• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
I got shiny rayquaza!!!!!!

It was the exact same story as with regigigas XD i was just going to get it up to a round number (5,000 in this case) and then leave it at that for the night.

I'd just done a reset, and while the battle started up i was talking to my sister and aunt, then i looked down with my fingers poised over the S+S+A+B combo, when i noticed that the rayquaza was black, i whispered no way but it was there, shiny rayquaza had appeared, so i threw a masterball at it because my DS battery was on red, then saved it about five times just to make sure, lol.

I still can't believe it's arrived, 4,708 resets, the longest i have ever soft resetted for a shiny, and a few timesi considered giving up for a while and soft resetting for something else, but i'm so glad i didn't

Here's it's iv's
Rayquaza:Bold

HP 22
ATT 30
DEF 10
SP:ATT 2
SP: DEF 5
SPEED 2

Meh iv's could be better, so could the nature, but who cares??!! i got my shiny rayquaza!!

I don't have any pictures, but i'm uploading a video of it in battle and it's stats, and a quick video of it on pokemon XD, and i'll post the links here when they've been processed.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
>>To Runasutaru: Congratulations on the Starly (Staraptor)!!

>>To Brawl: Congratulations on the Cubone (Marowak)!!

>>To VenomX: Congratulations on the Rayquaza!! I'm going to go for a Shiny Rayquaza in my Ruby once I get a few others out of the way, but that will be for another time!!

I've got my 1/3 Johto Pokemon back: Sentret!! Got her in a chain of 5, but lost the chain at 7 due to a combo breaker of me getting distracted and encountering my archnemesis, Bidoof!! I really think those innocent little faces are conspiring against me and other Shiny Hunters...

Sentret (F), Lv. 4, Caught in a Quick Ball.

Adamant nature.
Dec. 18, 2007
Route 202
Met at Lv. 4.

Good endurance.
Likes spicy food.

HP: 17
Attack: 9
Defense: 8
Sp. Atk: 7
Sp. Def: 9
Speed: 7

Ability: Keen Eye

Attacks: Scratch, Foresight, Defense Curl.

With Sentret, my current Shiny Goals have gone down to these: Charmander, and the other two of my Johto Recovery Squad: Magikarp and Gyarados!! Also, as of today, I joined the Shiny "Egg" Hunters in order to hatch the only Pokemon that I will Shiny Hunt as an Egg: Charmander!!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
VenomX: NOOOO I'm going after Ray.. Damsmdf. XD Congrats man.

Shadow: Congrats on the lovely Sentret. :3

Brawl: Nuu stick to Lapras. I've hatched 110 Cyndaquil eggs on Emerald now and I want a shiny one before you. You already stole meh Latias. D8

Matty: In FR, Hoppip show up every time on that Memorial Pillar place on one of the islands..

Skit and Doom failed me so I'm hatching and soft reseting for a while on my SP.. Good luck to everyone else.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Shadow: Congrats on the lovely Sentret. :3

Skit and Doom failed me so I'm hatching and soft reseting for a while on my SP.. Good luck to everyone else.

Thanks!! ^_^ I'm going to continue my Egg Hatching for Charmander in a little bit, and then see how many I hatch before the end of the night. Good luck to you too and everyone else as well!!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I got shiny rayquaza!!!!!!

It was the exact same story as with regigigas XD i was just going to get it up to a round number (5,000 in this case) and then leave it at that for the night.

I'd just done a reset, and while the battle started up i was talking to my sister and aunt, then i looked down with my fingers poised over the S+S+A+B combo, when i noticed that the rayquaza was black, i whispered no way but it was there, shiny rayquaza had appeared, so i threw a masterball at it because my DS battery was on red, then saved it about five times just to make sure, lol.

I still can't believe it's arrived, 4,708 resets, the longest i have ever soft resetted for a shiny, and a few timesi considered giving up for a while and soft resetting for something else, but i'm so glad i didn't

Here's it's iv's
Rayquaza:Bold

HP 22
ATT 30
DEF 10
SP:ATT 2
SP: DEF 5
SPEED 2

Meh iv's could be better, so could the nature, but who cares??!! i got my shiny rayquaza!!

