• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charky-101

The Unlucky One
Years
Here's Update 2 (Stayed up for ages playing)

-Got through Mt Moon
-Beat Rival at Bridge with Little Difficulty
-Beat trainers on Nuggett Bridge, bar The Rocket Dude at the end, Rose was now lvl 23
-Challenged Misty, and lost to her Starmie (First Loss)
-Beat all trainers on way to Bill's house, grinding to lvl 28
-Re-Challenged Misty, Lost again, then won on my third try
-Caught a Bellsprout (Servant-02, Cut Slave)
-Did all the stuff on the SS Anne, raising Butterfree to lvl 34
-Challenged and defeated Lt Surge (Only just)
-Got through Mt Moon without Flash
-Headed to Gym 4 (Rose lvl 39), and after finishing off all the trainers (Rose now lvl 41) defeated Erica.
-Did the stuff in the game corner/lavender tower so i could get Pokeflute
-Beat Snorlax
-Headed to Fuschia Gym, defeated Koga (Rose lvl 52)
-Went Safari Zone, Caught Doduo (Servant-03, Fly Slave),got Surf and the Teeth
-Headed back to saffron, Defeating Rocket at Silph Co
-Defeated Sabrina (Rose OHKO her team, Rose lvl 55)
-Headed to Cinnabar Island and got through the mansion, also used my RareCandies, raising Rose to lvl 61
-Lost to Blaine on first try, but managed to beat him on the second (I got lucky)

Team:

Rose (Butterfree, Lvl 61)
-Psychic, Psybeam, Aerial Ace, Silver Wind

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #1.

Update #3 on Black.

Fireheart is now an Arcanine! I have 7 badges now, and am just about to take on the final gym.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Cyrus:
059s.gif

Fireheart the Lonely Arcanine, ♂ - L64 @ Lucky Egg
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Flamethrower, Crunch, Close Combat, ExtremeSpeed

HM Slaves:
561.gif

Sigilyph - Fly, Flash
564.gif

Tirtouga - Surf, Waterfall

552.gif

Krokorok - Cut, Strength, Dig

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
I'll try this in my spare time. Might go for ultimate, but not right now.

Game: Platinum
Pokémon: Eevee (currently trying to get my game to work on the emulator so I can get an egg, gonna get Flail and Endure as egg moves)

May not post updates very regularly, but I'll try to

Edit: After a while of trying to get things to work, I finally got my egg, I got pretty lucky in that the first female I got was also shiny (cos I totally didn't influence that at all ;)). Transferred the egg into my new save file and I was ready to go. Hatched it, and nicknamed my new Eevee "Eon" (I imagine a few people will recognize that as Eevee's beta name). She is level 1 (obviously, due to the egg changes in gen IV) so we are gonna need to do some training before she is ready to fight, luckily I thought ahead and taught her Flail and Endure as egg moves!. In case anyone was wondering, I checked her hidden power, and it is ice type. I intend to evolve her into either Umbreon or Espeon, and will leave it up to fate to decide which (though I'd prefer Umbreon, its always been my favourite Eeveelution).

Pokemon%2520Platinum%2520%2528E%2529_03_23059.jpg

Edit 2: The prof seems to be getting confused in his old age, not only does he think he gave me an Eevee (he gave me Piplup, which seems to have disappeared) he also thinks it has evolved! Eevee doesn't even have a pre-evolved form! But anyway, he gave me the TM for Return, and so I replaced Helping Hand (pretty useless with one Pokémon). Eon is now at Level 5, and we are heading back home to let Mom know that Prof. Rowan has asked us to help him complete the Pokédex, and thus our journey begins.

Edit 3:

This might be rather long, I just started typing it in notepad as I was playing, I haven't even checked how long it is...I dread to think

Spoiler:

Forgive me if I went on a bit there haha...anyways, Eon and I will be challenging the Gym later, I need a break from battling and my 3DS needs charging! Hopefully you all like the personality I've given Eon, I realized after I'd started writing her personality that she had the Sassy nature, so it's pretty fitting! I'm intently watching Sinnoh get darker as I type this, will be training Eon a lot later, I want her to Evolve into an Umbreon! I've also chosen my HM Slaves, it took me a lot of research, and I realized i could get all 8 HMs on a Bibarel and a Tropius, but you don't get Tropius till quite late in the game, so I'm going for: Bibarel - Cut, Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Bibarel - Rock Climb, Waterfall, Starly - Fly, Defog

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #1.

Update #4 on Black.

Alrighty, the first half of Unova is done. I beat Drayden for my final badge, then blasted through Victory Road, the Elite Four, and the last two battles against N and Ghetsis.

I also recorded both the N and Ghetsis battles. Here you go. :)

Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

The postgame is up next.

