• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Pac-Man1096

Pokémon GrayStone Version
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
I'm not pro or anything but I think I can come up with something a bit better. I'll see what I can do and thanks for the oppertunity!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
This mean, hopefully Pokemon Crystal Dust be better in next beta
(no one bug)

This Pokemon hack that I like compared to the other Pokemon crystal remake

I like your hacked :D

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I'm not pro or anything but I think I can come up with something a bit better. I'll see what I can do and thanks for the oppertunity!
No problem! I'm always open to suggestions and contributions.
This mean, hopefully Pokemon Crystal Dust be better in next beta
(no one bug)

This Pokemon hack that I like compared to the other Pokemon crystal remake

I like your hacked :D
Better in next beta...? What do you mean by that?
Can you tell me what's wrong with this one?

Bug-Catching Update progress:
RELEASED!!!

This new patch fixes all bugs previously reported as well as a few bugs I found myself. And, of course, it includes the Bug-Catching Contest itself!

Please report any bugs you may have with the contest or any other part of my game and I will fix them ASAP. Thanks, and have fun!

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
Yay for new patch....but I can't find where to download it unless I just re-download the beta?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
Well, I will try your new patch of Pokemon Crystaldust, and I will report some bug if I find.
Good job :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
guys, i'm kind of new into this hack, i had played liqiud crystal, but, this one is good too, so i have some questions, the link to the latest ips patch of beta 2 of crystal dust includes the bug catching contest right?, if so, i want to ask the following, did you do beta testing of the bug contenst?, because, in any case a bug is found, either way, are hoenn pokemon obtainable, if so, the starters too?, and they are rare encounters (low rate encounter)?, how many gyms of kanto does this beta have, is viridian gym aviable or we have to wait till next beta?, last question, can you give and aproximate release date for beta 3?, thanks...

EDIT: i forgot to ask this, is scyther catchable now?, if so, does scyther evolve to scizor without trade?, also, how do i get kanto starters?

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
I don't know if this is a bug or it is just the end of the beta but when I beat Lance the game goes through the credits and a white screen appears. I can't do anything except reload a save.

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Do I have to patch over my already patched ROM and continue playing where I left off, or do I have to patch over a clean ROM and start my game all over?

Sierraffinity

Years
Well, I will try your new patch of Pokemon Crystaldust, and I will report some bug if I find.
Good job :D
Okay then, thanks!
guys, i'm kind of new into this hack, i had played liqiud crystal, but, this one is good too, so i have some questions, the link to the latest ips patch of beta 2 of crystal dust includes the bug catching contest right? Yes. if so, i want to ask the following, did you do beta testing of the bug contenst? Not extensively, but yes. because, in any case a bug is found, either way, are hoenn pokemon obtainable No. if so, the starters too? No. and they are rare encounters (low rate encounter)? No. how many gyms of kanto does this beta have 0. is viridian gym aviable or we have to wait till next beta? Next beta or beyond. last question, can you give and aproximate release date for beta 3? No asking for release dates, that's a forum rule. thanks...

EDIT: i forgot to ask this, is scyther catchable now? In the Bug-Catching Contest, yes. if so, does scyther evolve to scizor without trade? Yes, but you have to find out how. also, how do i get kanto starters? You don't, not yet.
Responses in bold.
Sorry if I sound a little harsh, but all of this has already been asked in the thread before or said explicitly by me...
I don't know if this is a bug or it is just the end of the beta but when I beat Lance the game goes through the credits and a white screen appears. I can't do anything except reload a save.
Well, the game should reset itself, but you can reset it manually and continue playing, although there's not much to do after the credits (that's the end of this beta).
Do I have to patch over my already patched ROM and continue playing where I left off, or do I have to patch over a clean ROM and start my game all over?
Just patch to a new ROM, delete the old one, and rename the new one to the same name. You should be able to use the same save file (unless it's from Beta 1, in which case, start from the beginning).

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
Hey Diego, I found a new bug, the Dude who teaches you how to catch Pokemon freezes when he is about to throw the Pokeball :(

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
Found a curious bug in the bug catching contest. When I start the contest I do not have any Pokemon
Does not happen when only 1 Pokemon is in the Party upon entering the contest
EDIT: Are Raikou and Entei catchable now? :)

Last edited:

DarkFlameSquirrel

Music Freak
Years
New here.

