• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flames of Simplicity

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023

Flames of Simplicity

A new style for you guys. Click here to switch.

Just something simplistic, that doesn't go to everyone's tastes but enjoy it, it's just a small project before I get around to making a more feature heavy style! <3

Note that the header is not yet clickable, Jake is gonna do that soon n__n

Ayselipera

I like it! The simpler the better in my book. I love how spacious it is and how it looks like everything is placed on a giant scroll. If you get what I mean? xD Anyways nice work! I'll be using this for a while.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Wow I like it heaps n_n Especially all the medieval looking writing and colouring! And I love the different background for the 'Quick Reply section'. I will be using this skin too~

marcc5m

what
Years
Not my favourite theme. A little TOO simple for my liking. But yeah, it's all right though, so I'll try this one for a while :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Looks very nice, especially with Arcanine. <3 I'll add this to the themes I use a lot.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
This theme is the one on The Pokemon Board also, right?
Anyways, nice job Gavin. I like it.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Not my fav for comp, but this will be nice for iPhone, since I don't like the layout of the "simplistic" skin. It would also be nice if the background wasn't in .jpg...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
This theme is the one on The Pokemon Board also, right?
Anyways, nice job Gavin. I like it.

Nope, PC exclusive. But thanks!

Not my fav for comp, but this will be nice for iPhone, since I don't like the layout of the "simplistic" skin. It would also be nice if the background wasn't in .jpg...

Well, actually, it would look the same if it was in .png. People simply have negative views on .jpg because of pixel art which should be saved as .png to preserve hard edges, but normal images work fine saved as a high quality .jpg.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Yay! Now I can hold off on finishing up my beta style. n___n

The buttons are a little big, though, but I'll be using it none-the-less.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
This theme is pretty good. I've been using it for quite some time now. It loads a lot faster and it's pretty easy to navigate than the others to be quite honest. ;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
This style demonstrates why mixing serif and sans-serif fonts is not generally a good idea (unless it's only me getting that?). Also, the colour scheme lacks effective contrast; I'd try making the background grey darker so the yellow borders don't blend into it, failing that it might be better off white. Lastly, two small things, but along the top, Home, Blogs and Chat are underlined (I mean like this, not the yellow lines), but Oekaki is not; and the second matter, the quick reply button's text goes into the yellow bar on its right edge, rather unsightly. Sorry, but your style really does seem poorly thought out.

Well, actually, it would look the same if it was in .png. People simply have negative views on .jpg because of pixel art which should be saved as .png to preserve hard edges, but normal images work fine saved as a high quality .jpg.
Watch out there, high quality JPEGs can end up with larger filesizes than PNGs, and yet still minor artifacting.
It's called portable network graphics for a reason. Just saying, though — usually JPEGs are smaller.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I quite like this style. The colors and design are easy on the eyes and pleasant, nothing to bright or dark. The only thing that seems a bit odd to me is the lack of contrast between the avatar/info area and the post itself, but I have begun to get used to it and I don't mind it as much as I first did.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I'm liking how I'm not blinded by a set of bright colors on this style. The Soft colors and the type of background you use with the combination of Fonts and the golden borders give it a bit of a Royal-ish look. I think I maybe using this theme for a while =)

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
I like this theme alongside some other themes. What do you do if you wanted to make your own Pokecommuntity theme? I wouldn't mind doing one :)

Graphical

Beep beep boop
Years
I don't think you can make a theme for PC unless your part of the Staff (Unless I'm wrong)

No, some people have an emblem that says they helped with a theme and they aren't/never were staff.
Maybe they check out your graphics and recruit you to help with a skin if they think you're good enough?

Back