• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What was your first Pokèmon game??

Microchip55

I'm a crumb.
Years
Personally, my first one was Fire Red. I picked it cause Red is my fav color :3 I loved it so as time went on I got Pokèmon Colosseum for the GC, Pokèmon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, but that's when I stopped buying them :( I moved on to the Xbox 360. But every once in a while I come back to enjoy the series X3 I think I'm legit emotionally attached to my Fire Red cartridge haha. I lost it :'( What was YOUR first Pokèmon game and why did you pick it?

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Pokemon Yellow version. When I was a kid, my friends had a Pokemon game, so I begged my parents for one. Christmas comes around, and my brother and I got some GBA+Pokemon game bundle. The package came with Yellow, of course.

That was the beginning of my addiction to Pokemon haha. I've yet to miss any of the main series Pokemon games released in NA.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Glad you asked.
That would be Pokemon Emerald. I was about 8 years old.
So, I've never really played Red & Blue version. Because
I think it was too old and the graphics aren't the thing I like.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For me, it was Pokémon Blue. It was given to me by my dad as a gift during Christmas. I became obsessed with this game as soon as I turned it on. It was very hard to get me off of it. I used to play it all the time, even at night under my bed sheets. Haha.

Unfortunately, I don't have this game with me anymore. I've lost it three years ago while I was in my basement, along with a few of my other GB games.

Years
According to my "Load" files on my pc, I am pretty sure I played my first game when I was 10. I remember I LOVED Pokemon but had NO idea there is such a thing as Pokemon Game. And then a friend of mine told me he had it and that he would give it to me (on pc, emulator and stuff). I remember being super excited about it. Anyway,

My first game was Sapphire.
And I think my first Pokemon was Torchic, I was so disappointed when I saw it's evolution lol. Now I have a save file with a level 100 Swampert. (I HAD NO IDEA I BROUGHT A POKEMON TO LEVEL 100, EVER! :D )

Now I am playing Pokemon Yellow lol.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
My first game was Pokemon Yellow. I remember my neighbor getting it and I didn't like him, so I stole it from him. Then my mom bought me Pokemon Red and I felt bad so I gave it back.

Microchip55

I'm a crumb.
Years
For me, it was Pokémon Blue. It was given to me by my dad as a gift during Christmas. I became obsessed with this game as soon as I turned it on. It was very hard to get me off of it. I used to play it all the time, even at night under my bed sheets. Haha.

Unfortunately, I don't have this game with me anymore. I've lost it three years ago while I was in my basement, along with a few of my other GB games.

Haha wow! I used to play Fire Red under the sheets too! Good times. These games are some of the best ever made.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Pokemon Blue was my first. My brother's friend let me borrow it for a while, AND his gameboy. My thinking was that it was exciting to see that there was a Pokemon game based on the anime that I loved to watch... Well, I know better nowadays XD.

He let me borrow it for a while, I managed to play through 2 times. The 2nd time was much easier as I knew what I was doing by then, and I battled every trainer that time as well. I was obsessed, lol. When my brother's friend took it back, my brother told me about some gameboy emulator... and that's how I got into the emulation scene as a whole. Nowadays I play on a real cartridge on a real handheld.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Pokemon Yellow was my first game, and indeed, I was stuck on the first gym and didn't have a clue how to beat Brock's Geodude. Because of that I gave up and decided to sell it.

Years
My first actually owned game was diamond. A friend of my parents had bought it and didn't really want it, so he gave it to me. I got hooked immidiatly as, hey, OWN pokemon game! I have played all previous game before though, but that was at my friend's houses. So i actually played all gens, but didn't own them... With result being 'Oh hey Steve! I finally got a crobat! please don't release it...' Next time i played. 'Steve? Steve? Where's my crobat gone?'

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Pokemon Blue. I got it for Christmas, along with a raspberry red Gameboy Color. I started my game with OT: Blue 53806. My starter was Beachball the Blastoise. I still have him, though I've done new games on my Blue; I just traded him around between my other games back to Blue version.

I was stuck for the longest time trying to find Surf in the Safari Zone. There was no way I could use less than 500 steps. :P I trained my team to 70 and almost got bored until my neighbor borrowed my game and found Surf for me.

Oh jeez, I remember buying Pokemon Yellow from Target with some allowance money and playing Gold/Silver in the stores before the next generation was released...

Years
I actually got both Red and Blue for Christmas the year they came out, as well as a Gameboy Color to play them on. I got Yellow sometime after that, then repeated the process every generation for the most part.

Sirfetch’d

Mine was Blue. I believe I got it as a birthday gift from my mom and looking back, it was probably the greatest gift that I will ever have received. It got me into Pokemon and that is something that I am very happy about.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Pokemon Yellow.

A little memory about this that I forgot most of the details of, but when i first got a gameboy color, I was playing this game. I accidentally set down, forgot about it and left it there. We actually had to go back and get it, but I think it was gone. O_o Like I said, I don't remember. I still have my Pokemon Yellow game though. XD

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I had Pokemon Sapphire first but didn't get a chance to play it (in late in 2003). The first official game I did get to play was Pokemon FireRed, Around March of 2004, my uncle found an abandoned Nintendo DS in a bank, DS had two games Mario 64 DS and Pokemon FireRed, so I played it first, then I remember I still had Sapphire stored away.

Today, I have no clue what happened to the games. I moved rooms in 2008 and I think I forgot the games in my old room.

The first game I actually bought was Pokemon Black 2 in November 2011 and a Nintendo DS Lite a month later.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My first game was Yellow. I thought the goal was to steal back the Eevee that your rival took. lol Yellow wasn't the first game I beat though. While it was technically my first game, I consider Sapphire more as my first game. It was the first time I played a main series Pokemon game and actually understood what was going on...and I beat it!

Years
Ruby for me, I started playing it all the time once I got it for my 11th birthday and that was how my Pokemon gaming career took off. I've played all of the games for 4th and 5th Gen but Ruby still holds a place there, even if I was a late bloomer at the time.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
My first game was Yellow. I thought the goal was to steal back the Eevee that your rival took. lol Yellow wasn't the first game I beat though. While it was technically my first game, I consider Sapphire more as my first game. It was the first time I played a main series Pokemon game and actually understood what was going on...and I beat it!

'I thought the goal was to steal back the Eevee that your rival took...' Lol, your posts often cracks me up.

I was a fan and playing Pokemon games since the very first Generation.
But if we're gonna talk about my first official legit game, then that would be my Japanese Pearl and I lost it few years ago. The End.

Back