• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hive: Bug-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Oh I'd like to sign up :D

Preferred username: Ravio
Partner Pokémon: Paras

Which Bug-type is best to use offensively?

I'm going to agree with most people here and say Volcarona for special attacking. It just has access to too many great moves, like quiver dance, fiery dance, hurricane, giga drain and bug buzz, and has the stats to back it up. Others for special attacking are Galvantula (with sticky web + thunder + compound eyes) and Vivillion surprisingly, since it has access to Sleep Powder, Hurricane, Quiver Dance and Bug Buzz, and has Compound eyes to pull it off.
Oh and of course Yanmega, because speed boost works amazingly on it. On the Physical side, Scizor (and I'm assuming mega-scizor) is pretty OP, especially in rain and with bullet punch. Heracross is pretty good too since it has guts and megahorn. And from what I've been hearing, Scolipede with Speed Boost is really good as well.

Welcome to the club. Awww, a Paras. Such a cute little guy. I love using Volcarona. Mine has good stats and holds Leftovers, while building up its power with Quiver Dance and taking out foes with Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz and Hurricane. I have won many battles with that same combo, even have taken out whole teams with just Volcarona. I have used Galvantula a few times but can never get a good enough move set for him other than Electroweb, Spider Web, Thunderbolt and Bug Bite. Rarely have used Vivillon or Yanmega but have used Scolipede, Scizor and Heracross in battle. They're pretty tough.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Wake up, Bug peeps.

Konachan.com%2B-%2B109311%2Bsample.jpg

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Wow, that is such an amazing artwork, haha. Not sure if I could ever draw something like that. Anyway, to boost activity, I'll start off a new topic for ya! If you were to fuse two bug-types together, which would you choose? How'd you expect the outcome to look?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Wow, that is such an amazing artwork, haha. Not sure if I could ever draw something like that. Anyway, to boost activity, I'll start off a new topic for ya! If you were to fuse two bug-types together, which would you choose? How'd you expect the outcome to look?

Butterfree and Beautifly came to mind, and so did Venomoth and Dustox. I don't know what the first two would look like, but Venomoth and Dustox would look pretty creepy. If I was good at art and fusion, I'd mix them up.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Ooh, definitely. If Venomoth and Dustox were mixed into one, they'd certainly look pretty weird and intimidating. I mean, they're both scary enough as they are, but when fused together… @__@ Anyway, I'd probably splice-up Scizor and Beedrill. It'd keep the same structure and body color of former, get those drill-like arms from latter. If you ask me, it'd look pretty cool!

Nakala Pri

I wish I could do that kinda stuff, haha, but I'm just your simple manga pencil-on-paper girl. xD

If i could merge two Pokemon together it'd be...

Leavanny and...

I'll have to get back to you on that one, haha.

I started a new file on Pokemon X and regrettably, i haven't got a single bug Pokemon on my team. ;-; It's heartbreaking, I know... but non really appeal to me as a team companion. :X

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Here's one:

Spoiler:

It was drawn by Leashe over at deviantART. Quite an amazing work, isn't it? :] Love the way how Scyther's diving into the ground.

Years
If you were to fuse two bug-types together, which would you choose? How'd you expect the outcome to look?

The cute/elegant grassy aesthetic and color palette of leavanny with the body shape and design of Volcarona would be my top fusion.

Well, I couldn't help but whip something together. I kinda love it. Hmm, I will call it Leavarona.

542.png
+
637.png

=
Leavarona_zps2a274c68.png

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Here's one:

Spoiler:

It was drawn by Leashe over at deviantART. Quite an amazing work, isn't it? :] Love the way how Scyther's diving into the ground.

That is awesome artwork. Who's he battling? Scyther looks like a lizard in this picture. One of my favorite Bug-types.

If you were to fuse two bug-types together, which would you choose? How'd you expect the outcome to look?

The cute/elegant grassy aesthetic and color palette of leavanny with the body shape and design of Volcarona would be my top fusion.

Well, I couldn't help but whip something together. I kinda love it. Hmm, I will call it Leavarona.

542.png
+
637.png

=
Leavarona_zps2a274c68.png

Oh my goodness, how did you do that? That fusion looks awesome.

By the way, a new topic is up on the original post for everyone to answer.

Nakala Pri

I still haven't decided on what need's merging, haha.

Is it just me or is 6th seriously in need of more Bug-types? :<

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, generation six is seriously lacking bug-types; Scatterbug, Spewpa, and Vivillon are the only ones, if I'm not mistaken. To be fair, though, not many Pokémon were introduced this gen in general. This time around, it seems as if they were focusing more on mega-evolution than anything. xD"

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Instead of giving us more Bug-types in Gen VI, they just gave us one with a bunch of different forms to collect. They still showed Scizor, Heracross, and Pinsir some love with their Mega Evos though (Pinsir being the best if you ask me)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Which Bug-type is the best to use defensively?
I would say Volcarona. Thanks to its Flame Body ability, opponents would get burnt while trying to land hits, which would halve their Attack and enable it to withstand more hits. Plus, with Roost, it could recover its health whenever it wishes to. :p Aside from that, Drapion is pretty good, too.

Years
That is awesome artwork. Who's he battling? Scyther looks like a lizard in this picture. One of my favorite Bug-types.

Oh my goodness, how did you do that? That fusion looks awesome.

By the way, a new topic is up on the original post for everyone to answer.

Thank you!

Lots of experience spriting...along with several years of less than desirable spriting. Though, I am still looking to improve!

Which bug type best defensive?

As for the best defensive, I love Vespiquen, I wish she had a better ability like Filter to go along with her terrible typing and excellent defensive stats. Though, she does well in-game, non-competitive, in this regard. I love using Defense Order and Heal Order setup to set a wall that can endure plenty of super-effective moves for the next pokemon. Sometimes she can deflect a few rock attacks; though sometimes not :(

Wicked3DS

Years
As for the best defensive, I love Vespiquen, I wish she had a better ability like Filter to go along with her terrible typing and excellent defensive stats. Though, she does well in-game, non-competitive, in this regard. I love using Defense Order and Heal Order setup to set a wall that can endure plenty of super-effective moves for the next pokemon. Sometimes she can deflect a few rock attacks; though sometimes not :(

Bug/Flying is terrible for Defense. Might I ask how she deflects Rock-types with a 4x weakness?

Nakala Pri

I have Gen 7 will be much more welcoming to Bug types! <3 I actually hope it's waaaay better then Gen 6 because in my opinion, Gen 6 simply lacking in everything, worst of all, character. :C

Buuuuuuuut i have high hopes for the next Generation! ^^

Wicked3DS

Years
I have Gen 7 will be much more welcoming to Bug types! <3 I actually hope it's waaaay better then Gen 6 because in my opinion, Gen 6 simply lacking in everything, worst of all, character. :C

Buuuuuuuut i have high hopes for the next Generation! ^^

Bug/Dragon. PLEEEEAAASSSSEEE!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Bug/Flying is terrible for Defense. Might I ask how she deflects Rock-types with a 4x weakness?

For the tier it's in, NU, it's actually not that bad. If you have Reflect set up, it should be able to withstand a rock attack or two without any issue. It also has access to Defend Order; with that, you could increase both its defensive stats at once, which is pretty handy. It's able to learn Roost as well, and that's a plus. n_n"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back