• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
I wanna ask if I could join I recently caught my first shiny a starly on tuesday, now I hunting on any shiny I could get.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Sorry for the delay, been busy! D: New members and new shinies have been added to the first post! :)

May I join? So far my only shiny is Poochyena by Masuda Method (sad I know, xD ) and right now I'm hunting a shiny Absol.
Welcome to the club! Gold doggy is awesome. <3
Taking a break after hatching 120 Litwick eggs. I' think of switching to Munna just to keep it fresh you know? but like this
607.png
much better than this
517.png
Personally, I always look at the last evolution (unless I am not going to evolve it.)

609.png
looks just as awesome as
518.png
in my opinion. I have a Shiny Musharna too. It's nice. Has a horrible nature, and Forewarn. But hey, it's shiny!

Also, Munna takes a lot less time to hatch~
lol the original SHC was one of my key motivators when it was bustling. I still want to complete my collection of shiny cover legendaries and grass starters.

...oh wait, the Poochyena was bred, nevermind that. I was under the assumption that the pooch was a random encounter.

My missing chained shinies are Bronzor, Stantler, and more Roselia. I will edit them into my second post. (Holy crap! Under original SHC cert shiny rules, that counts as 52 shinies!! But I waive my claims to them as well as repeats found on different chains, which keeps it at 43.)
Updated! :D
Wow, what a great group! I'd love to join.

I currently only own one Shiny -- a Patrat; the first Pokemon I ran into on Black!
I had caught a Shiny Buneary and Snover on Diamond, but have since restarted.
Well thank you~

I love shiny Patrat and Watchog. They are so..colorful. o3o My favorite beginning-normal-rat-Pokemon. I don't really like Bidoof, Zigzagoon/Poochyena, or Ratatta. :(
I wanna ask if I could join I recently caught my first shiny a starly on tuesday, now I hunting on any shiny I could get.
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your hunts. Can I call you BurntTorchic? Your name reminds me of burnt toast.

Your name also reminds me of chili chocolate (it sounds nasty but it is godly.)

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
I have a question does the shiny gyarados from lake rage out HG/SS count or not ? Because Its a legit shiny and it isn't a event pokemon so ?

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2011
i have few legit shineys but many hacked ones xD

i have many shineys but most are hacked :(

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I have a question does the shiny gyarados from lake rage out HG/SS count or not ? Because Its a legit shiny and it isn't a event pokemon so ?

Sure, you can count it! It's not as fun as getting a rare one, but it is a legit shiny.

Aw, that's no fun! Hacking takes out the thrill of finding something so rare, most people never see! Would you like to start searching for legit shinys? It's a lot of fun once you get into it, and it absolutely blasts hacked shinys out of the water.

By the way, which of your shinys are legit ones? We'd be more than happy to let you into our club if you'd like to look for more legit shinys and post the ones you have.

As for my hunts, I've slowed down on the Emerald Ditto hunt due to RNG fears. :( I'm beefing up on the Drifloon hunt now, and Hitmonlee's probably going to become my secondary hunt.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts! And Ru, Giratina is a really cool shiny! The blue-ish wings look awesome! :)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
You can count it for your own personal collection, but it is an in-game event shiny Pokemon, it is always shiny and therefore it does not go on the Pokedex of hunted shinies.

It's nice to be honest. :) As long as you don't hack shinies and try to say they're legit, you won't get judged here for it~
Sure, you can count it! It's not as fun as getting a rare one, but it is a legit shiny.

Aw, that's no fun! Hacking takes out the thrill of finding something so rare, most people never see! Would you like to start searching for legit shinys? It's a lot of fun once you get into it, and it absolutely blasts hacked shinys out of the water.

By the way, which of your shinys are legit ones? We'd be more than happy to let you into our club if you'd like to look for more legit shinys and post the ones you have.

