• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Land of the Maple Leaf ~ Canadian Club

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I like baseball, though its only fun if you go to see the game live or watch highlights. :/ Otherwise its just too slow. I also saw the Jays play the Red Sox once up in Toronto. It was a 1-0 win for the Jays with the only run coming from the opposing pitcher walking the guy home. That's Blue Jays baseball for you.

Years
I don't know if I can say I'm all that excited for Spring... when I'm still waiting for Winter to happen; in total I think we got 2 or 3 days of snow all the way back in December. Seeing as how it's March in another couple hours, I think our Winter weather is long gone over here.

I might have to move out East one day to experience a real Canadian Winter (I loved it the last time I was in Calgary where it was -20 and snowing). Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'm sick of the mild weather we get here in January-February.

Brendino, if you want a REAL CANADIAN WINTER, come on over here to Sask. Temperatures during winter average -30 to -40. You might not like the snow though (too frozen for snowballs, seriously).

Speaking of snow, thank goodness it's starting to melt here. My internet speed is starting to recover, and it's +1 right now :D

Years
Brendino, if you want a REAL CANADIAN WINTER, come on over here to Sask. Temperatures during winter average -30 to -40. You might not like the snow though (too frozen for snowballs, seriously).
I always enjoy the snow to look at, more than anything. And I don't know if it's just me, but 0° here felt as cold as it did at -20 in Calgary, but I think that has something to do with living closer to the ocean. Obviously -40 is much colder still, but it's still something I'd like to experience one of these days.

And looking through the past number of posts here, it proves the old adage true that Canadians really do enjoy talking about the weather!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I always enjoy the snow to look at, more than anything. And I don't know if it's just me, but 0° here felt as cold as it did at -20 in Calgary, but I think that has something to do with living closer to the ocean. Obviously -40 is much colder still, but it's still something I'd like to experience one of these days.

And looking through the past number of posts here, it proves the old adage true that Canadians really do enjoy talking about the weather!
Yup.

As much as I always make fun of Southern Ontarians for being wusses when it comes to winter, when we actually get winter, it's so much worse than the prairie provinces. -20~30 in SK has absolutely nothing on even -10~15 in some parts of Ontario. Our proximity to the Lakes means that when it gets cold, we get a wet cold that sticks to you and seriously chills you to the bone. On the other hand, in SK (and AB? Been too long since I've been there for winter) I always remembered it didn't matter whether it was -20 or -30... it always felt the same because it was so dry. I mean, yeah, once you hit the occasional -40 or lower and cars just won't physically start, it's pretty awful, but walking around in that cold isn't bad at all.

Pretty much all of my extended family lives in SK and when one family came to visit once, they almost refused to leave their hotel room during a mild day because the cold was so different and they couldn't stand it. :P

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
It was kinda mild out last week when I was shovelling the drive way last. So, I didn't bother putting on gloves. Got a blister from it now XD Should have worn them anyway

Cherrim

Years
I had to shovel my mom's driveway while I was there last week. :( It was horrible. I'm so, so glad I live in a townhouse complex where they do all that & salt for me... even if sometimes they do it at 2am (???) and keep me awake.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I had to shovel my mom's driveway while I was there last week. :( It was horrible. I'm so, so glad I live in a townhouse complex where they do all that & salt for me... even if sometimes they do it at 2am (???) and keep me awake.
My neighbour shovels at that hour. Even if it is in the middle of a snow storm. Like... dude, it isn't going to make a difference by the morning

Cherrim

Years
Actually, it's a looot easier to shovel snow several times instead of all at once when it's finished snowing. :( Snow is heavy! I'd much rather shovel a few inches two or three times than a foot all at once much later.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Actually, it's a looot easier to shovel snow several times instead of all at once when it's finished snowing. :( Snow is heavy! I'd much rather shovel a few inches two or three times than a foot all at once much later.
It was still a foot by the morning. Plus he's old. If he has a heart attack shovelling at 2AM no one is going to notice

That last one I should have shovelled early though yeah. It got icy/slushy/heavy unlike the big snow before that which was lite and fluffy and easy to move around.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
It was kinda mild out last week when I was shovelling the drive way last. So, I didn't bother putting on gloves. Got a blister from it now XD Should have worn them anyway
I had the same problem. :( I get blisters really easily anyway, so it really wasn't smart of me to do that, but whatever.
And I'd rather shovel it all at once, imo its easier to just get all out of the way at the same time.

Cherrim

Years
I'm not very strong so if I don't do it in parts, I sometimes can't do it at all. u_u

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I had the same problem. :( I get blisters really easily anyway, so it really wasn't smart of me to do that, but whatever.
And I'd rather shovel it all at once, imo its easier to just get all out of the way at the same time.
I've shovelled during our last big storm when the snow let up a bit, but was still snowing. A tonne had fallen and I did want to make it easier later.

But, it was day time when I did that. Not night, or 2AM, and not at the start of the snow when there was only like a cm on the ground XD My way makes more sense than my neighbour's.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Oh, how did I miss this club when I last went through the list?! In any case, I'm joining now!

Username: Alakazam17
Relation to Canada: Born and raised in Ontario; has yet to live anywhere else.
Favourite Province: Newfoundland
Reason for Joining (optional): I am a proud Canadian and would like to chat with other Pokémon-Canadians. :D

And one question, as highlighted above: if this is the Canadian Club, why is the default intro form given in American English? lmao

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Oh, how did I miss this club when I last went through the list?! In any case, I'm joining now!

Username: Alakazam17
Relation to Canada: Born and raised in Ontario; has yet to live anywhere else.
Favourite Province: Newfoundland
Reason for Joining (optional): I am a proud Canadian and would like to chat with other Pokémon-Canadians. :D

And one question, as highlighted above: if this is the Canadian Club, why is the default intro form given in American English? lmao
Give me a break, I've been in America for 8 years now. XD rofl
Anyways, welcome to the club!

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I guess that I'm kind of a grammar nerd when it comes to Canadian English, hehe. I remember having to quote Wiktionary to an American friend just to prove that we spell 'yogourt' as such up here, which is something that is even different from British English! =3

On the topic of snow, we just another another coldfront and three centimetres of snow today in Ottawa. It's nothing compared to what we've had, it's just that we weren't expected any more snow. But it'll be melting away soon enough!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
How long as been going at it, TF?

Yesterday it started to snow a bit and I was really depressed since it wasn't snowing for a couple of days and the snow was melting away. I went to downtown and when I finally came out of the mall, it stopped snowing and all the snow that was there, melted away. So I was pretty happy :P

Back