• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Being Human

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
jntS3b0.jpg

This is one of my all-time favourite shows and I'm shocked it's taken so long for a discussion to arise from it! For those that don't know, Being Human is a BBC3 series starring an ever-changing supernatural family consisting of werewolves, vampires and ghosts as they tackle their every day lives and try to remain as human as possible. I love the way they tackled the generic views of these supernatural beings by turning them into something serious and relatable, whilst still having these vicious monstrous sides to them that show up occasionally. The show started off with an entirely different cast to the current characters but for once this isn't actually a downside to the show; in many shows like Primeval the removal of key characters has been a huge problem but with Being Human they're all explained in great amounts of detail and are replaced (after a good amount of time!) by exceptional new characters whilst not forgetting the old ones. The latest cast is in my opinion the best, but what do you guys think? Where do you think the newest series is heading? Discuss the show in general! :D

Years
I saw the pilot for this show a while back and I liked it. Then I saw the first episode and they'd replaced one of the characters I liked and it just... wasn't as good for me. I watched... some of it. Can't remember how much. Sorry, don't mean to rain on your parade. :|

If the show gets better after the first couple of episodes then I might consider taking it up again. I liked the premise and (most of) the characters.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I saw the pilot for this show a while back and I liked it. Then I saw the first episode and they'd replaced one of the characters I liked and it just... wasn't as good for me. I watched... some of it. Can't remember how much. Sorry, don't mean to rain on your parade. :|

If the show gets better after the first couple of episodes then I might consider taking it up again. I liked the premise and (most of) the characters.
I never saw the pilot so that wasn't an issue for me, but it really is worth a watch if you're looking for something to try out. You don't even have to start from the first series, you could go straight in with the start of series 5 if you wanted to, they explain all of the characters' backgrounds very well to the extent that you can easily get by without any prior knowledge from S1-4. I'd almost recommend this more than starting from the beginning since for me the latest series has been head-over-heels above the rest and the show changes so much season to season that it won't matter where you start.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I watched the first season of the American version, if I'm getting that right (I'm not completely sure, I just know there are two versions and I saw the first season of the more recent one??) and it was absolutely amazing! My favorite character is/was (I don't watch it anymore, can never catch it on my stations) the ghost; she was super cool and relatable and had a tragic background that made her an even more enjoyable character. A+ show if there ever was one.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I watched the first season of the American version, if I'm getting that right (I'm not completely sure, I just know there are two versions and I saw the first season of the more recent one??) and it was absolutely amazing! My favorite character is/was (I don't watch it anymore, can never catch it on my stations) the ghost; she was super cool and relatable and had a tragic background that made her an even more enjoyable character. A+ show if there ever was one.
There's an American version and a UK version, yeah :) I hardly know anything about the American version (although it's next on my list to watch!) but from what I understand the two ghost characters are very similar between the two versions in their origins/personalities. Very quirky and eccentric with a wonderful degree of seriousness when needed - great characters indeed!

Oh man it's so depressing having had no one else watch the UK version though. The fandom for this show is relatively tiny so it's so difficult to talk about in the way shows like Doctor Who or Sherlock are discussed. For any who have been watching, the final ever series finally ended - what did you guys think of the final episode and series in general? For me, the most incredible moment was:

Spoiler:

Even though they were so far apart from each other, the power of their trinity and their huge loyalty to each other... It was outstanding ahh, the power of this moment was far beyond any other show I can remember watching. The finale was exceptional (bar the last 5 seconds which is another point for discussion!) if not slightly expected, but the twists were great and Hal's new form... mmm. ♥

Years
Oh this show! So far for the British version, I've only seen the first two episodes of season five and the first episode of season one. Even though I haven't seen too much, it's a really interesting show! I like how it isn't stereotypical vampire/werewolf etc, and I like the characters a lot, especially Alex who I think is really interesting. I found it a little confusing at first since I jumped into the show in the last season, so of course there were some things that tied over, but as of the second episode I think I have almost the complete gist of what's going on! Gotta say, the "Captain" is freaking creepy and I dislike him and I want him to go away. :( But that's to be expected since he seems to be the main antagonist at this point!

As for the American version, I really love it. It always finds new ways to surprise me, especially in the current season where things started off and have continued to be kind of crazy haha! I think the characters in the US version are really awesome as well, and Sally (the ghost of the show) is my favorite. I think this show does a really great job of developing characters, and the subplots are always really interesting!

Only read if you're up to date (on American):
Spoiler:

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I really love the American version of this show. It is one of my favorite live action shows (I watch mainly cartoons and anime). The characters are all great and very likable. The story and characters' experiences (though usually supernatural) are very easy to relate to. I also feel that the way they portray vampires and werewolves is great. It has the usual vampire and werewolf elements (stake to the heart to kill a vampire, etc), but it the show doesn't make them typical or unoriginal like some other shows or movies do.

I started watching the British version, but I didn't like it as much as the American one.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Really love this show.

I watched the UK version first (I've seen all the episodes) and I've watched a few episodes from the US version. In my opinion the UK version is by far the better of the two. The characters are more interesting and feel more sincere.

I lost interest in the US version after a while, is it still going or was it cancelled?

Edit: So I just realized the 5th season of Being Human has already aired and finished. What? Goodness you really don't hear anything about this show unless you're actively looking at it. :S

Back