• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
Before I attempt my first post, can someone give me a quick cap of what's going on currently? I see lots of fighting, but have no idea why.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Fuji: I can only brief you on what's going on around my characters. Chances are anyone who is battling right now is doing so for sport though. As in, two trainers decided to battle.

Alright, now for the briefing. Valorie, Mark, and Alice are outside not that far from the school just talking.

Olivia, Kilik, Katherine, and Kenshin are having a multi battle on Battlefield 3, each using 2 pokemon. Olivia and Kenshin vs Kilik and Katherine. It was a spontaneous challenge.

Elizabeth, Anna, and Takumi are in the library, just talking.

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
@ShinyDiamond You're very welcome.

@Fujimori I hate to patronize, but you can't really have a Level 20 Zoroark. Zorua evolves at Level 30. I'm just pointing it out.

@IC Thread I am in no way attempting to sound like a minimod, so take this as an advice more than anything else; some script posting was happening in the IC Thread, and IIRC that's against the rules. Again, I'm just pointing it out. >_>

...I'll just sneak back to my corner and shut up now orz

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
@Yellow: Fair enough. I'll figure something out

@Hue: Normally, yes. However, considering that it was approved, I'll just kinda work with it. I don't intend to do it too often, believe me.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Isaac is lost in the woods, and Jason is out cold on a couch in Prof. Oak's waiting room.

also I've been reading over the last page, and I'm curious where Miley810 is, and why they are shouting.

Dawn

Years
@Hue: Occasionally we allow breaks from game rules, mainly because it happens in the games pretty often and the RP is technically based on the anime, which breaks the rules even more often.

Also, issues with other RPers should be brought to my attention via PM to avoid confrontation drama. But yeah, I wasn't aware of this and will take a look.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
:) I'm totally enjoying the battle. Just a quick note that Mistress did not use Attract, but Captivate which sharply reduces Special Attack. I'm saying this mostly 'cause Kat thought Kilik used Attract.

Dawn

Years
Alright, but Kat please tone down the dodging. These attacks are hyper accurate and should not simply be missing at random.

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
Okay... I miss on Quick Attack all of the time, and I know when attacks would hit all of the time. Ya know, like Signal Beam would be hard to dodge, and Magical Leaf, and... Attract, Aqua Jet, and many others. But I get it ^-^

Dawn

Years
@Kat: Thank you. It's best to have an evasion move when you want to dodge. :P Like, double team. |D So yeah. I can't wait to post.

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
@Kat: Thank you. It's best to have an evasion move when you want to dodge. :P Like, double team. |D So yeah. I can't wait to post.

Actually, if this RP is, like you said, technically based on an anime, Double Team would have a much more complex effect than to just simply dodging the attack. Minimize seems to fit that purpose better.

I can't wait to post either! Why did I get all brainy and chose to skip a whole day? >____>

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
Hello yellow, Yellow, Darkgoalie hasn't been posting the continuation of our battle, so can I bunny it? He hasn't posted for sooo long, I'm not too patient.

Dawn

Years
@Saturated Hue: Well, when I say dodge I mean that nothing actually stops the attacker from hitting, but they miss anyway. (Actually stopping would be blocking.)

@pokepokemo: Oh, of course! Go ahead and bunny your way out of the battle. For future reference, if you're getting anxious feel free to bunny a bit to get your character doing something else. I recommend waiting a minimum of 2 days. (Just don't do anything to punish the inactive RPer beyond having your character move on if you can help it.)

@The Immortal One: There is one spot left for students in Suicune Dorm. Consider yourself reserved. Your reservation will last three days.

@Everyone: Elite Four Lucian has been dropped for innactivity. Also, guys. I just posted my post in the RPAs. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7048058#post7048058 Every single one of you got a mention in a certain part of said post. I hoped you guys would appreciate it.

...Meanwhile I eye best GM whilst unable to decide whether to pray for a victory or not to get my hopes up. |D

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Hello everyone! I've been eyeing over this RP for a loooong while (Relatively long, I'm fairly new to the forum, don't hit me xP) and I've decided to throw up my SU for the remaining Suicune dorm spot!

I apologize in advance for the SUPER LENGTHY story, but you can all skip it if you want to, it's basically just why Daniel has a Raichu (Not going to be super overpowered, don't worry :3), and how he got into the Suicune dorm. That being said, I'm still fairly new to forum RP, so I'm sorry if I make a mistake here and there. Feel free to correct on me as much as you will!