Registered on this site just to reply to this. I barely heard about this hack about an hour ago. Downloaded a clean version of Emerald and the ips file (the latest version) and the program to patch it. Made a copy of Emerald in case it screws. I patched the ips to it and once I ran the patched Emerald in VBA, it doesn't do anything. I just get that gray screen and nothing ever happens :( what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I feel so retarded now :/ all I had to do was change the setting to Flash 128k. Totally forgot about that. D: anyways I'll just keep this account for further problems/bugs XD

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
Found a curious bug in the bug catching contest. When I start the contest I do not have any Pokemon
Does not happen when only 1 Pokemon is in the Party upon entering the contest
EDIT: Are Raikou and Entei catchable now? :)
Can you tell me what you had in your party (and if they were fainted) when you went into the contest? And do you get all of your Pokémon back once you leave?
Entei and Raikou are not catchable yet, sorry.
Registered on this site just to reply to this. I barely heard about this hack about an hour ago. Downloaded a clean version of Emerald and the ips file (the latest version) and the program to patch it. Made a copy of Emerald in case it screws. I patched the ips to it and once I ran the patched Emerald in VBA, it doesn't do anything. I just get that gray screen and nothing ever happens :( what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I feel so retarded now :/ all I had to do was change the setting to Flash 128k. Totally forgot about that. D: anyways I'll just keep this account for further problems/bugs XD
Glad you could find the solution.
And welcome to the community! Stay a while and explore the forums, it's a nice community.

DarkFlameSquirrel

Music Freak
Years
Dude holy crap this hack is awesome, and I especially freaking love that you were able to implement the Day/Afternoon/Night thing (not sure if there's a better/technical term for this). Quick questions, am I able to trade between Crystaldust and FR/LG/R/S/E and will there be cheats available someday so after I finish it and whatnot I can have a little extra fun? I'd browse through this thread but I don't exactly have the most cooperative internet connection at the moment.
Oh and will you be able to add a seasons feature later on? I saw the Day Night Seasons post but being a total n00b at rom hacking, most of it looked like Japanese to me :/ (my lame attempt at just innocently pimping up my Emerald ROM to make its gameplay much more pleasurable.)

Sierraffinity

Years
Dude holy crap this hack is awesome, and I especially freaking love that you were able to implement the Day/Afternoon/Night thing (not sure if there's a better/technical term for this). Quick questions, am I able to trade between Crystaldust and FR/LG/R/S/E and will there be cheats available someday so after I finish it and whatnot I can have a little extra fun? I'd browse through this thread but I don't exactly have the most cooperative internet connection at the moment.
Oh and will you be able to add a seasons feature later on? I saw the Day Night Seasons post but being a total n00b at rom hacking, most of it looked like Japanese to me :/ (my lame attempt at just innocently pimping up my Emerald ROM to make its gameplay much more pleasurable.)
You can trade between the versions, but trading is not completely supported yet. Cheats are the exact same as they are for Emerald. No, seasons are not being added because Crystal didn't have them.

Thanks for the post!

DarkFlameSquirrel

Music Freak
Years
You can trade between the versions, but trading is not completely supported yet.

Elaborate on the unsupported part? I don't want to end up screw up the games or anything.
And no problem, personally I'm just grateful as hell that you're still active on this project. Usually people just end up abandoning cool stuff like this. Not that I blame them because stuff comes up and all but you know :) so thanks for that!

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Can you tell me what you had in your party (and if they were fainted) when you went into the contest? And do you get all of your Pokémon back once you leave?
This happened to me, too. I had a Growlithe, a Poliwag, a Bayleef, a Nidorino, a Bellsprout, and an Egg. All of the Pokémon in my party disappeared and when I got in a battle I had the question mark in the circle thing. I didn't find out whether or not I got my Pokémon back because I just resumed a save state. Perhaps it's because of the egg? I would try again now, but the contest isn't on today. For some reason it was on yesterday (Sunday) though and the guards said things like:
'Today it is BOX1...'
'Today it is 851...'

Back