• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Alex31

Pro D<
Years
Goodness.

Merely speaking as an unbiased observer who merely wants to play Light Platinum in English as soon as possible, were the last few pages necessary? All that happened was that someone else decided to release a different version of the game, nothing life changing or threatening...

Sides? Teams? Races? What happened to being polite and working together, huh? That's pretty childish, and you've gotta feel bad for Ash493, who's only interested in translating the game for people, not for fame or to upset anyone, and he's being dragged into this mess.

With that being said, I have two questions.
Snakebyte, what's the ETA on your project? I got two weeks from Ash and SP, provided that they're still going to translate it (no idea why SP got banned >>)
Ash, what features are you providing that Snakebyte isn't? If you're both doing the same, then why don't you work together to bring it to the fans quicker...? It's the adult thing to do, after all.

/goes back to lurking for a few days

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Alex31, to prevent spamming up this thread even further, I'm going to continue this discussion with you through private message. I'll agree with you on one point at least, the drama here has gotten positively ridiculous. I, also, have no idea why Sarcastic Prince has been banned, but I'd think that his absence would remove the need to talk about him here, yes? Let's keep this to being about the game from here on out? The only team I'm on is Team Light Platinum.

So let's talk about that.

I'm currently working on the city containing the fourth gym, and Feebas now evolves using a Water Stone. This is, as of right now, the only evolutionary change I plan to make. Someone just pointed out earlier in the thread that Wesley had removed Pokeblocks, so I thought it appropriate, especially as you encounter a Feebas quite early in the game.

And in case anyone's confused, I'm not making frequent updates here because I want to be internet famous, but because I know I like it when other people do it. If it aggravates me when people don't keep their fanbase apprised of their progress, I'm sure it annoys you all too.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2011
What about pokemon you need to trade with items to evolve. For example onix or scyther with a mtal coat or magmar with a magmatizer and electabuzz with the item it needs to become a electiver.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Wesley has taken care of several of those by offering in-game trades for them. Example: There's someone in... Inhore I think, that will trade you a Scyther for your Spinarak. That Scyther is equipped with Metal Coat and evolves into a Scizor when you get it.

Wesley has Electabuzz evolving at level 40. I assume he's done something similar for Magmar.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
im at the zhery league. at the moment im train my team to level 70. i have a ranpurra. it needs a darkstone ( in german : finsterstein ) to evolve

http://pokefans.net/pokedex/pokemon/skelabra

anyone knows where i can geht on of them?

to get chandelure (skelabra) you need to trade a zebestrika somewhere to get a ranpurra which will evolve into chandelure (by trade)
all these trades can be found on wesleys site on the main thread

Years
ohh and i trained it to 70 :D

ok. you right. at the start post... but flamerny city is after the first league.^^ then i have to beat the top 4 with ranurra

îm in skyner city now. bet the gym leader and now? at the end of the way/(bridge is nothing.

Last edited:

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
This thread soooo exciting lol. I love reading all the posts. Seeing as i always play my pokemon games with the volume off, i dnt care bout right or wrong poke cries. There are like 500 pokemon so i also dnt care if there order is outta wack because i wouldnt be able to tell the difference if they were in order or not. As for new pokemon, yeah i would like to have new pokemon but it doesnt bother me as i only like a select few anyways. So snakebyte, im not choosing sides, but im deffinitly liking your version. Ash having a wife and two chikas on the side... ahahaha. So ridiculous.

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
Seeing as how there are a bevy of generation 4&5 Pokemon i just have to ask is it still using the gen3 battle mechanics? Like is the physical special split still based on type rather than move?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Zetsubou Johnny: It's still using the Gen 3 battle mechanics, sorry. I know it's possible to implement the physical/special split now, but that's above my level of expertise, and it'd be Wesley's call, not mine.

U_Flame: Of course! If I have anything to say about it, you shouldn't run into any non-english text in the game.

I've been taking a bit of a break today and focusing on Real Life Issues(TM), but there's a good chance I'll still have gym four done tonight. :)

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Aweshome. Without a competition (or people who think it's a competition), things should progress smoothly right?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Huh, I thought I answered your question, K2 XTREME. As of now, I've only edited two names. Kaohri -> Kaori, and Sheyla -> Sheila. I can't guarantee I won't edit any more, but as of halfway through the Zhery league, that's it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2011
I dont know if this were a problem with the beta I had but are you gonna fix other trainers pokemon knowing moves they shouldnt and pokemon only using struggle

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2011
Good job, Snakebyte. You're hack should be finished in no time. I really can't wait.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Redshear: Yes, I've fixed that.

xRedx: It's Wesley's hack, not mine. :P

Everyone: I'd finish up the fourth gym city now, but I'm having internet issues. I suppose it'll have to be early tomorrow instead. :(

Years
hey. i have a big problem

the gym ist blocked.

and the way to east is blocked by 3 rocks. i searched with google. landed here in some earlier posts and i find so advices. focus punch for the rocks? i dont have that VM or HM.

for the problem with the pokemon infront of the gym i found an advice that Prof. Ellie is there and fight with me? a quest ?

zuhznoew.jpg

unbenanntiqma.jpg

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Wow... once again I just leave for a day and this thread is filled with posts...
Oh brother :D

Update:

When SP returns to Pokecommunity, I'm still rooting for his version. I feel sorry for befriending him twice, and it gets worse when he gets banned afterward. Decapitalization and 4th & 5th gen cries for the win! Also I joined SP's translation team just to get fame too, but now that we're friends it's more than that now.
You are changing sides too often...
That's not something you should do.

I feel as if Ash493 should be the only translator since he's not fighting over all of this competition and whatnot.
Thanks for that but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to finish it alone (at least not quickly)

Ash, what features are you providing that Snakebyte isn't? If you're both doing the same, then why don't you work together to bring it to the fans quicker...? It's the adult thing to do, after all.
I wouldn't mind it if Snakebyte wants me to help =)
Well what I'm providing is mainly fixing bugs and translating complicated scripts.
That's what I was doing on SP's version.

Huh, I thought I answered your question, K2 XTREME. As of now, I've only edited two names. Kaohri -> Kaori, and Sheyla -> Sheila. I can't guarantee I won't edit any more, but as of halfway through the Zhery league, that's it.
I think those names are good ;)

for the problem with the pokemon infront of the gym i found an advice that Prof. Ellie is there and fight with me? a quest ?
Yes it is. Ellie should be in lab then and then in cave where you will fix the Aron trouble =)

Last edited:
Back