As for my hunts, I've slowed down on the Emerald Ditto hunt due to RNG fears. :( I'm beefing up on the Drifloon hunt now, and Hitmonlee's probably going to become my secondary hunt.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts! And Ru, Giratina is a really cool shiny! The blue-ish wings look awesome! :)

I would never hunt in Emerald because of the RNG. :( I did get a shiny in Emerald, and I found another. I still have a Shiny Whismur from Emerald, haven't trained it at all. I also found a Shiny Wobbufette in the Safari Zone, which ran.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
Thanks for updating the lists! :)

Right now I'm trying to hunt for a shiny Bagon in Platinum for the St Patrick's Day challenge. XD But, So far haven't gotten one. I'll probably wind up getting one after but I've always wanted shiny Bagon anyway. <3

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Just a little Update I've been completely absorbed in White but I have been pseudo shiny hunting by breeding for good natures with my Jap Ditto. I had a stoke of good fortune though I obtained a Jap Servine from the GTS a day ago so I decided to breed it for a Snivy I bred it with an American Ditto to make sure the Masuda Method still applied. On my first and only Snivy Egg I hatched a Beautiful Blue Serious Snivy Natures not wonderful but I love my first gen 5 shiny. :)

Years
That's amazingly lucky! Even 1/1365 odds aren't great for that.
So cert shinies no longer count? This is probably for the best since there are so many of them now!

Shiny Watchog is awesome! It has that neon charm that made Seviper and friends so cool.
Other epic GenV shinies include Emboar, Gigalith, Chandelure, Druddigon, and Virizion. I also have my eyes set on Trubbish, Klink, Cofagrigus, and Volcarona.

If there's a St. Patrick's event going on, maybe Druddigon will be my first target. I just need to find a Jolly syncer.

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
Got a new SHINY BIBAREL caught it yesterday night at a chain of just 21. It's my second pokemon platinum shiny Yippie :)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Just a little Update I've been completely absorbed in White but I have been pseudo shiny hunting by breeding for good natures with my Jap Ditto. I had a stoke of good fortune though I obtained a Jap Servine from the GTS a day ago so I decided to breed it for a Snivy I bred it with an American Ditto to make sure the Masuda Method still applied. On my first and only Snivy Egg I hatched a Beautiful Blue Serious Snivy Natures not wonderful but I love my first gen 5 shiny. :)
Congrats on that Snivy! :D

My Snivy is also bred. It has Glare on it. o3o
That's amazingly lucky! Even 1/1365 odds aren't great for that.
So cert shinies no longer count? This is probably for the best since there are so many of them now!

Shiny Watchog is awesome! It has that neon charm that made Seviper and friends so cool.
Other epic GenV shinies include Emboar, Gigalith, Chandelure, Druddigon, and Virizion. I also have my eyes set on Trubbish, Klink, Cofagrigus, and Volcarona.

If there's a St. Patrick's event going on, maybe Druddigon will be my first target. I just need to find a Jolly syncer.
I love Shiny Watchog. I plan to get one, hopefully with Illuminate so I can use it for hunting. :)

There is a St. Patrick's event going on. o:
Got a new SHINY BIBAREL caught it yesterday night at a chain of just 21. It's my second pokemon platinum shiny Yippie :)
Congrats!

I plan on hunting in the grass in White Forest, and the double grass on Route 18 when I can.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015

Awesome! That is really lucky, congrats! I think Snivy's whole evolution line looks really nice shiny. ^^ The blue suits it. Also congrats since it's your first gen 5 shiny. :D

MetalMario said:
Shiny Watchog is awesome!

Landorus said:
I love Shiny Watchog.

I also like shiny Watchog. I don't know why a lot of people are hating on it though. :/

DarkTorchic said:
Got a new SHINY BIBAREL caught it yesterday night at a chain of just 21. It's my second pokemon platinum shiny Yippie

Congrats! :) Did you continue your chain after as well? I haven't been so lucky as to catch a shiny before 40. I think that only happened once.

MetalMario said:

Good luck! Druddigon is pretty sweet looking as a shiny.

Landorus said:
I plan on hunting in the grass in White Forest, and the double grass on Route 18 when I can.

