• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Derpizard

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
It took me way too long to choose the starter...

hahaha good work. I look forward to the backstory. I also had a slight glitch with the pokemon centre. Nurse Derp froze before giving my Pokemon back.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
It took me way too long to choose the starter...

hahaha good work. I look forward to the backstory. I also had a slight glitch with the pokemon centre. Nurse Derp froze before giving my Pokemon back.

Lol, it is truly a choice to consider....

That should have been fixed. Are you playing the most current version? I had accidentally replaced the nurse's animation pointer with that of another sprites, which caused that.

karatekid552

Years
Okay, so I have been thinking about this for a while: how about a challenge? I realize this hack presents some challenges in just making it anywhere in the story, so I'm going to throw down the gauntlet: the first one to make it all the way through the end of story and post a screen shot of their team entered into the Hall of Fame will have the oppertunity to create a completely custom charactor for the Derpizard Origins hack. Anything you wish, even a charactor who has influence on the story.

So, what do you say? Are you Derpy strong enough for it?

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
Okay, so I have been thinking about this for a while: how about a challenge? I realize this hack presents some challenges in just making it anywhere in the story, so I'm going to throw down the gauntlet: the first one to make it all the way through the end of story and post a screen shot of their team entered into the Hall of Fame will have the oppertunity to create a completely custom charactor for the Derpizard Origins hack. Anything you wish, even a charactor who has influence on the story.

So, what do you say? Are you Derpy strong enough for it?

Well, since I was playing this with my friends and got to the sixth gym I decided I might as well finish it.

zymdTQe.jpg

Groudon, Gardevoir, Breloom, Solrock, Swellow and Hariyama.
Derpizard, Derpizard, Derpizard, Derpizard, Derpizard and Derpizard.

It was quite funny, but if you've played Ruby before you can know what Pokemon the other trainer sends out. But good job anyways!

Also, I've found a little bug. Some overworlds don't show up well in foggy areas. The outline gets light.

dnk96af.jpg

karatekid552

Years
Well, since I was playing this with my friends and got to the sixth gym I decided I might as well finish it.

zymdTQe.jpg

Groudon, Gardevoir, Breloom, Solrock, Swellow and Hariyama.
Derpizard, Derpizard, Derpizard, Derpizard, Derpizard and Derpizard.

It was quite funny, but if you've played Ruby before you can know what Pokemon the other trainer sends out. But good job anyways!

Also, I've found a little bug. Some overworlds don't show up well in foggy areas. The outline gets light.

dnk96af.jpg

Well then! I didn't expect anyone to finish it so soon! Awesome job. Just pm me with all of the information about your character that you would like to have created and I'll draw it up for you.

On the bug, I don't know if it is the fog or the GroudonDerpizard, screwing with the palettes. After making this game, I learned more about overworlds and how the palettes for each actually have specific slots and they have data which chooses which palette has priority to a certain slot when two palettes are going for the same slot. This is what I think is happening here, since I pretty much just copied and pasted the OW data for a Derpizard over and over again, they probably just had the same palette slot and a different palette as the GroudonDerpizard has a stone grey palette before awakening. I will look into this!

Anyways, great job. Glad to see I really didn't have too many bugs in this game. Have a good day!

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Seriously... Noone's volunteered to do tiles yet...?

I'l make some tiles right now.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
i named my character duuuuurp so whenever another derpizard refers to my derpizard they go "duuuuuurp!"

also, did you somehow randomize the moves of every derpizard? i got a derpizard that had water gun and confusion and was holding a tm for hidden power, anmd i encountered a derpizard that was resistant to confusion but used peck and koed my derpizard... by the way, i tried to use hidden power but my derpizard couldn't learn it. do tms even work at all, becasue i know every pokemon normally can learn hidden power.

karatekid552

Years
i named my character duuuuurp so whenever another derpizard refers to my derpizard they go "duuuuuurp!"

also, did you somehow randomize the moves of every derpizard? i got a derpizard that had water gun and confusion and was holding a tm for hidden power, anmd i encountered a derpizard that was resistant to confusion but used peck and koed my derpizard... by the way, i tried to use hidden power but my derpizard couldn't learn it. do tms even work at all, becasue i know every pokemon normally can learn hidden power.