I don't have any pictures, but i'm uploading a video of it in battle and it's stats, and a quick video of it on pokemon XD, and i'll post the links here when they've been processed.
*applauds*

Congratulations on that, Rayquaza is such a cool shiny. I may even soft reset for another one... I'm really surprised that this is your longest hunt, considering that 4708 isn't even that much!

Lil-Dill, do you know if the shiny Charmander got cloned? Either way, good job on getting it.

TB, don't worry. I don't plan on shiny hatching until I get both a male and female with flawless IVs in SAtk/SDef/Speed. For now, I'm just breeding for IVs, and still, I'm going extremely slowly. Furthermore, I'm soft resetting for Lapras the whole time while I hatch eggs. :D

Edit: Congrats to everyone else's new shines, as well...I actually remember you talking about 'Radaring for a shiny Sentret a while ago, Shadow Chaos, so I bet you're happy with it. Welcome to the Shiny Egg Club as well. ;)

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
*applauds*

Congratulations on that, Rayquaza is such a cool shiny. I may even soft reset for another one... I'm really surprised that this is your longest hunt, considering that 4708 isn't even that much!

I know 4708 resets isn't that many compared to the amount that some shiny hunters (Including you ;) ) have done, but i used to hate soft-resetting for shinies (before ray and gigas anyway) so i've never really soft restted much before, although i'm sure that at some point i'll have a hunt that'll take me ages to get.

I think i'm just gonna play through one of my games now i don't have to worry about resetting for ray, but when i do get back into soft resetting i'm either gonna go for one of the regis or one of the birds, i'll decide when i get to that point, or i might go for a starter.

Rayquaza video 1

Rayquaza in pokemon XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
so last night in the great marsh I was hunting for a shiny psyduck and a shiny croagunk showed up, after 2 balls the mofo got away! i was so angry i nearly dug up my copy of san andreas and went nuts.

oh yeah that makes my 4th generation shiony catch rate 1/3 im so angry i never lost one before

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Brawl: Mkay but save the glory for me this time. ;D And what's the shiny egg club? Is it here or another forum?

Shadow: Thanks and good luck on Charmander.

Lil-Dill: Color Me Evil clones her pokemon so I'm sure Charm is a clone.. But congrats anyways. ^^

Firebird: Shiny Victreebell is pretty cool (blue lips ftw) so I hope you have good luck while chaining for Bell.

Venom: Gawd those videos are hawt. Shiny Ray won't come to me.. And I lost another race. XD

Thebiggamer: Omg hun, so sorry for your shiny croagrunk lost.. They are so cool and I'm sad that it ran away.. Hope you have better luck soon. T_T

Ok ok, I had another weird dream last night and it broke my heart too..

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
thanks, I liked it alot because it was almost the exact shade of blue that shiny psyduck is and I didnt even think to take pics for my cell phone. It really annoys me because I literaly had a box full of shinys on my silver or crystal, i cant remember which, and not a single shiny had gotten away from me before then but now I'm only 34% with ctching shinies for the 4th gen. 2 of those shinys were new pokes too

go swampert

boy wonder trainer
Years
I have a new biggest chain but sadly there were no shinies the chai was 33 Pidgey and i had to stop because I just had a Palkia and a Pidgeotto and Palkia had all moves at 0pp and I didn't think about using Struggle...

Any for the rest of today my swarm pokemon is Drowzee on Route 215 so I hope I get better luck there (is it hard to chain in the rain?) with a team of 6 Pokemon too.... (This won't be easy...)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I had trouble chaining in the rain when I did it. nice chain though, I usually use my weaville or staraptor with chain because they have the moves with most pp but my best chain had been 18 pichu at the mansion

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
atm buizel and pachirisu at the widworks, can you guys give any tips other than repel o n how best to get higher chains?

go swampert

boy wonder trainer
Years
I think 2 things to do are NEVER go on the edges, near trees or on corners

And

whatever type of grass you go into keep going into it to get a higher chain

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
now that you mention it the edges are where alot of my chains have ended, could you explain the second part a bit mote? thanks for tips btw

go swampert

boy wonder trainer
Years
No prob and yea,

if you step into a normal non sparkling piece of grass then after the battle (if you don't run) go into another non sparkling piece of grass.

Do the same thing if it was just sparkling pieces of grass

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Thanksright now im taking a break from chaing and just running hoping for luck, i'd be in great marsh but I'm out of cash and my luck is not that good with that place

Back