• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playsation Meeting- Feb.20th

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Is it? I remember them recently saying that they were going to wait for the Xbox for announcing the PS4. And more on that, if they were to announce it, wouldn't they do it at E3, so as not to piss investors off?

I'm not saying it's unlikely, but I'm not sure it's the PS4.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I'm not sure it is the PS4 too...no one really knows...maybe they're making an fusion between XBOX and Playstation? Sony and Windows? Working together...? Who knows...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'm not sure it is the PS4 too...no one really knows...maybe they're making an fusion between XBOX and Playstation? Sony and Windows? Working together...? Who knows...
Nonononononononononononononon

Dear God, don't say that. Then we'd have to pay some subscription to do pretty much everything other than play games (but we'd have to pay for online), and they'd probably ax the Playstation Plus program, and that would be bad, bad, BAD. I'd much sooner want to see Wiistation 4U than Playbox (or Playstation X), and that'd never happen. Well, unless another company rose up, but I don't see that happening until one of the current companies dies out or is forced into a merger/out of the console biz.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Well investor's are invited as well besides the media, and its a few days before Destination Playstation, which is a basically a 3 day investor's meeting. And while they said that they prefer MS to go first, who knows what that could mean.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well investor's are invited as well besides the media, and its a few days before Destination Playstation, which is a basically a 3 day investor's meeting. And while they said that they prefer MS to go first, who knows what that could mean.
Hirai said that it would make it easy for them to one-up the others in terms of specs. It may not be completely true, but it makes sense.

Well, regardless of what they said, we'll see.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Nonononononononononononononon

Dear God, don't say that. Then we'd have to pay some subscription to do pretty much everything other than play games (but we'd have to pay for online), and they'd probably ax the Playstation Plus program, and that would be bad, bad, BAD. I'd much sooner want to see Wiistation 4U than Playbox (or Playstation X), and that'd never happen. Well, unless another company rose up, but I don't see that happening until one of the current companies dies out or is forced into a merger/out of the console biz.

But it could happen...what if they work together for one console? A brand new console? Well...I saw this "trailer" and I can say they aren't working with Windows...guess it's gonna be another console Sony's releasing...a brand new console...yeah.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
But it could happen...what if they work together for one console? A brand new console? Well...I saw this "trailer" and I can say they aren't working with Windows...guess it's gonna be another console Sony's releasing...a brand new console...yeah.
I doubt they'd do any sort of merger. Microsoft and Sony have very different ideals and different practices. That, and Sony and Microsoft are both part of larger companies: Sony and Microsoft; they always their other products (such as Microsoft selling Windows and Windows software, and Sony selling an assortment of items) to supplement them, so even if their gaming branches went under, they'd have no reason panic. That's why a MicroSony system would be so unbelievable: the Xbox and Playstation are just relatively small pieces of a much larger company.

Now, they could have some sort of business agreement, but that would show vulnerability in the companies at large, and that would be a VERY bad thing for those companies, as other companies would take the opportunity and announce new products, offer better deals, and steal investors, among other things. So it really wouldn't be in either of their best interests to do so.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
It would be strange for Sony to announce the PS4 considering that, if I remember, they wanted Microsoft to make the first move. I'm kind of concerned that it's not the PS4.

Zet

Years
Won't be the PS4. Sony has announced that they're waiting for Microsoft to make their move with the next xbox first.

I hope this announcement will be about that they're going to improve the OS for the PS3 and Vita.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Nintendo's already gotten their next generation console out, so it's a matter of time before Sony and Xbox does.

That being said, I've heard the rumors where Sony said they'd let Microsoft make the first move. So this most likely won't be it, but it'll probably be something big. And on the off chance that it is PS4, then I think it's a smart move. Imo, the person who makes the first move has the advantage. Strictly between Sony and Microsoft, by the way.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Nintendo's already gotten their next generation console out, so it's a matter of time before Sony and Xbox does.

That being said, I've heard the rumors where Sony said they'd let Microsoft make the first move. So this most likely won't be it, but it'll probably be something big. And on the off chance that it is PS4, then I think it's a smart move. Imo, the person who makes the first move has the advantage. Strictly between Sony and Microsoft, by the way.
Why are you excluding Nintendo?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I dunno why Bloodex excluded them, but the situation with Nintendo is basically let them do their own thing, they're successful at it. Nintendo will never win the "core" as long as games "journalism, MS and Sony exist. They would need a more powerful console, a lot of moneyhatting, and some divine act of god. And for me I'm fine with it, the less hardware parity there is, the better.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Makes sense. Nintendo's never really been one to worry about what Microsoft and Sony are doing mainly because they have a handle on the Casual, Retro, Niche, and "Enthusiast" gamer markets...there's really no reason for them too compete; what they've been doing has been working so far.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
So, seeing how this is getting closer and closer, lets review what's been said about the PS4, which is likely the reveal for next week! We know its gonna be super powerful, somewhere around 4 gigs of GDDR5 with .5gb allocated for the OS, and the GPU is based on the Southern Islands architecture, but the higher end. DX11+ features included, with an emphasis likely on particle effects and better physics, with the obvious boost in texture resolution. 4 core processor, running at 1.8 teraflops and 800 mhz. That combined with the GDDR5 is gonna make it quite a beast, possible even more then Durango if rumors are true.
Continuing on, recently the controller for the devkit has been revealed, which is looking like a near-final design, with obvious changes to come:
Spoiler:

Bumped contrast for those to see it if its too dark:(thanks to a member called Punkster on NeoGaf)
Spoiler:

For those that do not know, that's a touchpad in the middle, not a screen. Why its glass we have no idea. As for that bit on top, the controller likely has move like controls built in, for the new eyetoy to track. Pretty sweet design to boot as well, with a glossy finish to blend in with the glass touchpad, and the handles are probably wider then the DS3s.

So how do we know its the PS4 being revealed you might say. Well, we don't. However, many of the industry insiders have confirmed it, and even MS basically said flat out, Sony don't botch this or you're screwed. Also...
http://blog.us.playstation.com/
First post is a Playstation news story. They're likely gonna post an evolution video every two days, PS2 tomorrow, PS3 on the 18th, with the Ps4 unveil on the 20th.
Also, I know I said in the DCC I'm likely not going to get a future console as they do not appeal much, and they look to be going in a place where I don't want video games to go, but something tells me Sony's gonna do something right. It just feels like it, you know? We might be wrong and Microsoft might be the one in the end, but their focus on multimedia is not exactly the most promising outlooks on their future consoles. Lets get hyped!

Years
Whatever it is that we're getting today, I'm looking forward to hearing about it (as long as it wasn't all some sort of marketing ploy to unveil the PS3 Ultra Slim or something). Honestly, though, I don't see how it could be anything but the PS4, especially with all signs pointing towards it.

On another interesting note, though, PSN decided to give away $10 vouchers to a number of customers starting today, including myself, my cousin and a few others that I know. I can't help but wonder why they would do this all of a sudden. Maybe it's another thank you for sticking around, or maybe it's something to soften the blow for a disappointing announcement. Either way, I guess we'll find out exactly what it is as the day goes on.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I have to say, they're going all out with this presentation, not even E3 was this flashy this year. Can't wait to see what we're gonna get.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Holy Balls, 2+ hours of what the PS4 can do, its a motherload splurge of info. 0_0
E3 this year is gonna be mad crazy, just games all over the place, no need for info on the console.

Back