• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Wait…who's that character again (in real English, please?) Then again, it could mean that we're finally getting a Dark-type Gym Leader (if that girl is a Gym Leader, of course.)
She's Shauna, one of the friendly rivals who lives in the starting town. So she's not a Gym Leader, and it's not known yet what Pokemon she's interested in. It's just known that she wants to journey to find her dream.

And I like the style of the new buttons. They look fun and I like that the color choices make it really easy to see which button is for what.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps the guy who's doing the dex get's the starter weak to ours, our opposite sex character get's the one strong against us, and Shauna and the dancing guy get Gothita, and Vanillite respectively.

Years
Perhaps the guy who's doing the dex get's the starter weak to ours, our opposite sex character get's the one strong against us, and Shauna and the dancing guy get Gothita, and Vanillite respectively.

The guy with the dex? I think you mean Trevor. Yeah I could see him getting the starter with the disadvantage (i.e. if I choose Froakie, he chooses Fennekin), and then the opposite gender protagonist (Calem/Serena) could pick the one with the type advantage against us (i.e. I choose Froakie, he/she chooses Chespin).

As for Shauna and Tierno, the markings of Gothita's bows and the Vanillite pic on their clothing could signal that the Gothita and Vanillite lines could be their signature Pokemon, and maybe they might appear in the Kalos Dex if that's the case.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
It's in my signature what four pokemon I'm thinking about right now. Although if the rumours about Clauncher evolving into an electric type is true then there will be a change there.

Outside of those four pokemon I don't see any team material so far, for me personally. Maybe Gogoat at a stretch.

If the rumour about Mawile getting an evolution is true I could see it getting a spot on my team.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
So far for me, I'm going with Chespin, Pancham, Clauncher, Litleo, and Flabebe. But, that's just because of what we have so far. Once we get more reveals that'll probably change for the most part. I want Chespin because, like I've said before, I hope it evolves into Grass/Dark. I want Pancham because, well, freaking Panda! And he is Fighting type, and I don't use that much so it'll be new for me mostly. Clauncher because I just kind of like how it looks...I guess? Not sure about him to much. And Litleo is a Fire Lion. Need I say more? And Flabebe because I suppose I should try out this new type. No sense in not trying it. And I honestly like Flabebe A LOT more than Sylveon.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Chespin, Noivern, Litleo, Flabebe, Pancham, and Clauncher for me. I love that there are enough Gen VI Pokemon revealed for me to have a full team that I love picked out.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Chespin, Noivern, Litleo, Flabebe, Pancham, and Clauncher for me. I love that there are enough Gen VI Pokemon revealed for me to have a full team that I love picked out.

I feel the same about the team picking thing. I do have this feeling though that come actually playing the game I'm going to be determined to make every single Pokemon a member of the team, which will inevitably fail {XD}

35heas4.png

There is a picture of a Pokemon in that fight bubble. Anyone know what it is?

Last edited:

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
Well, they do look a lot like them.
Speaking of older NPC's, is there a chance of Fantina returning? She has that France accent...
There could be a huge possibility that Fantina was brought up in Kalos as a child. Who knows... Just have to wait and see.
I was amazed when Jasmine made an appearance in Pokemon Platinum in Sunyshore City.

Years
I will say, I like the direction that Game Freak is going in for X and Y.. a lot of people may disagree, but I see the game as coming closer to reality, such as the 3D effects.

As for France and Fantina, I totally forgot she was French XD but it would make perfect sense to have a cameo of her in X and Y.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well, they do look a lot like them.
Speaking of older NPC's, is there a chance of Fantina returning? She has that France accent...

There could be a huge possibility that Fantina was brought up in Kalos as a child. Who knows... Just have to wait and see.
I was amazed when Jasmine made an appearance in Pokemon Platinum in Sunyshore City.

I will say, I like the direction that Game Freak is going in for X and Y.. a lot of people may disagree, but I see the game as coming closer to reality, such as the 3D effects.

As for France and Fantina, I totally forgot she was French XD but it would make perfect sense to have a cameo of her in X and Y.

Her accent, which is French not France, is only French in English speaking versions. I believe she has an English accent in japanese and another foreign speaking version so it makes very little sense. She like a few characters were "western country" design to add a foriegner appeal to the games.

They also did not add LT. Surge despite him being the Lightning American into the US based Unova Region. Surge even has a specifically stated origin unlike Fantina.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I feel the same about the team picking thing. I do have this feeling though that come actually playing the game I'm going to be determined to make every single Pokemon a member of the team, which will inevitably fail {XD}

There is a picture of a Pokemon in that fight bubble. Anyone know what it is?

On first instinct I thought it looked like Shinx or Litleo....but I'm not sure now.

130604_2.jpg
130604_3.jpg

Haha does anyone think it looks like Looker and Colress?

That looks like anyone wearing a trenchcoat. Looker doesn't really have noticeable outfit. You could say it looks like Dick Gumshoe from Ace Attorney too.

Also, wouldn't Colress have some of that blue quiff around the back of his head?

Last edited:

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
On first instinct I thought it looked like Shinx or Litleo....but I'm not sure now.
I don't know, it looks Pink/Purple, round shaped with wings and a strange tail. Maybe I'm scrutinizing too hard but it looks like a new little Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back