Does looking in the double grass up your chances for a shiny encounter? I haven't been too sure on this one for a while.. and ooo, White Forest hunting. That should be cool since there's exclusives in there. XD

DarkTorchic said:
I'm at the moment chaining for a chansey fingers crossed

Good luck on Chansey hunting! ^^

So far I've hatched over a box and a half of Bagon and still no shiny. I'm going to keep trying after my DSi is finished charging. My sister hatched a shiny this morning in Diamond, so it kinda got my hopes up to try again later.

G-Money

Years
Right now I'm trying to hunt for a shiny Bagon in Platinum for the St Patrick's Day challenge. XD But, So far haven't gotten one. I'll probably wind up getting one after but I've always wanted shiny Bagon anyway. <3

Good luck! Bagon would be an awesome shiny to get, especially for the St. Patrick's Day Challenge. Speaking of which:

Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)

Wow, that's awesome! Congratulations on getting a shiny on your first egg! That's really good luck, "lol."

Congratulations! *welcomes DarkTorchic to the Shiny Bibarel Club*

Good luck on your hunting I'm at the moment chaining for a chansey fingers crossed :D

Good luck! Chansey's another good St. Patrick's Day pick, and it might end up being good for battle, too.

Does looking in the double grass up your chances for a shiny encounter? I haven't been too sure on this one for a while.. and ooo, White Forest hunting. That should be cool since there's exclusives in there. XD

As I understand it, the odds in double grass are still 1/8192, but since you see more Pokemon, it just makes that go by faster. The mathematical odds are the same, but you're just getting to 8192 encounters in a smaller amount of time.

Congrats to your sister on her shiny!

I have a question about Zorua. I heard you can only get it if you have a Celebi (or Johto event trio and then breed), but does it have to be the specific event Celebi, or can it be any Celebi? I have a Journey Across America one from a few years ago (2006?), but I don't have any of the recent events. I want to be able to get Zorua, "lol." (Although it would probably help if I had B/W!) :D

I've just been SRing for Drifloon over the past couple of days. Most shiny ghost Pokemon look really cool, and Drifloon will be my third ghost! Maybe I could become a shiny ghost trainer or something like that in the future...

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
I've just been SRing for Drifloon over the past couple of days. Most shiny ghost Pokemon look really cool, and Drifloon will be my third ghost! Maybe I could become a shiny ghost trainer or something like that in the future...

Hey I'm also soft reseting for a drifloon good luck :)

Congrats! :) Did you continue your chain after as well? I haven't been so lucky as to catch a shiny before 40. I think that only happened once.

Good luck on Chansey hunting! ^^

So far I've hatched over a box and a half of Bagon and still no shiny. I'm going to keep trying after my DSi is finished charging. My sister hatched a shiny this morning in Diamond, so it kinda got my hopes up to try again later.

It's my second shining before 40 and I did continue the chain but it broke :(

The shiny chansey was a failure as well :( better luck next time :)

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Hi everyone! I have updated the second post with new contest information. Since St.Patricks Day has passed, and no one has gotten a shiny that applies to that contest, there will be no winner.

I have added the Shiny Circuit to the second post, and remember that March Madness is still going on!
Spoiler:

I think I am going to breed for a Shiny Darumakka with its Dream World ability. I just caught a Female Zen Mode Darmamitan in my English White, and a Male one in my Japanese Black. So I will use those to breed. Wish me luck!

Edit NEW SHINY:

HOLY JESUS! I hatched a Shiny Sassy Darumakka on the SIXTH egg! It has its Dream World ability too! AAAH!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
As I understand it, the odds in double grass are still 1/8192, but since you see more Pokemon, it just makes that go by faster. The mathematical odds are the same, but you're just getting to 8192 encounters in a smaller amount of time.

I have a question about Zorua. I heard you can only get it if you have a Celebi (or Johto event trio and then breed), but does it have to be the specific event Celebi, or can it be any Celebi? I have a Journey Across America one from a few years ago (2006?), but I don't have any of the recent events. I want to be able to get Zorua, "lol." (Although it would probably help if I had B/W!) :D

Ah, I see now. Yeah, I just wasn't sure if it changed the rate of seeing one but it makes sense that the rate is the same, just that you happen to see more pokémon quicker. Thanks for answering my question!