Team Cyrus:
059s.gif

Fireheart the Lonely Arcanine, ♂ - L74 @ Lucky Egg
Moves: Flamethrower, Crunch, Close Combat, ExtremeSpeed

HM Slaves:
561.gif

Sigilyph - Fly, Flash
564.gif

Tirtouga - Surf, Waterfall

552.gif

Krokorok - Cut, Strength, Dig

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
Quick update from notes I scribbled down after I realized I hadn't come back to Platinum last night and did some training:

Spoiler:

Not a particularly long update, but there will be another one later.

Edit: I've decided that when I buy Pokémon Black later (yeah, I'm still stuck in Gen IV) I'm gonna go through that with just Eon too (luckily I have a copy of her Egg!)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
Hey I am gonna do a Ultimate Solo Run I am not gonna do huge updates lol just pics and summary

Game: Leafgreen, Ruby, HeartGold, White
Pokemon: Machamp

Last edited:

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Well I started Sapphire with Weedle. I would've chosen Emerald, but then I would've had to deal with trade restrictions, which is the main reason it took me this long to start. Here's how it went.

-Started my adventure, naming myself Kirby as usual.
-Chose Torchic as my starter, and got through the boring starting stuff.
-Once I could trade, I traded over a Weedle egg from LeafGreen (the parent of that egg is the Weedle I used for the first game of this challenge).
-Hatched it, and made my way to Rustboro.
-Beat every trainer I can face atm, except for a double battle and the first gym leader.
-Thats pretty much where I am now, Weedle is level 15 I think. I have pictures of his level 5 stats, but I'm posting from my 3DS atm. Since the first leader is both strong and supereffective against me (again) I'll need to grind to beat this. Once Weedle is sufficiently overleveled, I probably won't have to grind for a while, if at all. At least I can EV train, since Lotad gives out Sdef while Nincada gives out Def.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
Me and TheChamp blew through brock like he was just sand! Fighting types this early is easy.

Champ.png

Misty was pretty easy too only because she didn't have confusion or anything so easy win there as well.

Champ-1.png

Yeah easy mode.

Champ-2.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
Erika was really annoying cause of the status problems but otherwise it was fairly easy mostly because im overleveled.

Champ-3.png

11wildy

Me!
Years
Starting a pokemon Crystal solo with Kingdra! I'll record and upload gym and E4 battles.

Edit: I somehow can't upload vids, so I will just run through the game with the speed button ;D.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Final Update for USC #1!

Final Update (#5) on Black!
  • Well, the postgame was real fast and easy since I only had one Pokemon, and Fireheart could handle the high levels no problem.
  • Anyway, I ended up getting him to L97 before taking on Morimoto and Cynthia, and I also taught Fireheart Wild Charge in place of Crunch.
  • Morimoto was real easy, he doesn't have any real threats to Fire heart.
  • Cynthia took several tries, however, because of Garchomp. I ended up having to use an X Attack on Fireheart for a safe win against Cynthia.
  • Now it was time for the Elite Four again, so I taught Fireheart Fire Blast.
  • Most of the Elite Four didn't give Fireheart any trouble aside from Marshall (damn Sawk with Sturdy and a crit Stone Edge), Fireheart was just too overpowering. He did have a bit of recoil damage due to Wild Charge, especially against Shauntal and Grimsley.
  • Alder was easy as well, although I did lose once to Volcarona, who crit with a +1 Hyper Beam.
  • Here's the video and play-by-play of the win. I chuckled at the Hyper Beam miss.
Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:

Team Cyrus (Final):
059s.gif

Fireheart the Lonely Arcanine, ♂ - L100 @ Leftovers
Moves: Fire Blast, Wild Charge, Close Combat, ExtremeSpeed
Final Stats: 334/299/166/249/187/242

HM Slaves:
561.gif

Sigilyph - Fly, Flash [boxed]
564.gif

Tirtouga - Surf, Waterfall, Dive [boxed]

552.gif

Krokorok - Cut, Strength, Dig [boxed]
Now I finally have one USC totally complete, yay for me!

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Sorry for the absence, I'm back doing Venomoth now. Streaming it (stream link is in my sig). Come watch if you wish!

Edit: Done with Venomoth!

edit_preview.php

Missed the battle screenshot, but there's one you need.

Last edited:
Years
I'm abandoning the Umbreon challenge I had started, the flash drive it was on got corrupted... :/

Anyway I'll re-start this ultimate challenge with Rapidash, I will go LG, HG, Ruby, Platinum, and then Black for good measure

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2012
This is my first challenge and the idea of sweeping an entire game with only one pokemon sounds awesome. I'm gonna run torchic because he was my favorite and first to ever reach lvl 100. It's cool if i use the GBA Hack for gold right?
I will probably go Ruby-> FireRed-> Gold Hack-> Pearl-> White

Years
Update 1:
Spoiler:

Spr_3f_077.png

War Horse the Bold Ponyta Lvl. 39
stats: 101/71/68/61/61/94
Moveset: Takedown/Agility/Stomp/Ember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back