• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Garnet Version~

What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
This looks sweet!
So you're not done with it yet? Dang, i wanna play[:
This game just looks so awesome! I need you (and people who helped you) to teach me how to do this! (im a VERY inexperianced hacker. And you did this with a DS ROM? I only know how to edit GBA ROMs...)

This is a GAME made in RPG Maker XP, not a HACK.
And they haven't realeased any playable demos yet, btw.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
RPG maker XP? What's that?

P.S I can be an idiot, hence the last post I made[:

You're in the Game Development section, did you not notice? Learn more about RMXP here, look at that before you ask in game threads, thus being off topic.

At any rate, onto what my point was going to be. Since you're not on MSN Alex I'll have to say it in the topic. I have a slight issue with your mapping in this update. Reason being, I don't think you should use tall grass in your cities or towns as tall grass is to be used to signify wild Pokémon. There's few circumstances where you should use it in towns, the only one I could think of would be a decorative patch of two for a daycare at an un-reachable area, but that's about it. Also, and I'm not sure if the town has a history with this but, there's an over use of flowers. I'm guessing the town is mean to be flowery like this? But in the first screenshot, it's a really odd use of flowers and again, the tall grass.

All in all though, Garnet remains to be one of the most eye pleasing games out there, the big thing in my mind is the OW's. I think the tilesets of course are fantastic, but I love your characters. The swamp looks great, as does the Shrine map, the Torri's you made look great, but I'm urging you to post some scripts/eventing, or some more videos of gameplay. I know you have it, so for the benefit of your fans why not post it eh? Well, I'll speak to you soon, looking forward to the update as well as the storyline spoiler.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
At any rate, onto what my point was going to be. Since you're not on MSN Alex I'll have to say it in the topic. I have a slight issue with your mapping in this update. Reason being, I don't think you should use tall grass in your cities or towns as tall grass is to be used to signify wild Pokémon. There's few circumstances where you should use it in towns, the only one I could think of would be a decorative patch of two for a daycare at an un-reachable area, but that's about it. Also, and I'm not sure if the town has a history with this but, there's an over use of flowers. I'm guessing the town is mean to be flowery like this? But in the first screenshot, it's a really odd use of flowers and again, the tall grass.
I think that it's meant to be a meadow, hence the amount of flowers and some tall grass. Although a tile with flowers and some grass on it would make for a more realistic meadow effect.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
You're in the Game Development section, did you not notice? Learn more about RMXP here, look at that before you ask in game threads, thus being off topic.

Oh sorry...I am relatively new, this is the only thread i've been in outside of the roleplay corner and as I said, I can be an idiot...

Edit: Also, when I originally posted I didn't know I was in the Game Development section, I just clicked a banner and got here, saw the game and commented X_x

Anyway, great looking game/roleplay thing/whatever from what i've seen and good luck on finishing it and such...

Last edited:

mattfriends

Inactive... :(
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 16, 2015
When will you release the DEMO? It look nice. It's the game that have the best graphics compare to other fake pokemon game.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
Oh,a very good game.I like the sprite,the tilesets and the characters,so I love all XD

heartofdestany

aspiring mapper
Years
Your just hopping along aren't tya this is seriously awesome. I haven't seen anything like this in fan-games since the crono trigger 3d one, do we get to see more screenies?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Garnet's Camera!

Yes. You are all right, i mean: i'm a fanatic of grammar, at least i am one while speaking in italian, and it is impossible for me to avoid errors, so i have already found some trusted people, like Abnegation, who kindly offered themselves to correct my grammatical horrors.
For the map we've already corrected some errors.
As Gavin said, we need to update our topic with some original gameplay content. First of all, i'd like to introduce you our custom Camera System, based on my concept and idea and currently under development by our excellent scripter Help-14.
I have a teaser for you but a basic version already does work. ^^
As you know we have a touch, custom, menu which is quite useful for our purposes.
Open the spoiler to see a little "Promo booklet" i made.
If you want to see the basic version video (outdated maps, btw XD), open the second spoiler.

