• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Intro Text Editor

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Is there a way to change both boy/girl names so the character names can be different.
I tried to add in the name of the boy hero in my hack and saw it changed both boy and girl with the same name.

the first 2 names are tied together... all the rest are individual.

(i really though it would have been self explanatory if you noticed the first 2 names are the same... and every time you change one the other changes... and the other names are not the same...)

try harder man

Years
I got the time to try this and it was awesome!
Thanks man, for this tool.
But I'll be waiting when this tool is compatible for Emerald! xD

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Does anybody know if there is one of these that will work on a pokemon emerald hack?

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
Years
Will I have to use the \l and \n or it automatically converts stuff like this?

And what about special characters? (like é).

You could use XSE's text converter, it automatically adds in \n \l as necessary. You can just copy the converted text and paste it into this tool.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
So I've noticed that many new hackers that like to utilize tools, dont like to learn to hex edit. And I have also noticed that few tools allow the user to edit the blue screen intro text, Oaks intro text, or the rival/player generic names...

I have begun work on a tool that handles all these things, because I think it should be done for most hacks, even if the hacker is too lazy to whip out the ol' hex editor.

This tool edits the names of the rival and the player (boy or girl), but you have the ability to enter names that are longer or shorter...

View attachment 73789

You can also edit all the blue screen text(its 3 seperate pages)
View attachment 73788

and the last bit of functionality on here is oaks text.
View attachment 73790

Feel free to download this tool :)

Version 1.0 (11/8/2014) (fire red only)
View attachment 76958

may i ask for help?
i used the LSA editor
i opened it, opened the Rom, wrote the text being careful that is stayed in the lines and pressed save ROM

now my ROM is corrupted

if i try to play it it's white, if i try to open it with any tools it just say it's not a supported ROM
LSA itself doesn't read it anymore, nor does any other tool

help?

Back