• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
LMAO I've never seen such a strong reaction to the notion of a remake in my life. God, I should say stuff like that more often just to see that again. Wizard of Oz remake, anyone?

EDIT: ..........Oh wait. God, that's actually happening.

I'M SO SORRY GUYS I DIDN'T MEAN IT. I JOKED AND THEN IT HAPPENED.
I hate Wizard of Oz, remaking it can only make it better.

Also... that's kind of soon. Isn't Disney putting out an Oz movie next year?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I found The Wizard of Oz far too scary as a child, and I haven't tried to watch it again as an adult for that very reason. That music that plays along with the Wicked Witch... *shudder*

There it is oh my god. The only time I actually like hearing that music is when they play it every time Ling walks in Ally McBeal.

As for Willy Wonka, I can't stand that movie either lol. Either version of it; both were creepy as hell.

Years
Isn't there a new new Oz-based movie coming out/already out? I've never really been a huge fan, ESPECIALLY of the books. Ugh.

As for Willy Wonka, that movie is the best! Especially the floating soda part/the candy world part. But the boat part was just frightening lol.

But charlie and the chocolate factory... no. Just no. Jonny Depp just needs to leave, and I'm especially sick of the Depp/Burton(and sometimes Bonham-Carter) combo. Is anyone else?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Isn't there a new new Oz-based movie coming out/already out? I've never really been a huge fan, ESPECIALLY of the books. Ugh.

As for Willy Wonka, that movie is the best! Especially the floating soda part/the candy world part. But the boat part was just frightening lol.

But charlie and the chocolate factory... no. Just no. Jonny Depp just needs to leave, and I'm especially sick of the Depp/Burton(and sometimes Bonham-Carter) combo. Is anyone else?
Wilder as Wonka is superior to Depp. Depp was just weird and creppy. Wilder's character is all summed up when he comes out limping, falls over, rolls up, and leaps back up. He's a mystery, he has duality, but he isn't weird. He's an enigma

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Willy Wonka is a classic film. The fat kid falling into the stream of chocolate and getting sucked up the tube to a bunch of orange faced, green haired dwarfs singing a song called "Oompa Loompa doompadee doo" can only be described as a work of genius.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm especially sick of the Depp/Burton(and sometimes Bonham-Carter) combo. Is anyone else?
Yeah, I am to a certain extent. And its the lack of Depp/Bonham Carter that has me most excited for Frankenweenie. They'd better not make any fleeing cameos or anything, or it'll turn into another Dark Shadows, which was the worst film I've seen this year. Ugh.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Post-Big Fish, Burton's been kinda forgettable. Highlight maybe being Corpse Bride.

I'm okay with Depp and Bonham Carter not being in every single one of his movies - but Danny Elfman must not go anywhere XD

Years
Well, The Expendables 2 was a sure testosterone booster.

I'm not sure why, but I am actually excited to watch Robot & Frank. Did anybody hear of it?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Yeah, I am to a certain extent. And its the lack of Depp/Bonham Carter that has me most excited for Frankenweenie. They'd better not make any fleeing cameos or anything, or it'll turn into another Dark Shadows, which was the worst film I've seen this year. Ugh.

I enjoyed Dark Shadows! I agree it was flawed and certainly not a masterpiece by any means, but it was quite enjoyable nonetheless. I don't think it was worth a "worst of 2012" title lol.

For me, the worst of 2012 is a tie between Wrath of the Titans and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Both were so stupid my braincells were dying.

HOW CAN GREEK GODS HAVE BROAD AUSTRALIAN ACCENTS I JUST DON'T GET IT.

Years
HOW CAN GREEK GODS HAVE BROAD AUSTRALIAN ACCENTS I JUST DON'T GET IT.

And why do french kids have British accents *cough* Hugo *cough*

It's just a flaw that American movies tend to have, they think any accent other than American will just slip by unnoticed, especially where Europe is concerned.

I remember the first Titan's movie I saw was bad, but Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter? That wasn't good? C'mon, that's Oscar worthy stuff. :P

Mentalii

Back
Years
I was planning to watch Sword Art Online but... Actually I think that's not really my kind of anime... Maybe I'll watch it later.
So I decided to watch "Tasogare Otome x Amnesia" (or, in english, "Dusk Maiden of Amnesia") instead. It was really great. It's a mystery/detective/semi-horror anime, with a beautiful chara design, perfect dubbing, and a brilliant storyline. And the soundtrack is just gorgeous. That's a pity this anime is not that well-know, because it'd totally deserve it. Anime like that are rare.

Years
I'm fairly sure it'll have passed most people, but Act of Valor was the worst film so far this year. The entire thing was just too patriotic and the events of the film were so unrealistic, it was ridiculous. It was like watching a Call Of Duty campaign, but as a really, really bad film. Admittedly, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter sounds like a terrible concept though.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to just drag this onto another topic, but I doubt this is worthy of another topic. I'm not particularly sure if any of you are Animal Collective fans, but they've just released their album (kind of) on their radio website. It's a reasonably big deal for some people, since it's a likely contender for album of the year considering how amazing some of their previous work has been. I'm just about to start listening through as I post, I'll probably end up saying it's brilliant and everyone must experience it though. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back