• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2009
Errr... I got a problem...

I am trapped in the goldenrod basement.

I'm after Team Rocket and I was trying to find the switches combination and saved the game, and then I restarted to try another combination of switches and now the doors are locked and I'm trapped! What can I do? I don't want to start the game again...

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
Hi, I'm new around here and I have some questions:

1- Is it possible to get a leaf stone in the kimono girls house? (I need to evolve my exeggcute).

2- How can I evolve Eevee to Umbreon/Espion?

3- How can I evolve Onix to Steelix?

I went to the kimono girls place and there's no man giving/selling stones :(

I beat all the kimono girls and got surf, but I don't have any stones..

img397.imageshack.us/img397/3450/snap048.png
img391.imageshack.us/img391/2684/snap047.png

I'm not misinforming you, it's really there. This was in Beta 1.1 however, I don't see why LaZ would've taken them out in 2.1 (I'm not that far in 2.1, so sorry if I'm wrong.)

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2009
Oh I see..

But now I have a bigger problem.

Can I give my save to somene, and that someone give me an escape rope?

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2013
hey im lost in the kyogre cavern, cuz when i exit i just reach the dragon's den but with no exit

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
I know some will probably be mad that I say this, but you should REALLY up the price of the tm finder minigame, probably significantly, I mean, more or less any tm sells for around 1000, so, you are basically guarenteed to at the minimum pay for itself, as it is rare not to get any, and often you can get quite a lot

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2020
At the end of the game

After I finish the beta (reached the 1st gym at orange islands), some things don't act normally (although at the past they were okay)
1st Report:
At Cerulean, do you remember the old Bill's house?
Now, it is the Tm finding event. But, for some reason I cannot anymore play it. I pay the grandpa his $2000, but when I enter the back door I am redirected somewhere else (see the screenshot). At that point, my game sort of freezes, as I cannot move and I have to reset...

2nd Report:
At viridian city (blue's gym city) there is a famous house where you enter and play a trainer. This only happens once per day. For some reason, when I beat him, I am not tranferred back to the top (where the lady is). As a result, I am trapped there and I have to reset...

Another thing there that seems peculiar is the following:

I haven't talk to her, but I was able to walk in the room...

3rd Report:
The berry crashing game (between Mahogany and Ecruteak) doesn't function properly. This occured after I beat all the trainers in all categories. (Use 1 pokemon, then 2, then 3, and finally 4)
Shouldn't the trainers be update every time I get it??
Anyway, this didn't happen. As a result, I could go to the old man's house and get a packet of berries without fighting anyone!
But, the next day, whenever I tried to speak to the man, in order to allow me to enter, the game freezes and I have to reset...

And look at this:

Without talking him, I could skip him and walk up to there. Doesn't that seems similar with the second screenshot at the 70's batlles which I report above?

The first 3 happened after I finish the story. Let's see some other bugs(in my opinion) that come in the game during the journey...

4th Report:
What about Red? Is it just once?
I think, every time you win the league, you must have the opportunity to have a battle with him (like in ordinary gold/silver/crystal)

5th Report:
The rematch of the pokemon league is a very nice idea. I always have fun giving rematches, especially when it is challenging! Two things that I would like to report are after you beat the elite four + Lance. Firstly, when I he takes me to the "elite" room (I don't remember now, its real name), as soon as I enter I get this message:

What is this? Clearly, it is what Lance says before I battle him! (the 2nd time I went to the pokemon league)
Finally, when I put my pokemon to rest to that machine, look how it is presented:

Shouldn't the pokemon been placed in that slot?

6th Report:
The maps are very nicely portrayed. However, there are some flying spots that are unavailable.
Johto Map:
Cianwood Islands and the city next to new bark are unavailable. (I will put a screenshot)

Kanto Map:

Here, Pallet Town and Cinabaar island are unavailable...

The game is excellent. If it wasn't, I wouldn't waste my time giving feedback. It has potential to become the best pokemon game (including the originals!) I played!
Keep it up, then and well done for what you did.
I am looking for the pokemon centre's stairs in the next release! It would be awesome if you could add it!
Good luck!

ps. I think you've understood that it is my favourite hack!

Last edited:

dragonoid

Banned
Years
dear linkandzelda when you finish making beta 3 .please make an other beta in which you dont have to move the panels in the ruins alph because iam just a kid who is 12 years old please i really enjoyed the hack alot iam asking you this because iam bad in solving puzzles and iam stuck in the part in which i have to find the clear bell

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2009
Can someone help me please? Im really stuck..

The 1st pic shows where I saved.

The 2nd picture is when I walk left all the doors close.. What can I do??

I don't have escape rope nor dig..

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2020
dear linkandzelda when you finish making beta 3 .please make an other beta in which you dont have to move the panels in the ruins alph because iam just a kid who is 12 years old please i really enjoyed the hack alot iam asking you this because iam bad in solving puzzles and iam stuck in the part in which i have to find the clear bell

Just a clue, you don't need to solve the puzzles in order to get the clear bell:).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Bernardo. I don't know how you managed to get there (I read where you said about you saved and closed it), but I think, you will need a restart, unless you use cheats. unfortunately, I have never used cheats, so I cannot help you

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2009
I looked for cheats, but there was no cheat like: "walk through walls"...

Oh perhaps if I get myself a escape rope I can get out of there!

Edit: Found a cheat that made me walk thru walls :)

Finnaly I'm out of that stupid walls!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Congratulations on winning April Hack of the Month!
Your thread is going to be stickied for a month.
hotmaprilm.png

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I Found Bug in Secret Rocket HQ in town GYM 7 (Ice GYM Leader)
I Talk Scientist in 2BF (Find Password open Door)
is game is error code and go to PSP Menu

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
@Spikeron & uchiha sasuke: all those bugs (except the berry tower) were already in my bug report 2-3 pages back.