Also, good luck on Drifloon! That's a shiny I'd been after for a while but gave up SR'ing. I like it's shinyness though. And maybe you should be a ghost shiny trainer, what other ghost have you caught shinywise?

As far as I know, the event has to be triggered with the Celebi that is specific for that event. Or like you said, with breeding from the shiny beast event with Zoroark. I'm pretty sure that's the only way, unfortunately. :/ I've seen a lot of people breeding them though, so I'm sure you'd be able to obtain one in a trade and breed some yourself.

Landorus said:
I think I am going to breed for a Shiny Darumakka with its Dream World ability. I just caught a Female Zen Mode Darmamitan in my English White, and a Male one in my Japanese Black. So I will use those to breed. Wish me luck!

Edit NEW SHINY:

HOLY JESUS! I hatched a Shiny Sassy Darumakka on the SIXTH egg! It has its Dream World ability too! AAAH!

Wow! On the sixth egg only! Congrats! That will make a fantastic part of your team, and the shiny color scheme is so nice. <3 I also like the nature so that's really cool!

Also, thanks for the new challenges, I'm looking forward to trying a few of them out. :)

DarkTorchic said:
It's my second shining before 40 and I did continue the chain but it broke :(

The shiny chansey was a failure as well :( better luck next time

I'm sorry the chain broke but at least you got one before it did. ^^ And hopefully next time you try for chansey you'll have a better outcome. :) Good luck on Drifloon as well!

Shiny Bagon was a miss. Over 7 boxes full - nearly 8 - and no shiny. I'm going to wait for a while to try again since I would love a shiny Salamance. I think for the March Madness I'm going to try for shiny Eevee again because I'd love a shiny Jolteon or Espeon. Quite possibly will SR for a shiny Virizion on Black as well. ^^

G-Money

Years
Hey I'm also soft reseting for a drifloon good luck :)

Awesome! Would you like to race? Drifloon has a really awesome shiny form - I just love the bright yellow! There's such a huge contrast between the two Drifloons.
Good luck on your hunt!

Hi everyone! I have updated the second post with new contest information. Since St.Patricks Day has passed, and no one has gotten a shiny that applies to that contest, there will be no winner.

I have added the Shiny Circuit to the second post, and remember that March Madness is still going on!
Spoiler:

Edit NEW SHINY:

Congratulations on your shiny...thing you got there! I have no idea what that is, but it's a shiny, so it's awesome! Congrats, Lando. ;) It's always great to see another shiny for the club.

I like the contests! The shiny circuit should be fun! I just have one question - with the Hypnosis thing, can it already know Hypnosis or does it have to learn it later on, through level-up? I was thinking of searching for a shiny Ghastly in FR while training my Pokemon to face the Elite 4.

Also, good luck on Drifloon! That's a shiny I'd been after for a while but gave up SR'ing. I like it's shinyness though. And maybe you should be a ghost shiny trainer, what other ghost have you caught shinywise?

As far as I know, the event has to be triggered with the Celebi that is specific for that event. Or like you said, with breeding from the shiny beast event with Zoroark. I'm pretty sure that's the only way, unfortunately. :/ I've seen a lot of people breeding them though, so I'm sure you'd be able to obtain one in a trade and breed some yourself.

Thanks! It seems like the only way I would be able to get Zorua is through trading, which just isn't as fun. Maybe there'll be another event in the future.

My other shiny ghosts are Shuppet and Giratina. :) *remembers that he should be getting his banner back up soon* I was reading a list the other day of all the ghost Pokemon, and it seems pretty realistic because there aren't that many. Besides, all the ghost Pokemon are really cool, which I never realized until I began SRing for Drifloon. SRing mindlessly for hours every day really gets you thinking, doesn't it? "lol"

Good luck to everyone on their hunts! May we see another shiny soon!

Back