• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 12, 2016
Then the key goes in a door past the city underneath granaldo city? If it does, I can't get past said guard because he keeps telling me to go back to the research center. I already brought back the briefcase to the scientist

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 3, 2022
Just wanted to say that this is the best hack i've played so far!!!
I really hope you will finish it, even if it will take some time.

RaiderzEX

Soar we shall, to places far beyond
Years
I cant seem to find anything. No elemental orbs, nor where to go to do sidequests. Help please?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Cool hehe. Is there any way to evolve him or any other pokémon when trading is necessary?

And I'll check that house asap! Thanks for the info.

Very nice hack, I love it.

Haha I couldn't respond because my post count is too low to quote the link you posted
Nope, Super Onix won't evolve.
Thanks by the way :)

I don't know if this has been answered yet or not, but I'm in east suden and I can only go to granaldo city. Any ideas on how to get past the guard that lets me go east? Also, I have a key, but it doesn't go to the basement in west suden. Anybody know where it goes?
Can't tell if you're still looking for help or not, but you won't be able to pass that gate because that's the final area in beta 4 that is accessable. You can still do lots of new stuff in the West though.

Just wanted to say that this is the best hack i've played so far!!!
I really hope you will finish it, even if it will take some time.
Thank you Monti! :)

I cant seem to find anything. No elemental orbs, nor where to go to do sidequests. Help please?
You won't be able to get any of the orbs until you progress quite far in the game. Same goes for all the 7 sidequests.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderzEX

Years
Just got my shiny articuno and shiny zapdos

I managed to get a shiny articuno and a shiny zapdos. Also found a shiny donphan randomly

RaiderzEX

Years
Ok, so i completed all 7 sidequests. Is there something to do in mystery woods?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2014
An original game tweaked with a different storyline and more depth while still keeping the nostalgic feeling everyone like me still loves? Remarkable and I'm so excited to play this game. Keep it up!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
bro,
i hav played ur game .
pkm dark future.
its superb than any other game.
i am having a java cell .
so the problem is that i hav completed till last map.
but the sailor says that thnk u for playing this game.
i hav been waiting for ur game next level or new version.
if u hav published it then pls send me the link .
i hav already downloaded the game for the pc .
but i want it for the my cell thats java.
and
once again ur hack is AWESOME.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
Hi there Miksy! I finished beta 4 and I must say....
One of the best games I've ever played, even though it is an unfinished game.
Beta 5 is now my most anticipated game (regardless of when you finish it. you can't rush art!).
Seriously, FANTASTIC JOB!

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Miksy I have a Problem....

Neither BGB or VBA can run the game, why this happens?

Rememeber that play your game once, but dont remember with which emulator.

miksy91

Years
qOptic said:
An original game tweaked with a different storyline and more depth while still keeping the nostalgic feeling everyone like me still loves? Remarkable and I'm so excited to play this game. Keep it up!

pvrbrrs said:
bro,
i hav played ur game .
pkm dark future.
its superb than any other game.
i am having a java cell .
so the problem is that i hav completed till last map.
but the sailor says that thnk u for playing this game.
i hav been waiting for ur game next level or new version.
if u hav published it then pls send me the link .
i hav already downloaded the game for the pc .
but i want it for the my cell thats java.
and
once again ur hack is AWESOME.
That was an old beta you were playing actually. Right now, the hack goes with the name of "Dark Energy" and there is a new version up which you can download.

Hi there Miksy! I finished beta 4 and I must say....
One of the best games I've ever played, even though it is an unfinished game.
Beta 5 is now my most anticipated game (regardless of when you finish it. you can't rush art!).
Seriously, FANTASTIC JOB!
Great to hear you enjoyed it! :)

com3tiin said:
Miksy I have a Problem....

Neither BGB or VBA can run the game, why this happens?

Rememeber that play your game once, but dont remember with which emulator.
Both of them can run the hack just fine (as a .gbc file). You sure you applied the ips patch to a clean silver (U) rom file?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Not sure if this has been asked yet, but can you trade to/from this hack? And how does a pokemon evolve through rank? My lol. 100 onix never evolved...

miksy91

Years
Not sure if this has been asked yet, but can you trade to/from this hack? And how does a pokemon evolve through rank? My lol. 100 onix never evolved...
No, you can't trade in this hack. All trade evolution pokemon evolve by leveling them up, Onix does too. I take it you're talking about Super Onix that never evolved, right? That's not supposed to evolve either.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 9, 2014
Im playin this game , but a quard tells me i need beta 5 , does that mean i need to start it all over again?!?

miksy91

Years
Am I the only one that can't find cut? I've been playing for a while and I can't seem to find it anywhere.
You can get cut after you defeat the gym leader that uses flying type:).
You wouldn't have probably even been looking for it unless it was for that cut tree after the North Star.

Anyway, there are lots of other cases in the hack as well when you think "Am I supposed to have this HM at the moment?" or "Where may I find the code for this PC?" and such. But I have just made it so that you're supposed to re-visit places to do everything there is to do.

(Making HM01 obtainable that way was not such a good idea though. But it works.)

Im playin this game , but a quard tells me i need beta 5 , does that mean i need to start it all over again?!?
I may make it so that you need to start over but it's always a possibility you may not have to. Depends on the fact, do I have to re-organize the usage of some parts of the ram memory pretty much.

Years
You wouldn't have probably even been looking for it unless it was for that cut tree after the North Star.

Anyway, there are lots of other cases in the hack as well when you think "Am I supposed to have this HM at the moment?" or "Where may I find the code for this PC?" and such. But I have just made it so that you're supposed to re-visit places to do everything there is to do.

(Making HM01 obtainable that way was not such a good idea though. But it works.)

I may make it so that you need to start over but it's always a possibility you may not have to. Depends on the fact, do I have to re-organize the usage of some parts of the ram memory pretty much.
I for one hope honestly hope that we don't have to restart because I am the unfortunate lucky guy who got a shiny Nidoran(F), a shiny Noctowl, a shiny Geodude, a shiny Spearow, a shiny Natu, and a shiny Squirtle(know that was intentional, but still felt like pointing it out), and I'm only in the 4th gym XD. But if I do recall correctly, didn't you say that you feel like not continuing the hack anymore? It's your wish actually, but if you ask me, the story and everything about the game is solid, and it would be pretty disappointing if you decide to stop the game after going so far, much like what Wesley did with Light Platinum Beta 3.0. But if you don't have the will or passion to carry on, then that's respectable. After all you're doing this for fun right? Anyways if u do decide to carry on the hack, then good luck!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 9, 2014
Darn.. I dont want to do it all over , i have put alot of time in this game and dont want to lose that.. If there is an option let me know asap!

Back