Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 6 Days Ago (10:30 PM).
LetItBeKnown
Already Dead

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to LetItBeKnown
So, I have a job interview on the 28th of this month for King's Island (exclusive amusement park found only in Ohio for those of you that don't know). I was wondering if I should dress up for this interview and if so...what do I wear?

I'm not exactly the suit and tie type, so forgive me. Would black jeans and a dress shirt be okay or should I go all out?

Thanks.
Old 6 Days Ago (05:59 AM).
Luck Hax
Mad, Bad and Dangerous To Know

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Luck Hax
Quote originally posted by LetItBeKnown:
So, I have a job interview on the 28th of this month for King's Island (exclusive amusement park found only in Ohio for those of you that don't know). I was wondering if I should dress up for this interview and if so...what do I wear?

I'm not exactly the suit and tie type, so forgive me. Would black jeans and a dress shirt be okay or should I go all out?

Thanks.
How do the staff at the amusement park dress? Is there any way to talk to people there for advice on how their interview was?

As it's likely to be a customer facing role, I personally would go all out to look as smart as possible. They'll be gauging the impression you make on them as the impression you make on their customers. If there's something that looks like you haven't made as much effort as you could, and if someone else has made that effort to look that bit smarter, it could be disadvantageous even if you interview well.

Colour co-ordinating to match the colour of whatever uniform their staff may wear can be a good idea as it makes it easier for them to associate you with members of their staff. Obviously making a good warm friendly impression is vital as well, but attention to little details will pay off.
Sarcasm, its what social able people have, you know wen you go out and meet chicks just not on forums 1,000,000 miles away from you and you ask them what color underwear they have. - Aristotle, 355 B.C

#pidgy - the latest thrilling installment from PokéTweeter. COMPLETE EVERY POKEMON GAME!!!
Old 6 Days Ago (06:01 AM).
Tsutarja
Snivy used Attract~ ♥

Nature: Jolly

Thanks.
Dressing up for a job interview, no matter where you plan to work (even if it was at a McDonald's), is a definite yes. I would suggest you not wear jeans (even if they are black) as well, since jeans aren't necessarily considered professional. The more formal you dress, the more it shows the hiring manager how professional you plan to be.

You shouldn't necessarily have to be fully-suited, but definitely yes to the dress shirt (with long sleeves), and a tie as well. Then find a pair of slacks (preferably black) to wear. You should also wear a pair of dress shoes as well. To top things off, make sure your facial hair is either non-existent or kept minimal and neat. Same with your hair: make sure it's neatly-cut and brushed.

Hope this helps!
Old 6 Days Ago (05:17 PM).
LetItBeKnown
Already Dead

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to LetItBeKnown
Quote originally posted by Luck Hax:
How do the staff at the amusement park dress? Is there any way to talk to people there for advice on how their interview was?
Dress code for King's Island is very inconsistent, usually changing depending on where you are going to work at (games, dining, etc.). I didn't apply for a specific position so that I would be favorable over others who are more picky than I. Same goes for the interview, it changes. So, I really have no idea what I'm up against here.

Also, first interview, and I'm really nervous.

Quote originally posted by Tsutarja:
Dressing up for a job interview, no matter where you plan to work (even if it was at a McDonald's), is a definite yes. I would suggest you not wear jeans (even if they are black) as well, since jeans aren't necessarily considered professional. The more formal you dress, the more it shows the hiring manager how professional you plan to be.

You shouldn't necessarily have to be fully-suited, but definitely yes to the dress shirt (with long sleeves), and a tie as well. Then find a pair of slacks (preferably black) to wear. You should also wear a pair of dress shoes as well. To top things off, make sure your facial hair is either non-existent or kept minimal and neat. Same with your hair: make sure it's neatly-cut and brushed.

Hope this helps!
I figured as much. Not sure I have a tie, but my mohawk will definitely have to be down (per their dress code) as well as my piercings out. I'll probably be buying some retainers too, in case I am hired.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 6 Days Ago (05:23 PM).
Tsutarja
Snivy used Attract~ ♥

Nature: Jolly
Dress code for King's Island is very inconsistent, usually changing depending on where you are going to work at (games, dining, etc.). I didn't apply for a specific position so that I would be favorable over others who are more picky than I. Same goes for the interview, it changes. So, I really have no idea what I'm up against here.

I figured as much. Not sure I have a tie, but my mohawk will definitely have to be down (per their dress code) as well as my piercings out. I'll probably be buying some retainers too, in case I am hired.

Thanks for the advice.
Yeah, you definitely want to keep your piercings out for the interview, and any tattoos you have (if you have any) should be kept well hidden as well.

Also, if you don't have a tie, you could run to Walmart or even your local thrift store and find one that's relatively inexpensive. Try to get one that's plain in design (not too graphical) and contrasts very well with your dress shirt as well.

I wish you the best of luck.
Old 5 Days Ago (04:44 AM).
Luck Hax
Mad, Bad and Dangerous To Know

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Luck Hax

Keeping yourself eligible for every position is a good move. I'd say dress for the best then. Best advice I can give you (from my own experience for better or worse!) would be

-Obviously, dressing to impress is a given from earlier!
-Particularly for the nerves side of things: don't try to force an answer out as soon as a question is asked. You can take a little time to think about it and give a more measured response.
-Honesty >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
-Doing your research on the company is a very good idea. A very common question is the good old "what do you know about the company?" One way I REALLY stood out for my current job was the fact I'd prepared to the point where I was reeling off a timeline of significant events from 1892 onwards. Not a lot says "I want to work for you" as much as having a solid idea of a company's background as opposed to being able to give them model answers for typical questions.
-It took me 5 interviews to get a job in the end, so even if it does go wrong, make sure you ask for feedback on your interview! 3 of my interviews gave me very helpful feedback that helped with future ones.

gl, hf.
Sarcasm, its what social able people have, you know wen you go out and meet chicks just not on forums 1,000,000 miles away from you and you ask them what color underwear they have. - Aristotle, 355 B.C

#pidgy - the latest thrilling installment from PokéTweeter. COMPLETE EVERY POKEMON GAME!!!
Old 5 Days Ago (08:04 PM).
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
OK, this is a really random question.

I want to resize some images. I want to make them bigger, not smaller. I found some nice avatars, but they're 80x80 (I think) and I want something around 150-180px.

I can't find a site that doesn't ruin the image quality upon resizing, though. Any suggestions? ☺

FC: 4699-7283-5972; IGN: Irène, Etoile; Trade Shop; Trade Reviews
Old 5 Days Ago (08:52 PM).
zappyspiker
Baymax Fistbump
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Belldandy:
OK, this is a really random question.

I want to resize some images. I want to make them bigger, not smaller. I found some nice avatars, but they're 80x80 (I think) and I want something around 150-180px.

I can't find a site that doesn't ruin the image quality upon resizing, though. Any suggestions? ☺
Download GIMP and do a perfect resize? Tbh the image quality won't be that amazing, but more or less tolerable.
With an avatar already the size of 80 x 80 resizing it to be bigger whatever the method will cause the image to be more blurry and lose quality.
Finding a site to do it for you won't help either, it's better to do something like this on photoshop or GIMP and do it yourself.

Sponsored Links