lol! For the most part, this was simply a graphical hack. Only 2 Pokemon had changes to their data besides sprites and that is your starter and... Well, that is a secret.:p I left all other moves and stats the same so that it wouldn't get boring, and provide the unique challenges of not knowing what type of Pokemon you're facing, kind of like a constant guessing game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am making a Prequel/Sequel which is now officially known as Derpizard: Contamination. I will make a thread on here when I am ready to release my first beta of it, but if you subscribe to me on youtube (thekaratekid552) or on the page on RHO Social (http://www.romhackersonline.com/social/pages/173) you can get peaks into what is happening. This one will have a full story line and a ton of custom ASM to make it as awesome as possible.

As of today, I finished the introduction and the opening scene (which is in a dream), along with already finishing the titlescreen and bootscreen. Hopefully I will find a lot of time to work on it, but it will be a while before the first beta because I want to make it 3 gyms in where you actually find out what created the derpizards (well, they won't be a problem just yet, but the seeds will have been sown....).

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
ok that makes sense, also i think the map got corrupted or something, you get covered by the dirt in route 103, there's flowers instead of normal grass, and i saw some npcs clip through the tree tiles, among other things

edit:ok, the game is now practically unplayable for me becasue of the glitched up map, and i think you randomized the random encounters becasue I SWEAR i encountered a lv. 8 totodile on route 103. also, you can't fight wild pokemon in route 101, i tried, nothing comes out.

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
ok that makes sense, also i think the map got corrupted or something, you get covered by the dirt in route 103, there's flowers instead of normal grass, and i saw some npcs clip through the tree tiles, among other things

edit:ok, the game is now practically unplayable for me becasue of the glitched up map, and i think you randomized the random encounters becasue I SWEAR i encountered a lv. 8 totodile on route 103. also, you can't fight wild pokemon in route 101, i tried, nothing comes out.

I never even opened route 103 in A-Map, never mind edited it. I am playing the copy I made the patch from right now and it works just fine on both of those routes. Are you sure you patched it right?

Feel free to open up my ROM in PGE and compare pokemon stats to a clean Ruby (AXVE) copy. They are exactly the same with the exception of #9 which is your starter Derpizard. I did no randomizing whatsoever. I know what I did do and didn't do.

My fair opinion is that you patched an unclean rom, used the wrong patch with the wrong program, or are using a non-E version of Ruby.

Also, someone has already played the game the whole way through. He knew exactly what pokemon he was using based upon their index numbers and abilities when caught and the only bug he reported was a bad palette when you get to the Groudon Awakening. He also didn't report and randomization.

Also, I just checked route 103 and there aren't any totodiles.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
okay i think the fact its not european is the problem. hang on...
great i cant find a european ruby rom taht works with vba.

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
okay i think the fact its not european is the problem. hang on...
great i cant find a european ruby rom taht works with vba.

I'm from the USA, and I was using Ruby AXVE. That should be easy to find.

--------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE!

Thanks to gogojjtech, all of the music has been redone. This time, it has been taken to the maximum derpiness:P. He changed all of the songs to only use trumpets when possible, building on people's hatred of the over reliance of them in RS. Since this was the only change, you can still use your current save file, but you need to patch a new, clean, rom. Have fun!

Also, I have been adding videos of Derpizard: Contamination to my YouTube (thekaratekid552), so check them out.^.^

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I only changed song songs, not sound effects like attacks, or when you bump into a wall. It can be done, but a lot of time will be taken. Anyway, every song including some only used by sapphire, are trumpeted. So check em out in Sappy if you wish. Also, any song that you hear some other sound, send me a message and I will change that instrument into a trumpet too! Cheers

EDIT: Turns out that somehow, water gun's attack fx is a trumpet. LOL

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
I really like the overworld sprite. {XD}
I think it could be impoved if you added different colours, for instance: Blue derpizard, blue derpizard etc.

karatekid552

Years
I really like the overworld sprite. {XD}
I think it could be impoved if you added different colours, for instance: Blue derpizard, blue derpizard etc.
Thanks man. It took a long time to get those, especially that bike one! Haha.

I'm pretty much done with this game. Wait 'till you see what I'm cooking up for Derpizard: Contamination. ;)

Back