Also to other players, I suggest NOT playing it on you PSP. Just play it with VBA on your PC. And yes, the scientist in the Mahogany base was already in my bug report.

Edit: Copy+pasted my bug report for the lazy people:
• Elm still has 2 pokeballs on the table, even though 1 was stolen.
• Kid outside of New Bark doesn't teach you to capture a pokemon.
• Tuscany (child of week kid who gives you silk scarf) walks away while you talk to her
• You see a green line through the "GBA" when trading Bellsprout for Onyx.
• Kabuto puzzle only releases the "N" unown.
• Message at scientist in Kabuto puzzle room doesn't appear
• Route 32 pokecenter. Bug catcher sprite gives old rod.
• Can walk trough rock in Union cave, see picture
• Route 44, no Cop like the original.
• Map says "Sprout Tower" just above route 44
• Whitney's Miltank doesn't know the annoying Rollout anymore?
• Infinite uses of the barber bothers in the underground
• National Park: Water reflection on normal tiles around the fountain
• If you go from route 36 to route 33, the cut bush is gone. But it is there when you go from route 33 to route 36 (path near National Park)
• Rival has weird pokemon moves in Goldenrod Underground
• You see yourself partially through the roof when swimming behind the Blackthorn gym
• E4 Bruno has a Machop instead of a Machamp
• Game freezes near the end of the end credits (luckly that the game let's you continue because of the auto save).
• Brandon's Camerupt freezes your game if you can't kill it within 1 turn.
• Chicorita gotten from the man in Tohjo Falls doesn't evolve
• Eevee doesn't evolve in Espeon/Umbreon (not even with happiness)
• (No Suicune animations at National Park and route between Ecrueteak-Mohaganny like in the original Crystal)
• Can't fly to Cianwood
• Lv50 Typhlosion can't learn the ultimate move at Cianwood? (Blast Burn)
• Final basement floor of Silph Co has a Static Admins without a names, just "Static Admin" o.o
• Static Admin with Quagsire in Silp Co sometimes restarts the game
• People in Silph talk about Team Aqua instead of Team Static
• Some trainers give $0
• Gym Leader music stops when Sabrina sends out her first pokemon
• After beating first pokemon, you hear the normal inside gym music
• You can walk into the posters of Celedon Game Corner
• Left Game Corner prize girl sells Johto cities!!
• Hiker near Safari Zone says nothing
• Far most left bushes at Fuschia mart can be walked on
• Again nameless Static Admins (This time in Kanto Radio Tower)
• Looks like 1 static member is a bit on a table in Radio Tower
• Zane not standing correctly at Nugget Bridge
• Route 2 inside the house, man is on the table
• Silver in Mt Moon acts as if he isn't the leader of Team Rocket, yet….
• Can't fly to Cinnaber Island and Pallet Town
• At most locations you can stand on parts of water
• If you go from light blue to dark water and accidently go to walking mode (near Cinnaber), you will be stuck at the "Dive" spot, unless you have Fly 
• Lati@s cave gave me 2x Latias. I captured Latias in Stone Temple. Captured Latios in Route 19 cave. After capturing Latios, his sprite turned into Latios, so I can get 2 of the same!
• Articuno can be fought multiple times
• You can walk trough the pillars of Dragon's Den where Rayquaza is.
• Pryce re-match -> When he summons Poliswine, the game freezes
• Mr Pokemon says he gives me the EXP Share, but no EXP Share appeared in my bag
• Nerd in Dark Cave gives me black glasses, but no black glasses appear in my bag
• Egg that you receive at Blackthorn City doesn't seem to hatch…
• After beating Lance in E4 round 2, you go through the door. Black screen and Lance does his "he is being challenged sentence" again. Press any button and you will continue to the Hall of Fame.
• End Credits don't freeze after E4 round 2 (makes me wonder why the R1 credits did freeze…)
• Red has the same overworld sprite as your character
• End Credits after red freezes once again…..
• You have to go from Olivine to vermillion under the right weather condition so that the sailor gives you the option to go to Valencia. (Oak said going direct to Vermillion).
• 1st Trainer in Meadow Gym has a very low level Politoed
• Left house above Olivine Lighthouse has Rocket music
• Most people/trainers walk trough solid objects (most noticeable at Orange Islands)
• No special music for Entei/Raikou (Original Crystal had special music for them. Unless someone still has to make a remixed version of it :P )

Last edited:

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2020
This hack is great Linkandzelda, it was delayed for a while but it was worth the wait. best hack ever!!!!

you must be kidding!
Other hack roms don't even give release dates out!
Other hack roms are prepared for years and they do not even have betas in!

Liquid Crystal cope with a major unecceptable bug in just 2 days!
Better have in mind the circumstances...

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
Freezing game bug!!!

I found a major bug at Mahogany Towny,in Rocket Hideout at B2F.If you speak to the scientist in front of the laptop the game freezes and it shows a waving text ''qAF''.I hope you can fix it,cause for me bugs that freeze a game are the most serious bugs!Furthermore your HACK is awesome and your scenario also!Thank you dude!And a big bravo cause you kept your words an you didn't give up on working on your project!!Godd luck!!

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Ok i'm back, my internet was down, nice to see we've won HoTM, so yeah thanks guys for voting for us, I'll be working on my own set of backsprites this beta, and new tiles also made by me.. (60% of beta 2s tiles were made by me, in case you didn't know)

Do you guys like the style of tiles in beta 2?
or would you like it more 2d looking for beta 3?

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2020
Look, they are nice. Personally, I like them.
But, that doesn't mean that you cannot improve them.
Just don't make big changes, they are not needed.
Graphics is one of liquid crystal's strong points.
More attention must be given to minor bugfixes in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back