• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Alpha] (MEH) Map Editor of Happiness

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
You know what would be cool, the ability to assign specific tiles certain preset movements. Like, let's be honest, unless you are dealing with levels, some tiles will always be C and some will always be 1. So it would be cool to just set up a preset feature. This isn't necessary at all, but it would be very helpful.:) Great job shiny and delta!

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
I'll only be contributing when my Chemistry teacher isn't crazy about one-night projects :v

Alright I did that and now it's saying that I need to configure/install an SDK. Which SDK does this use? I know it's not an android application lolz.

Use Java 1.6, but I think it's 1.6 by default.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2023
Man, this looks like a great editor. I'm looking forward to seeing some good progress on it in the future. Can't wait for the add & remove map, etc functions to be implemented. :)

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
hey i know this is an alpha and all that but just curious when it reaches its final version will it ever be a .exe with .dll files or something like that or could you maybe make an easy installation .exe that installs all the required files and maybe an auto update? i dont even know what half of this stuff is and sorry in advance for bein a newb at java'n'stuff(you could still include the java files for ppl who cant use .exe files or something like that) or can it not be .exe based to be "Open-Source"?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Thought of a new feature. Well, sort of.

Could the ini support freespace ranges instead of just "start searching for freespace from here on (like what A-Map currently does)"?

For example, the user would define that the freespace they want used is from 800000-835657, 900001-920000, E3D900-FFFFFF in the ini, and MEH would only search for freespace in those ranges, and then plop out a warning if they're full?

As an extension to that, keeping MEH from using freespace in certain offset ranges would be nifty too. Say you have a table, but you're not yet sure how big you'll need it or where you'll need to end it. You could reserve a few bytes and then keep MEH from writing there by disallowing say... 912345-912999.

This would be useful for those who clear out offset ranges where old scripts are stored. Allowing them to define "you shall search up to here AND NO FURTHER" would be really helpful, and would prevent MEH from writing tiny things to farther up FFs that aren't actually freespace.

Last edited:

byrikudouvlog

Romhacker promise
Years
I've tried, but wild pokemon list is only up Exploud.
What should I do to break out the 411 + pokemon the new pokemon I've inserted expanding pokedex?

Where do I pick the weather (such as rain, mist, sun) and the tiles?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hey, You can add support for Jambo51's 649 patch?

No. That project is dead. Do NOT use it. I am the current owner and it is not going anywhere due to bugs. The moves, abilities, and custom features are being split up, cleaned, and put into MrDollSteak's patch with credit to Jambo. Expanded pokemon can be done with G3HS or DoesntKnowHowToPlay's tutorial. As I have said, do NOT use Jambo's 649 patch. I will simply remove your thread as it has been made very clear that the patch is not to be used for hacking everywhere it has been hosted by both Jambo and I.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 21, 2014
No. That project is dead. Do NOT use it. I am the current owner and it is not going anywhere due to bugs. The moves, abilities, and custom features are being split up, cleaned, and put into MrDollSteak's patch with credit to Jambo. Expanded pokemon can be done with G3HS or DoesntKnowHowToPlay's tutorial. As I have said, do NOT use Jambo's 649 patch. I will simply remove your thread as it has been made very clear that the patch is not to be used for hacking everywhere it has been hosted by both Jambo and I.

I just wanted to play Pokemon Liquid Crystal (just personal edit for me only), and insert Sinnoh and Unova pokémons in wild spots.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Well. Nice idea for A-Map ancestor. But I have an questions.
1. It can add new MAP BANKS for special places for extra Towns?
2. This rom can edit places on World Map even with adding an secound one? (I mean programs like Positron World Map Tool>
3. In A-Map is feature for adding new Tilesets. MEH have this feature?
4. Any option for adding Headers or Flying Positions?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Hope to not bother you, but I just found a little bug in MEH that isn't that serious. It's with the Nidorans in the wild Pokemon area. If you use the arrow keys to scroll down, and go from Nidoran (f) to Nidorina then Nidoqueen and press down again, it'll take you to Nidoran (f) instead of (m). If this has been reported before then sorry.
Also you can't choose Nidoran (m) in the wild pokemon, it thinks it's Nidoran F, even if you type 32 in the dex number thing, it will take it back to 29.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Well. Nice idea for A-Map ancestor. But I have an questions.
1. It can add new MAP BANKS for special places for extra Towns?
2. This rom can edit places on World Map even with adding an secound one? (I mean programs like Positron World Map Tool>
3. In A-Map is feature for adding new Tilesets. MEH have this feature?
4. Any option for adding Headers or Flying Positions?