And now... the conclusion:

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Daniel Sabrak

Nickname (Optional):

Age (10-15): 13

Gender (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Suicune

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):

DanielTrainer.jpg

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum
Daniel doesn't appear to hold much potential as anything overly charismatic, at first glance. A sheepish, slightly shy smile on his lips and a rather held-back attitude, makes up for how he acts around people he's only just met.
Though this does change overtime, Daniel prefers venturing out and exploring different places and locations, wanting to see strange, new sights and experiencing things. He's incredibly adventurous and loyal to the right people, but his eagerness for this retracts from his ability to study.

He does want to study and become better at being a trainer, but his mind often wanders to daydreaming, thinking and worrying about the future. He's generally a nice, polite guy to those he doesn't know, though this can also make him a bit of a pushover.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum

Daniel grew up in Vermillion City, in the middle-eastern part of Kanto, along with both of his parents and his older brother. While growing up, Daniel, unlike most other children, cared about one thing more than he did Pokémon; Adventuring.

He had spent a large part of his childhood venturing about in the fields and forests around Vermillion, fighting off imaginary enemies and simply exploring the areas around him.
This did lead to him getting into quite a bit of trouble a few times, both with wild Pokémon, and people in general. On his tenth birthday, his father had taken Daniel to get him his very own Pokémon at a daycare center for unwanted Pokémon, usually due people not being able to support both themselves, their Pokémon –and- their Pokémon's child.

Daniel, having gotten into roots with Vermillion gym's brilliant history within lightning Pokémon, he too had been smitten by the power of electricity. And due to this, almost as soon as he had stepped into the daycare center, looking over at the various Pokémon playing with each other in the garden, he had picked who he wanted to bring home.
Sitting over in the shade of a tree was a Pikachu, looking quite content with its role in life, sitting still and nibbling on a berry between its paws. Daniel pointed it out to his dad, and after some negotiating with the daycare lady, and a brief meeting between Daniel and the rather mellow and friendly Pikachu, they were both on their way home to Vermillion, Daniel's heart soaring with joy. He was now a Pokémon trainer of his own. As soon as he had taken the test, of course.

However, that didn't stop him from playing with his new friend, though they were both kept inside until he had taken his trainer test, to prevent any actual fighting from going on. He befriended the Pikachu very quickly and named her Alexis – A name she seemed rather fond of.
One and a half year later, he and Alexis had made a fairly decent team within the fighting world, although they spent more time playing around an exploring – A hobby Alexis was quite happy with – then actual training.
At this point in time, Daniel had signed them both up to Vermillion City's Pokémon Tournament for youngsters. The winner would get the choice between a money prize or a mystery prize.

Daniel and Alexis had a tough time of working their way up in the tournament, and some of their victories were nothing but pure luck, but in the end, they both succeeded, and won the tournament. Daniel, not caring much for money, decided to go with the mystery prize. And to his surprise, the prize was nothing other than a Thunderstone.

A few months of thinking and playing around with Alexis as normal went by before they had both decided that if they wanted to go ahead in the world and fulfill their dreams of becoming explorers and proper a proper trainer, they would have to make sacrifices. If you could call it that.

Alexis was evolved to a Raichu, but didn't seem to change much other than the fact that she was now able to use quite powerful attacks, with some training, of course. Daniel had also heard about a test that would be open for participants about a year later, for entry to the famous Oak Academy where none other than Lt. Surge was a teacher, amongst others. This was their big chance.

A year passed with lots of training (Though they still left out time to go wandering and relaxing quite a lot. Perhaps too often.) until the day came when the test was ready to be taken. First came the written test. This was Daniel's biggest fear. He had never been very booksmart, but he had done everything he could to brush up on his knowledge for this grand opportunity.

The questions were tough and he couldn't remember majority of the answers, rubbing the back of his head and biting his pencil in frustration. In the end, he had only done half of the questions, with just twenty minutes left. So he decided to wing it and rush through the test, more or less guessing his way through it.

Next came the fighting test. This was their big strength. They had prepared for a long time, and they had both gone through hell and high water to get to where they were now. Their opponent… was a Graveller. At first, Daniel panicked. The opponent had been randomly picked, and it just so happened to be a stone type. However, after a moment of regaining himself, he had remembered their preparations for just such an occasion.

It was a long battle, and Alexis did take quite a few rather bad hits. But due to Daniel's quick thinking and Alexis' agility, they were unable to get through the Graveller's defense with a couple of well-placed Brick Breaks, and finally beat it down, against expectations.

An hour later, Daniel received his results and instantly went wide-eyed. He had aced both of his tests! His stomach churned and he frowned slightly down at the paper, not wanting to take credit for answering the written test right, considering a large part of it was just guessing.

A month's time later, he received the letter and the package from the academy, and a huge celebration was held for him by his parents, his brother coming home from Johto to celebrate along with him.

