here is another question.

Do anyone know which Unova Pokemon can give me 2-3 Attack EV?
Training with the Patrat and Lilipup is Kinda Slow especially with no PkRs and Power Brace. I don't want the power brace since I am EV training for speed as well.

Power brace only cuts speed in battle, not the stat itself. All power items cut speed since I'm guessing their 'heavy'. Anyways patrat and lillipup is your best option. To max attack, use 10 proteins on a Pokemon (100 EV's), Infect the Pokemon with Pokerus (I can do that for you) Obtain a power bracer and equip it on your Pokemon. Then you'll have to fight 15 patrat/lillipups (150 EV's) that makes a total of 250 EV's, take off the bracer and fight 1 more patrat/lillipup (2 EV's) and you will now have a total of 252 EV's in attack!

EV Training speed and HP is faster though since patrat/lillpup give +1 EV's, Basculin (speed) and Stunfisk (HP) Give +2 EV's. So repeat what I said with patrat/lillipup but give it 10 carbos/Hp Up and replace power bracer with power anklet/weight. Defeat 12 Basculin/Stunfisk with power anklet/weight and 2 without the power anklet/weight and you'll have 252 EV's in Speed/HP.

Hopefully I made sense! :P

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Power brace only cuts speed in battle, not the stat itself. All power items cut speed since I'm guessing their 'heavy'. Anyways patrat and lillipup is your best option. To max attack, use 10 proteins on a Pokemon (100 EV's), Infect the Pokemon with Pokerus (I can do that for you) Obtain a power bracer and equip it on your Pokemon. Then you'll have to fight 15 patrat/lillipups (150 EV's) that makes a total of 250 EV's, take off the bracer and fight 1 more patrat/lillipup (2 EV's) and you will now have a total of 252 EV's in attack!

EV Training speed and HP is faster though since patrat/lillpup give +1 EV's, Basculin (speed) and Stunfisk (HP) Give +2 EV's. So repeat what I said with patrat/lillipup but give it 10 carbos/Hp Up and replace power bracer with power anklet/weight. Defeat 12 Basculin/Stunfisk with power anklet/weight and 2 without the power anklet/weight and you'll have 252 EV's in Speed/HP.

Hopefully I made sense! :P

Ok, ok , ok....Are you saying the power items don't cut Speed Stat? only in battle? So all I do is give my pkmn a power brace or whatever its called and I will get ~5EVs in attack from a Lillipup?! If so, THAT'S SO AWESOME!

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Ok, ok , ok....Are you saying the power items don't cut Speed Stat? only in battle? So all I do is give my pkmn a power brace or whatever its called and I will get ~5EVs in attack from a Lillipup?! If so, THAT'S SO AWESOME!

Yeah, you will get 5 EVs in the attack stat fighting a Lillipup/Patrat with power bracer. Power items DO NOT cut speed stats, only in battle. :) Also if your Pokemon has Pokerus you will get +10 EVs for each Lillipup/Patrat knocked out. So thats only 15 Lillipup/Patrat needed till 250 EV's (provided that you used 10 proteins on the Pokemon) and then 1 more Lillipup/Patrat without power bracer for the last 2 EV's.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years

For the top part, just make sure you have a Pokemon with pokerus (either from trades - ask in quick trade thread maybe) or finding it in the wild by battling wild Pokemon, and then put that Pokemon in your party, then start battling with that Pokemon. After a few battles it'll have spread the pokerus around the party and boom, 6 of your Pokemon have pokerus. Just remember to box them after. :x
Pokerus would be very hard to come by on my own, right? So the only dependable way to get it would be to trade with someone who has it?

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Pokerus would be very hard to come by on my own, right? So the only dependable way to get it would be to trade with someone who has it?

Yep, coming across Pokerus is very rare, not as rare as a shiny if I'm correct, you will need to trade with someone in the trade corner who offers pokerus, many do, including me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2021
Yep, coming across Pokerus is very rare, not as rare as a shiny if I'm correct, you will need to trade with someone in the trade corner who offers pokerus, many do, including me.

I have pokerus on my pokemon and would be happy to make a trade. btw, How do you use the Wifi Room? I tried going in with a friend overseas, and he didn't show up in the room. We've both registered each other in our Pal Pads and tried reentering the room, but it still doesn't work. Any help please?

Also, is there any way to make a request on the GTS for a pokemon you haven't 'seen' or a have a picture of in the pokedex?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Can someone tell me where is the best spot(or pokemon) to improve Sp Atk on my EV pokemon ?
And speed to please .

For spA, go to Celestial Tower, everything you fight = spA evs.
Aaand for speed, go to route 3, you'll find Basculin & Blitzle there as well as Woobat in the cave nearby. :)

Years
  • TN
  • Seen Sep 6, 2011
Scyther/Scizor on white

This isn't a trade request, its just a question.
Is it possible to trade a scyther to white early in the game? Im on my way to get my 4th badge, and id really like to level up and play with a scyther as I go the storyline in white.
I was just wondering if it was possible because on my gf's soulsilver I traded her all her level 30+ Pokemon from her sapphire and she was only on her 6th badge. I dont want to wait until I can poke transfer because that kind defeats the purpose of me wanting to go through the storyline with the scyther.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Is it possible to trade a scyther to white early in the game? Im on my way to get my 4th badge, and id really like to level up and play with a scyther as I go the storyline in white.
I was just wondering if it was possible because on my gf's soulsilver I traded her all her level 30+ Pokemon from her sapphire and she was only on her 6th badge. I dont want to wait until I can poke transfer because that kind defeats the purpose of me wanting to go through the storyline with the scyther.

If someone with Black and White has a Scyther, then yes, but any other games, you cannot til post-game. The quick trade thread can be useful for that, so you could try and see if anyone will help you out there.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years

I reckon it's possible to get one through the dream world. It'll probably take a lot of Dream Points though.

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
I can't figure out how to trade and or battle with somebody on pkmn white. (Not with somebody in the same room, i mean in another state)
I know you go to the poke-center but which of the 3 "doors" do I go to?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I can't figure out how to trade and or battle with somebody on pkmn white. (Not with somebody in the same room, i mean in another state)
I know you go to the poke-center but which of the 3 "doors" do I go to?

You speak to the middle person. They will allow you to go into Wifi. If you have never been in before; they'll connect you to your Wifi and then you'll leave. That's when you get your Friend Code etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back