• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your preferred method of eyesight..

What's your preferred method of corrective eyesight?

• Total voters

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've had lasik surgery a few years ago. I kinda, sorta regret it because I looked so much better with glasses. They matched my nerdy personality. xD So glasses for me, even though I can't wear them anymore.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I do love my glasses, but there are some days when it would be so much nicer to have contacts. Surgery is out of the question for me since my eyes aren't that bad, so contacts would be the closest thing to having normal vision. But I've gotten to the point where I look (and feel) strange without my glasses, so I'm going to have to go with them.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I have to wear glasses. Long ago my doctor asked me if I wanted contacts, I didn't want too, surgery? not for me, unless its my only life saving option. I can't imagine putting contacts on and off every day, sort of scares me. When I had my eye infection (Conjunctivitis) my grandma had to put the medication on, I just couldn't, I tried, but the medicine just ran off to the side (I missed)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Glasses though I personally think I look better without them. I've wanted contacts for years, but glasses are easier to manage. They're less expense and easier to put on. Maybe someday, if I can afford to get contacts or surgery I'll go for it, but now I'm sticking with glasses.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Contact Lenses all the way ! As soon as I could get rid of my glasses, I went for the lenses ;P Fortunately my myopia is not really strong, so I could wear glasses only during class, but now I'm happy to always be able to see perfectly. It's not that I don't like glasses... It's just that I prefer my look without them. They give me a too serious expression.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Ha, I have terrible vision, so I'm working on getting contacts soon. :x Colored contacts are the best ones~

Years
I don't need anything right now, but most of the men in my family have had a history of bad eyesight starting in about their mid 20's, which isn't all that far away for me (as it is, my eyesight is slightly below 20-20 right now).

I'll probably just end up going with glasses when the inevitable day comes. I don't like anything going near my eyes, so I couldn't imagine putting contacts in, or better yet getting surgery on them.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I've worn glasses for the past 15 years now, and I can't really imagine getting rid of them any time soon. That's not to say that I don't want to get rid of them... I'm just too used to them to envisage a glasses-free future. Having said that, I really do want laser-eye surgery. I do think I look better without glasses, so it's just a case of scraping together the funds and making sure my prescription doesn't change for the next two years. Fun times! :D

Years
Glasses by far. They're the most convenient in my opinion and look rather good on me (so I'm told aha), so I've grown to like them. At first I was horrified over having to wear them but eventually grew to like them a lot. n_n

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Glasses! I do have contact lenses for special occasions, but I rarely wear them otherwise these days. Reason being because it's such a hassle and when I do wear them I am the worst and keep them in until my eyes say 'NO TAKE THEM OUT'. Sooo... I usually just wear my glasses because they're easier.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Glasses for me. The thought of sticking something (i.e., a contact lens) in my eyeball horrifies me and my insurance doesn't cover corrective eye surgery. If it did, I'd probably opt for the surgery because wearing my glasses for long periods of time dries my eyes out and makes them miserably itchy.

Back