And now, sitting on the ferry, staring back at Vermillion city, the sun setting in front of the ship, he smiled to himself at what he and Alexis had accomplished in so little time. Though he would miss his parents quite a lot, he at least had Alexis.
He turned to look at the Raichu lying down on the couch next to him, smiling softly as he lowered a hand to brush over its short fur, causing it to smile. They were on their way, and they had no clue what was awaiting them.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):

Species: A female Raichu, it's orange colour bordering to a more yellow-y hue. It's slightly smaller than a regular Raichu, and also has longer ears.

Nickname(Optional): Alexis.

Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Alexis is a very mellow and calm Pokémon, always enjoying a lovely stroll or sitting in the shade of a tree and enjoying a mild breeze.

She's fiercely loyal to Daniel, who's done nothing but treat her well. In the heat of battle, she's quite the defensive fighter, dodging and avoiding blows before delivering powerful, short strikes. This gives her a rather short temper in battle, but as soon as the battle is over, she returns to her rather friendly and curious outlook on the world.

Lvl(Max 20): 16

Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Agility, Thunderbolt, Brick Break and Tail Whip.

Pardon for the long post, and the somewhat rushed story, but by the time I realised how long it was, I sort of tried to get through it a bit quicker xP Do tell me what you think!

Last edited:

The Immortal One

Life... Challenge Accepted!
Years
Name: Byron MacTavish

Dorm: Suicune

Appearance: Byron stands 5'9 and weighs 117Ilbs. A scrawny boy, Byron thin and lengthy stature is one that you'll never forget. His brown hair is a shaggy style and is usually covered in a black hat with a purple beak. His eyes are a deep blue that when you look into them, it's like watching the ocean glisten. He has a long, stretched body, most notably his lengthy fingers that have been compared to that of an alien. His feet are size ten and are usually covered in black Timberland boots. His usual clothing is black denim jeans and a black zip-up hoodie that is typically unzipped half way exposing a dark purple undershirt. His right hand also has a dark purple fingerless leather glove covering it.

Personality: Byron is kind of a lone wolf. He prefers to be by himself rather than with others. He likes to go into his thoughts and dream rather than interact with others. That being said, he prefers the companionship of Pokemon over humans and the only way he will interact with you is if you're close to him or he wants a battle. Byron also has trust issues. Ever since he was young, he had a hard time trusting new people and sometimes people he knew, like his parents.

Byron is also very smart, showing this by acing his entry exams and making it to the Suicune dorms. Byron was also able to show his smarts by being able to teach his Combusken how to use Flamethrower as a Torchic, though it took much training.

History: Byron was born in Pacifidlog Town to his young parents. Both of his parents had just finished high school and were in need of help financially to take care of Byron. To make ends meet, Byron's father joined Team Magma in order to keep money in their home. When his father wasn't getting enough money, his mother was forced to join. Now with two parents that were part of a group with horrible intentions, Byron strayed away from them. He tended to go off on his own. Even though he lived in the isolated town of Pacifidlog, he would swim to islands just to get away. There was one incident where Byron was swimming out to one of the islands he would hang out at and he was caught in the current that pulled him all the way to Slateport City. Byron almost drowned in the process, but was eventually saved by a passing cruise ship and was brought back to his home.

Byron's parents wanted him to join Team Magma to help them pay the bills. Byron expressed his feelings towards joining Team Magma, telling them that he didn't agree with their motives and thought they were going to the extremes to prove their point. Byron's parents, shocked at their son's thoughts, agreed with him and eventually quit the team and got jobs at the Pokemon Centre. Thanks to Byron telling the truth about his feelings towards joining Team Magma, it also convinced his parents Byron was ready to be a Pokemon Trainer. Byron and his parents made the trip to Littleroot Town to get Byron's first Pokemon. Byron chose a Torchic, which would eventually become his best friend. Byron and Torchic would train everyday to reach their dreams of becoming the strongest team in the world. While the two were battling a trainer, Torchic evolved into Combusken.

Pokémon

Species: Combusken
Personality: Combusken is a focused Pokemon. He enjoys training with Byron and will even go out at night on his own to train. Like Byron, he keeps to himself and prefers the company of the ones he knows best. With all of his training, Combusken is a very powerful Pokemon. He never gives less than 200% and doesn't back down. But Combusken can push himself so much that he can hurt himself very much. Combusken also loves Byron very much and will protect him in any circumstance.

Lvl: 20
Moves: Crush Claw, Flamethrower, Brick Break, Focus Energy, Agility and Dynamic Punch (On rare occasions)

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Yellow- :( I guess you're not voting for me. Oh well...

Sir Bastian-Good to have you! :D I'm surprised you decided to Roleplay here! :3 Have you been seeing my posts as Kilik lately? What do you think of the multi battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back