• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Auditions...

Kaboom

Twilight Blaziken
Years
I'm not sure where I should be putting this, but as it relates to Fan Fiction I put it here - I fully expect it to be moved somewhere appropriate!

Anyway, I'm currently working on making my Fan Fic "The Story of Kaboom, The Twilight Pokemon" into a film. As with any film, voices are essential.

The only conditions are:
1) A microphone is required
2) Skype is required
3) You have to want to do it!

Anybody interested in starring in this film should reply to this thread and say so and also PM me thier Skype ID.

All people retained after audition will have their name/psuedo added to the credits.

Thank you.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2010
Film? That's fan fiction. How are you gonna get any voices by camera or video?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
Ooooh! I want to be a voice actor when I get older! :D I might just try out! I'll have to go buy a mic though. I'll go read your fanfic now!

How are you making the film? That's really cool!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
First of all, this goes in the Writer's Lounge.

Second of all, I question how this will even work. Forget the voices for now. Are you going to animate this entire film by hand? Do you even have an idea of how to translate a fic that's written in words to visual images? Have you fully thought through the mechanics, or did you just get an idea to turn your fic into a movie and decided to run with it? How is the story going to be told on film? Will you have Kaboom narrate it, since the fic is in first-person?

Third of all, how are you going to get the voices? You're pretty much telling everyone that if they don't have Skype, then they have to download it to be a part of this. And why do you think that everyone wants to voice your characters?

There's just a few kinks in this that you should think about before being concerned with voices. Namely, you should answer how you're going to do this film and why.

Yamato-san

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
you know, with all that I've looked into doujinshi-production, I can't help but wonder if I'm particularly qualified for animation and/or animation directing (don't expect me to help you, though). Anyway, he's probably gonna use Flash, though Flash movies (especially ones with original artwork) almost always look like crap. This probably goes without saying, but research into movie-making is always a great help, and you better be prepared and have a damn good idea what you're getting into, because no matter how you slice it, movie-making IS a painstaking process which requires a lot of patience. Assuming you're animating it (and not using sprites or anything to that effect, but entirely original), a 5-second scene alone is going to take a lot out of you. Given, it helps that you research into some of the shortcuts used, like backgrounds and other usage of layers, as well as the subject of limited animation in general, but even with that, it's hard work. And there's a lot of pressure too, for should you actually manage to complete a significant amount (especially past the halfway point), that's only more reason to keep going. Should you quit at any point, every single thing you did will go to waste, so the further in you go, the more content, time, and effort that could potentially be lost. Again, most of this goes without saying, but just a little reminder.

Kaboom

Twilight Blaziken
Years
I knew this would be moved!

I'm using Blender to animate this film, and I have thought everything through. I've got a small team working on this so I'm not alone (otherwise I wouldn't have anywhere near enough time to do it).

Hanako Tabris said:
And why do you think that everyone wants to voice your characters?
I don't thing that everyone wants to voice my characters. I was just opening the possibility for those that do to be able to do it.

@icaica: I wasn't expecting anyone to answer "yes" quite that quickly! Let me know when you're available.

The way I'm planning to do this is to get all of the voices ready so that I can animate the characters depending on what they say which will make timing movements easier.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2023
What kind of voices are you looking for and for what roles? also is it with pokespeech or speaking english?

Kaboom

Twilight Blaziken
Years
Speaking plain English - a Pokemon can understand Poke-speak as easily as English but humans (who will actually be viewing the film) cannot understand Poke-speak, so what purpose would it serve to have a story narrated by a Pokemon, starring mostly Pokemon, to be in Poke-speak?

All the characters need a voice attributed to them - if the actor is capable of altering his/her voice slightly, they will be able to do more than one character.

I forgot to say - when you want to audition, you have to say for which character you'd like to try out - most people will be accepted immediately, but if too many people want the same character or if they're not being serious about it then I'll have to refuse them. Apart from that anyone can enter!

Last edited:
Back