Promo Booklet
Spoiler:

Old video

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
Years
First of all, I want to congratulate with you for the beautiful game (and I am also happy to know that you are italian, like me:)).

Anyway when you say (in the "booklet"), about the filters, "they could have another use..." you mean that, making a photo with a particular filter, you can view invisible paths or something like that? I must say that's a wonderful idea and I think that can be used in a lot of different ways...Gamefreak should hire you:D.

Years
Yes. You are all right, i mean: i'm a fanatic of grammar, at least i am one while speaking in italian, and it is impossible for me to avoid errors, so i have already found some trusted people, like Abnegation, who kindly offered themselves to correct my grammatical horrors.
For the map we've already corrected some errors.
As Gavin said, we need to update our topic with some original gameplay content. First of all, i'd like to introduce you our custom Camera System, based on my concept and idea and currently under development by our excellent scripter Help-14.
I have a teaser for you but a basic version already does work. ^^
As you know we have a touch, custom, menu which is quite useful for our purposes.
Open the spoiler to see a little "Promo booklet" i made.
If you want to see the basic version video (outdated maps, btw XD), open the second spoiler.

Promo Booklet
Spoiler:

Old video

LoZ Majora's Mask GOGO ^_^, great update mercury/hydra =D *can already imagine the quests you will make us go through with the camera as the sole "focus" (pun intended) ^_^*

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
Dude... one thing i wanna say.... THIS IS FREAKIN AMAZIN!!! Y DONT NINTENDO GUYZ HIRE U GUYZ!!! U CAN DO AMAZIN WORK MAN !!! *im noob :)*

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
First off, I love this idea! And if I knew anything about scripting, I would so love to help. But sadly, I don't.

Secondly, the thing that bothers me, is why does the male hero look like a bit feminine. Or is it just me?

-PARADOX-

Overworld Spriter :)
Years
that is an amazing game dude!, i love the fakedex, they actually look like real pokemon, if this was a nds game dude id buy it, i have no negative comments towards this hack it simply waows me every time.

starterra

The Zoroark Trainer
Years
The possibility of taking pictures has to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a game. And you're maps... *DROOL*

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
The possibility of taking pictures has to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a game. And you're maps... *DROOL*

I think FR/LG and HG/SS implemented the picture-taking ability to an extent, but yeah, Garnet Version's take on it seems very interesting - especially with the different aspects of actually using the camera, and its potential of eliciting certain reactions in certain characters. Pokemon Snap throwback FTW! :)

I wish you could take in-battle screenshots, though, or record them like in Emerald's Battle Record... At least I might be able to use Print-Screen on the keyboard to export some of the pics, somehow... :\

And yeah, the maps are freaking awesome so far with the tilesets being used... :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
I wish you could take in-battle screenshots, though, or record them like in Emerald's Battle Record... At least I might be able to use Print-Screen on the keyboard to export some of the pics, somehow... :\

We discussed a bit about that, but we thought it would be quite unnecessary and heavy to develop. But... if you would like to catch some screens while battling, there it is still the print screen option which will allow everyone to save a PNG file, even in battles. ^^

And now, i made some tests with recording software for Garnet trailers. What i ask you is if you would be satisfied with this quality (both video and sound):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmPsut1W-jI

A real in-game screenshot is this:
fog_test___teahouse_by_hydrargirium-d30qlqd.png

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2011
We discussed a bit about that, but we thought it would be quite unnecessary and heavy to develop. But... if you would like to catch some screens while battling, there it is still the print screen option which will allow everyone to save a PNG file, even in battles. ^^

And now, i made some tests with recording software for Garnet trailers. What i ask you is if you would be satisfied with this quality (both video and sound):
Looking awesome so far, Cant wait for an Demo :D

Picture and sound seemed great, no complaints here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back