Alright, lets get some questions answered:

1. Not currently, but possibly. It's been glitchy in A-Map and I'm actually kinda afraid to do it because it could go horribly wrong for people.
  2. Not sure how to answer this, but I will say that there's no world map editor at the current moment.
  3. I actually have a specific plan for tilesets, and yes, adding tilesets will be supported.
  4. Not currently, but I do plan on adding a way to edit and add flight spots.

Also, sorry for the lack of updates as of late, school sucks. I am working on getting at least a little work into MEH so hang tight. ;)

Microchip55

I'm a crumb.
Years
I'm so excited for this program XD cross platform, open source and the author is actually working on it XD

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
hey i know this is an alpha and all that but just curious when it reaches its final version will it ever be a .exe with .dll files or something like that or could you maybe make an easy installation .exe that installs all the required files and maybe an auto update? i dont even know what half of this stuff is and sorry in advance for bein a newb at java'n'stuff(you could still include the java files for ppl who cant use .exe files or something like that) or can it not be .exe based to be "Open-Source"?

Sorry for the late reply. Most likely, there won't be a final version (we'll never stop working on it :)).

But as the project progresses, we'll most likely add accelerated support for individual platforms, port this thing to C, and we'll end up with a nightly build that sends out .jars, .zips containing all required Windows binaries, and executables for Linux-based systems.

Hopefully that helps.

Years
I really love this new map editor and the potential within it. However I would like to ask some questions and give some recommendations:
-When do you think this will be finalised?
-Do you intend to add the World Map Editor? (If so, will you add support for world map image editing?)
-What kind of plugins do you intend to add?

And a few recommendations:
-Clean up your INI...it's seriously difficult to understand and edit. I prefer the method of editing offsets in the INI than using an offset pointed to a new table.
-Fix up your Wild Pokémon Editor for use with 649 patches - it read all my extra Pokémon on Ruby wrongly, cutting off the last letter and instead giving the last letter to the next Pokémon, something that only has occurred with your tool so far.

And lastly, a compliment (you deserve it:)):

You're doing a great job with this app, it's potential is amazing. Best of luck!

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
I really love this new map editor and the potential within it. However I would like to ask some questions and give some recommendations:
-When do you think this will be finalised?
-Do you intend to add the World Map Editor? (If so, will you add support for world map image editing?)
-What kind of plugins do you intend to add?

And a few recommendations:
-Clean up your INI...it's seriously difficult to understand and edit. I prefer the method of editing offsets in the INI than using an offset pointed to a new table.
For the INI mess, that would be interdpth. I personally wanted to only use what we actually... use. But he wanted everything so the best I could do is clean out a few things I guess. Also, I designed most of the pointers to be, well, a pointer to a pointer, simply because a pointer to a pointer will never fail, while a flat pointer can be repointed causing things to go weird. You really shouldn't have to change pointers all that often.

I have an question about usage of Expanded Pokedex <By KarateKid tool or by other way> Your editor can use extra Pokemon to put them into the grass? Edit this section by Hex is hard.
-Fix up your Wild Pokémon Editor for use with 649 patches - it read all my extra Pokémon on Ruby wrongly, cutting off the last letter and instead giving the last letter to the next Pokémon, something that only has occurred with your tool so far.
OK, so regarding the wild editor, I haven't actually tested it on a ROM with an extended pokedex. I merely made it so that you could read out additional Pokemon from the name table (so the code is in there and in the INI). I did get my hands on a ROM which had an expanded dex so I'll work out some of those bugs today.

Back