• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
My favorite characters are probably Harry, Luna, Neville, and Snape. Though I like Ron and Hermione too. And Sirius, maybe? And...gah, I like too many characters, just go with the first four. XD

Rita Skeeter and Umbridge annoy me a lot, but they're supposed to do that, and they got what was coming to them anyway. The character I like least would be...oh, I know. Muriel.

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
Favorites: Sirius, Lupin, Bellatrix, Lucius, Scabior, Luna, and Tonks

Least favorites: Snape (yes, even after The Prince's Tale), Pettigrew, Hermione, Draco
I actually kind of like Umbridge, but I think A Very Potter Sequel may be to blame for that, lol

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
What house are you in?: Slytherin
Wand Description: Core: Walnut | Length: 10.5 inches | Core: Dragon Heartstring
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow: Don't know what this is.
Am I in this club? I looked on the first post, and I'm not there.:(

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I only favor two characters above others: Dumbledore (avatar) and Hagrid. Pure wisdom and pure heart.

Least favorite? That'd be Lucius Malfoy. He's a cruel, cunning, cowardly, pathetic minion that can't stand up on his own. He only relies on his status to get things through.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Another question, yayayaya!

When you read the books, after watching the movies, do you picture the trio as Emma, Rupert and Daniel, or do you picture your own "physical" interpretations of them?

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
I mostly use my own physical interpretations, but my Harry and Hermione are strongly influenced by Darren Criss and Bonnie Gruesen (from A Very Potter Musical and its Sequel, if anyone's seen them on youtube. If not, watch them, they're totally awesome!)

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Ok, now I am officially antsy of not receiving my Welcome email, now that a majority have gotten theirs. What random setting does that site have?? It better not be my email account sending it all to spam, but I highly doubt that since all Pottermore emails went to my inbox anyway. How much time is left? Doesn't it end September 10th? I've like, 5 days left. :(

a. What is your opinion of people who call themselves fans, but never bothered to read the books?

Basic fans, not the enthusiastic fans that we are. We're at the "pro"/amateur level while they're at the very bottom (of this hierarchy).

b. Do you believe that the books and movies are comparable?

In some ways, yes. Depends on what specific scene you're looking at.

c. In what order would you place the books when organized by what you liked the most to what you liked the least?

I actually had to look at all the book covers just to get an idea. XD 7, 5, 3, 6, 4, 1, 2. Again, this does not mean that the latter four books were my least-favorites, just making that clear.

d. Do you re-(re-)read the series?

Who wouldn't? XP

Who's everyone's favorite and least favorite character?

The trio, Snape, Dumbledore, the Marauders, Gred and Forge, Neville, Luna, the other Heads of Houses, Lucius Malfoy (thanks to Jason Isaacs for the brilliant acting!), yes even Voldemort (to some extent).

I didn't like Slughorn, Bella, rest of the Death Eaters, Cho, Zacharias Smith XD

That's all I can think of, at the moment.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
Today, I made some Harry Potter tags that can be found in my gallery. But, I'll put them here, too:
js7taghp.png

burntag.png

voldemorttag.png

fighttaghp.png

Hope you like them!:)

Years
What house are you in?: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure. :P
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Ash; 10 3/4 in; Unicorn; Hard
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: Yellow~

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Welcome to the club Diamond1304. i've never seen a house like that before. ever

When it comes to favourite/least favourite characters, I can't really answer that since being a big fan and all, it's hard for me to decide.

And when it comes to representations, since I first saw the movie before I started to read the books, I mostly picture the trio and Dumbledore as the actors who portrayed them in the first movie. I don't really care about the other characters as much, they're mostly just blank faced when I imagine about them. xD

And I imagined Voldemort as a snake with a large beak. Yeah, I don't really know what's going on my mind tbqh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I mostly use my own physical interpretations, but my Harry and Hermione are strongly influenced by Darren Criss and Bonnie Gruesen (from A Very Potter Musical and its Sequel, if anyone's seen them on youtube. If not, watch them, they're totally awesome!)
Uuuughhh, that Daniel Radcliffe shadow. u___u
I've identified with mostly all of your replies up until now. :(

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Meh, I didn't really like AVPM. Nor any other musicals for that matter. I just..don't. So when you say Darren Criss I always think of Glee.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I loved AVPM, but when I think of Darren Criss, I think of Glee too. And then, because of that, I immediately classify Darren Criss as a shadow of Daniel Radcliffe. Especially after a tweet he made about (insert whoever played Ron in AVPM) meeting Rupert and how he didn't even get a chance to meet Daniel yet. He just irks me so much, and I really can't pinpoint why because I know he's personally a huge Potterhead.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I am! I don't log on much anymore, after all the excitement of it died down, though.

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
I'm a huge musical nerd, and I loved AVPM (not a Glee fan, though, ugh. Lived through high school myself, thank you!). Sorry if I made anyone mad with that D:

I got into Pottermore, but I STILL haven't gotten my welcome email. If it ever comes, though, I'm MoonstoneGalleon55

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Patchisou Yutohru said:
I am! I don't log on much anymore, after all the excitement of it died down, though.

You mean in terms of beta testing? Or the whole experience?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
You mean in terms of beta testing? Or the whole experience?
After you get sorted, the novelty of it all sort of disappears. The tidbits of information on the backstory and other information of it is interesting and all, and I get excited when I read them (especially three in particular), but there really isn't that much of it. I highly anticipate the release of the second book part of the site, but until then - like Diamond said - there isn't much to do. It takes less than two hours to work your way to the end of the first book, probably less, and after that it's just there.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Yeah, I completely agree. And I don't have the time (or memory o.O) to do potions that take hours long, so after I've found all the items there's no reason to go on. Except from everyone sends out millions of random friend requests. People must search through thousands of comments to add every single person, because I don't get why I'm still getting them o.O

And someone added me who is in the same house, and has the exact same wand as me o______o Except theirs is 1/4 longer...otherwise...weird...there's another me out there.

Well there's not much to be done whilst dueling is down. Merely brewing and collecting items. Darn, now Slytherin's in the lead. Ta ta while I brew for my fellow Ravens~ :D

I'm in Ravenclaw, too :)

Back